UV unwrapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupokitty

Does anyone have some links to good UV unwrapping tutorial PDFs? I'm not much of a video person, and I've got an assignment due next week that needs some decent texturing.

I'm fiiiiinally in a 3D modeling class, and Maya is strange and new to me.

It depends on what you're trying to do. Most programs now feature a 'smart unwrap' tool that works a lot like Pepakura.

Other than that, I would suggest simply getting stuck in with a lot of practise. I taught myself UV unwrapping and application in Blender - it's not as hard as some may think, just tedious at times.

I just need to get a texture to be applied on an abject in a way that makes sense. Right now everything is splotchy.

Define 'splotchy'. I'm willing to help and give assistance, albeit in Blender, but I'm not going to be able to help you out unless you're a little more precise with your explanation.

cant.jpg

This is what I mean by splotchy. I made the can in Blender.

Attachments

• cant.jpg
    cant.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 169
They don't exactly have the PDF tutorials I'm looking for, but thanks for the link. I suppose I can lurk in their forums and sponge knowledge if I can't find anything.

Found this. I quickly looked through it. It seems good. Most of what I know about UV-unwrapping I've learned myself. But this seems to cover a lot;)

Edit: It seems to involve a plugin called UnWrella. Screw it, I might try to make my own "half assed" turorial xD

Yo probably won't find any tuts in pof for as a video is easier to do and explain ad they show you where to go what to do at the same time of explaining it pdfs you just get pics and confusing text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back