HALO files UNFOLDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

Hey 405th!

So Arcanine posted a thread which contains LOTS of Halo 4 files with a special thanks to Gravemind and the Adjutant Team for providing these files. Since none of the files have been unfolded, I have taken the liberty to start unfolding the files. I will work on it as much as I can. I may be able to do one unfold a day or even up to 3 a day depending on the amount of work I have to do to unfold the model.

I will be ATTEMPTING to unfold as many files that Arcanine has posted in her thread here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/41200-RELEASE-Halo-4-Armour-Assets

There is a GREAT chance that A LOT of the files DO NOT have the edge ID numbers showing because I like to build my stuff without them AND because I don't need the numbers for foam builds. :p IF you require the edge ID numbers, you can easily turn them on yourself by clicking on "2D Menu" at the top in pepakura then selecting "Show Edge ID". :)

(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)*(_)

HALO 4 HELMETS:
Air Assault:
http://www.4shared.com/file/hDemPmEece/H4_AirAssault_HELM.html
Aviator: http://www.4shared.com/file/MZF-dK36ba/H4_AVIATOR_Helmet.html

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D finally i will build a strider helmet soon thanks to you YAY DOUBLE YAYY!!!

Nice work, HG, but two important things you need to be aware of:

- These files were provided in utterly raw format. As such, there will be missing geometry, open edges (especially with the visors) and extra pieces that need to be refined (for example, the neck seals) - they are not what I'd call 'Pepakura-ready files'. I would highly recommend taking these files into a 3D modelling program and removing at least the open edges, before going ahead and unfolding them.
- I'm a girl :p

- These files were provided in utterly raw format. As such, there will be missing geometry, open edges (especially with the visors) and extra pieces that need to be refined (for example, the neck seals) - they are not what I'd call 'Pepakura-ready files'. I would highly recommend taking these files into a 3D modelling program and removing at least the open edges, before going ahead and unfolding them.

yeah, you can convert these models in any 3d friendly file. use meshlab (free) for the converting process. after that you will be able to edit the mesh in sketchup or blender
iam currently doing the CIO

If I feel froggy enough I might throw the files in blender for a bit, if I get my MkVI chest hardened some more.

I am aware of the neck seals and can easily move those pieces out of the way so that they are NOT included with the actual printed pieces. As for open edges (since so far I have noticed it's ONLY the visor area), it is VERY easy to add "glue tabs" to the visor piece so that it can be glued in place. Otherwise, I have not yet run into any issues where there have been open edges. The files may seem a bit low def, but they are still workable. :p

And I was not aware that you were a girl! XD

There's also the issue that the raw files aren't completely symmetrical, but as long as you're okay with them I don't see any problems. I guess it's just preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back