CCEE 2014 & Parade announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongShot X

This thread is for those who are going to the Calgary Comic Entertainment Expo and/or Parade http://www.calgaryexpo.com/

There are several of us going to this as well as the Parade of Wonders (POW) (Canada's 2nd western cosplay parade) http://www.calgaryexpo.com/calgary-expo-events/pow-parade-of-wonders/

1) If your interested in participating in the parade, please let me know and I'll add you to the "Halo" group that is registered in the parade.

2) We are also organizing a get together HALO group at CCEE. Meet and greet. Group Photo's etc... (consensus is Saturday morning and the location is TBA)

Discussion on the details are being done in a "secret FB group" (no so secret now). If you want to be part of this, please PM me on FB and I'll add you to the group. Full (finished) Halo costume is a must.

Details will be posted here, for those who do not have a FB account.

Cheers!

Parade Details:

(Please read even if it seems long! It has all the info you need)

You (your group) have been approved for the Parade of WONDERS!!!

Please note that you will be in the parade with others of your type of genre and will be able to enjoy a variety of fun and meeting new people so be prepared to BE the entertainment and cosplay your heart out!

Thank you for registering for the Parade of Wonders 2014! We are just as excited as you are! Please note that sign up for the day of the parade is from 9 am-10:30 am. Please note that you (your group) must be signed in by 10:30 am at the latest to take part in the parade. YOU WILL SIGN IN UNDER YOUR NAME THIS YEAR NOT YOUR GENRE. (This is not yelling, just extra important info!)

There will be some events at the sign up area which will be announced on the Expo pages (facebook and website) so please keep your eye out!

For those of you who are wondering about badge pickup please note that badge pick up and exchange will be done Wednesday and Thursday as specified on the Calgary Expo website.

THERE WILL BE NO BADGE PICKUP AT THE PARADE.

The address for the parade sign-in/start location is in the link below.

It is in front of the YMCA at Eau Claire
Google Maps

Also for anyone who registered to park downtown please ensure that you registered your vehicle with us before April 10th as only those license plates numbers I give can receive free parking with the proper parking authority.

There is information available here Welcome - CPA And CDA parking app (as a hidden link) Downtown Calgary Parking to find up to date parking stall information.

The Opening ceremonies are at the very end of the Parade and will be held at Olympic Plaza, more information on that can be found at the Calgary Expo Website www.calgaryexpo.com

Here is a vid from last years Parade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I would love to go! But the tickets sold so fast :(
If anyone has extras I would pay full admission plus profit
But for now I'll just keep searching the planet

- Tom

Tickets are still available, just weekend and sat ones ONLINE are sold out. There are still some available to other local stores for purchase, ask a friend to pick you up one.

I'll be wearing my Rengar costume for the parade but Saturday I'm suiting up in my spartan! Excited to see you all on Saturday :)

I've tracked down some weekend tickets methinks, but if the parade is Friday I'm gonna get a Friday pass too
Have to wait until Thursday or Friday this week to confirm that I am going because I gotta wait for the paycheck to roll in.
Just put a little dash beside my name there Longshot.

- Tom

I'd like to be in the parade btw,
How would I go about registering in the group?

For those who want to be in the Parade, I will need the following info:
1st and last name and your email address.
PM me or leave the info here.

I'll then forward that to the parade organizers.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back