Demogorgon's Dovahkiin Daedric Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demogorgon

FUS RO DAH!!!!!
Hail Sithis!

Hello 405th, and welcome to another build :)

I wanted to branch out from the Halo universe and build something suitable for Renaissance Festivals. I decided that a set of Daedric armor would be pretty interesting to make so I'm going for it. I will be using Zombiegrimm's files and modifying them for foam.

-----Daedric Armor Foam Unfolds-----

--/Please keep in mind that these unfolds I created for my build style. I also modify the templates as I cut them out to fit my needs. There may also be parts I took out because I didn't want them in the final piece (shoulders for example, the third little spike I removed and made it flat.)/--

First up, I went ahead and pepped out a Daedric Dagger. I don't remember where on the internet I found the file though (I couldn't find one in ZG's thread).

IMG_0977_zps0f4fb7f7.jpg

IMG_0968_zpsb10f17a7.jpg

The file split the dagger into 4 pieces which will make the hardening process go a lot easier. In the end, I'll probably end up making a Daedric Greatsword, but a dagger is good for now.

I have also finished modifying the gauntlet for foam. For the finger parts I will be pepping out the sections and use rivets (or just glue the pieces to the proper part of the glove fingers) so I can actually bend my fingers. Here is my foam template for the gauntlets, went from 26 pages down to 4 haha.

Daedric_Gauntlets_unfold_zps5a7d4102.jpg

Lastly, I don't know whether I want to do the original paint scheme or the purified paint scheme with the gold details. What do you guys and gals think?

Original:
DaedricArmorSK.png

Purified:
Purified_Daedric_Golden.JPG

Well this concludes the intro to my next build. I'm excited to get started on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0977_zps0f4fb7f7.jpg
    IMG_0977_zps0f4fb7f7.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0968_zpsb10f17a7.jpg
    IMG_0968_zpsb10f17a7.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 297
  • Daedric_Gauntlets_unfold_zps5a7d4102.jpg
    Daedric_Gauntlets_unfold_zps5a7d4102.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 410
  • Purified_Daedric_Golden.JPG
    Purified_Daedric_Golden.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DaedricArmorSK.png
    DaedricArmorSK.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 290
man that medieval fair is going to need a new class of evil.

Haha hopefully it'll turn out devilishly awesome. I wanted to make something for the Ren Fests but something other than the obvious candidates (Jester, peasent, knight, monk, etc.). I wanted it to be something that really not many people have seen (I've seen maybe 3-4 full daedric sets actually built) so I figured, hey, a daedric build would get a few double takes haha. Plus I can also take this as an alternate suit to my GEN 2 'Busa suit at conventions :)

Time for an update for the night. The foam template is working out tremendously and the forearm is coming together quite nicely. I am a little over half way done with the left forearm.

IMG_0980_zpseb8e99e2.jpg

IMG_0979_zpsde36189c.jpg

It's a bit narrow so I'll have to add some extra foam to open up the diameter a little.

Attachments

• IMG_0979_zpsde36189c.jpg
    IMG_0979_zpsde36189c.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0980_zpseb8e99e2.jpg
    IMG_0980_zpseb8e99e2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 198
I think the white / gold armour would look pretty sweet, but I will warn you from experience white armour needs alot maintenance.
Your forearm is looks great so far.
+1 sub :)

you know I'd go to a elder scroll's con if they ever had one.

Ditto. That would be a really fun convention.

Don't go pure man, I'd go evil as hell. Get some red lights in between the joints and look badass.

When I first thought of doing this build, that was exactly what I thought of doing, going with the original paint scheme with red pulsing LEDs. Then, a couple days ago, my friend showed me this alternate color scheme and I thought it looked pretty cool, I guess because it was different and I was so used to playing with the default. I'm on the fence on which color scheme I want to do but I'm kind of leaning towards the original with red LEDs.

Finished the left gauntlet. I left off the part that goes over the back of the hand so I can bend my hand backwards but I'll add it to the gloves and probably strap it to the forearm so that I can retain my hand movement.

IMG_0982_zpsd1efd9df.jpg

I'm working on modifying the shoulder file for foam and then I'll get to my right forearm.

Attachments

• IMG_0982_zpsd1efd9df.jpg
    IMG_0982_zpsd1efd9df.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 219
yes because the sword is a beast.

oh are you going to make a bow as well because then you can make the arrows to go with it.

I was thinking about making a bow but the Medieval fest doesn't allow arrows with tips, however if I make the tips from foam I may be able to bring them. If I do make the bow, it will be if I have any extra time after the armor and sword is finished.

Here are the weapon guidelines for the Sarasota Medieval Fest:

No guns of any type are allowed at the festival. If your costume includes a sword, or dagger they must be properly sheathed and peace-tied. Present yourself to security personnel at our Castle Entranceway. No broadaxes, maces, halberds, claymores, pikes or spears are allowed at the festival. Arrows with tips are not allowed. Drawing of any type of weapons at any time is not allowed and will result in immediate removal from the festival.

I'm pretty sure this refers to metal weaponry but I emailed the event coordinators asking if foam weapons were allowed without needing a sheath so hopefully I'll be able to bring them. The armor will still look pretty epic without a weapon but the sword will definitely enhance the look.

oh man that mean's I can't to a para drop into the josting match and pull out my SMG's like a boss. but it stucks that they are that tight on fake weapons even a prop is a fake of the real thing, by the way just be glad their isn't a webbing spent an hour having to remove weapons, knife frag's, spike's, stickys, remote deatanors's, and the blast pack I had on my leg, just to get in. the guys running it was wanting to know what was taking so long and opened the door and seen me pulling weapons out of my suit. ODST more like MAIM (mobile armory in marine.)

That's ridiculous. As long as it's LARP friendly it should be allowed to any convention/faire. I think the guidelines only apply to REAL weapons, not props, but we'll see what they say about prop weapons.

Update

Gauntlets are finished!

IMG_0992_zpsb478ac4d.jpg

They need some very minor touch ups with some caulking.

Next up will be the Greaves. Here's my modified unfold for foam

daedric_boots_foam_zps735ccf72.jpg

Nearly got everything onto one sheet of foam haha. Need to make a Walmart and GNC run tomorrow for supplies and my Spike Energy Drinks!

IMG_0993_zps7286083d.jpg

Through my experience of working with foam, and a tip from Hyper, it's always best to try and get as big of a foam piece as possible. This results in a much smoother and cleaner final product. I'll post some pictures of the finished greaves tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0993_zps7286083d.jpg
    IMG_0993_zps7286083d.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 230
  • daedric_boots_foam_zps735ccf72.jpg
    daedric_boots_foam_zps735ccf72.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0992_zpsb478ac4d.jpg
    IMG_0992_zpsb478ac4d.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 226
--Update--

Finished the left greave and I think it came out beautifully. It fits perfectly and actually has very good maneuverability. I'll upload a picture of me wearing them once I finish the right one.

IMG_0996_zps9582cd7b.jpg

IMG_0999_zps9692efd8.jpg

IMG_1000_zps287bd888.jpg

--EDIT--

Here are the two shins with the toe pieces:

IMG_1005_zps0b1e2eca.jpg

And here is everything so far:

IMG_1006_zpse01f9d67.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0996_zps9582cd7b.jpg
    IMG_0996_zps9582cd7b.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0999_zps9692efd8.jpg
    IMG_0999_zps9692efd8.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1000_zps287bd888.jpg
    IMG_1000_zps287bd888.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1005_zps0b1e2eca.jpg
    IMG_1005_zps0b1e2eca.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1006_zpse01f9d67.jpg
    IMG_1006_zpse01f9d67.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 203
very nice dude - seems that both of us are working parallel :D but seeing your progress and the simplicity of the foam peps gives me doubts of i should pep everything or just use foam for parts like shoulders, greaves and torso....how thick is the foam? 1cm?

very nice dude - seems that both of us are working parallel :D but seeing your progress and the simplicity of the foam peps gives me doubts of i should pep everything or just use foam for parts like shoulders, greaves and torso....how thick is the foam? 1cm?

Thanks, I'll reply to your PM with the files :)

The foam is 1.27cm (1/2")

I find that keeping the foam unfolds simple result in a very easy build plus they look clean once built. As you can see in one of my pictures posted before, I'll try to attach as many of the template pieces as I can to make the result smooth and clean. A heat gun is a must when working with foam to help get the shapes you desire.

--Update--

I feel like I am flying through this build, though I plan on it slowing down now that the torso, shoulders and helmet are coming up haha. Here are the thigh and rib pieces from the Torso Pieces file:

IMG_1008_zpsd98995ff.jpg

IMG_1010_zpsb244a024.jpg

I'm working on the modified unfold for the three remaining parts simultaneously so whichever one I finish first will be next to build!

Attachments

• IMG_1008_zpsd98995ff.jpg
    IMG_1008_zpsd98995ff.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1010_zpsb244a024.jpg
    IMG_1010_zpsb244a024.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back