Halo ODST Hunter Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your work is awesome. I have to admit I am working on a hunter as well.. So your build is really been helping me out with mine. Thank you.

For the fuel rod crystals (the green things protruding from the cannon) do you plan to use glowsticks or some sort of fluorescent paint to make it light up?
I will youse green led´s i found some plastic boxes with nearly the same form and the front of the cannon will brightens more and more on like in game ( my uncle will help me i think it will work with a switch in ethe cannon.
NoMaybeYes
thank you I would have done it exactly wrong with the edges :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
You beat me to it, but I'm planning a hunter as well for myself to cosplay alongside my son's Master Chief. My larger size beside him will have the scale working out nicely. My cannon will be lit with several LEDs with a switch inside the arm piece.

OMG, I just saw the updates with the pics.
Not sure if I can express how awesome I really think it is without using lots of expletives.

Never tought that my post reach 4k views thats awsome and thank you all for the tips and compliments
RobotChicken @ AugmentedHuman013 hunter are always two or more a little grouß would be great :)

Wow. Is all I can say. Puppy is going to be heavy but nice. Pep work is excellent. As to the Fiberglass Patience and lots of it. It is what is going to bring you the strength but it is also going to make it heavy quick.

When you hit the bondo stage Id suggest going with less bondo and more rondo that way you can thing your mix far enough that you can paint it on and keep it thin to reduce your sanding work. You have a lot lot lot of little detail and sanding that is what is going to drive you bonkers in a hurry so the less sanding you have to do the better.

As to the small errors don't let them drive you to nuts. If They are close enough to nit pick that blast them with the cannon and move on. With the amount of small detail you have your going to have to make some choices along the way of what you are going to define as good enough.

Keep up the good work.

Kusak3 i know its going to be very heavy the parts are now already not the lightest. i know the liitle rives and some ultra detailed parts drive me once crazy i jist sanding the big surfaces. and the little errors im just ok with them see al lot of thing but with the bondo and rondo and the paint i think the most will disappear but big thanks i know the struggle with the big detailed parts :)

so the weather isnt realy good and i cant work with the fiberglass
so i get bored and make this :)
20140813_180353.jpg

Holy Buckets... I can't even imagine trying to smooth all that out... good luck with the fiberglass though that was super time consuming for me. Have you considered using Rondo on any of the pieces ? it would be a lot easier to get inside the spikes and any part that is detailed. The fiberglass is a lot stronger, but in areas that don't need that much strength you might want to consider doing that. Rondo can warp stuff pretty bad too, so I usually coat the inside with at least 1 coat of resin before applying Rondo.

It's always great to see a covenant build. I would also like to echo what sikaxis said about the rondo. I have had countless pieces ruined by not prepping enough for the rondo phase. It would stink to have to rebuild all of that because of rondo.

You should totally get another person near you to make a hunter as well. Seeing a pair of hunters would be awesome!

So cool. I think I will have to do this. After master chief collection comes out of course. I play them all still even Spartan Assault.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

The halo 4 cd is the install cd the second one and i can wait for the master chief collection and i think i will play destiny more than halo 4 :D

that looks amazing so far! but im wondering about the helmet, how will you be able to see through it granted that its rounded? wouldnt a lens be much harder to insert?

the hunter have a long neck... so i´ve got that going for me. the helmet sit on the top of my head und my face and the rest is coverd with thin hoses ( the hoses are glued on some textile). so my face is the hunters neck and a positiv side effect is that i will gain some extra inches in my hight:D eh i hope you guys understand it i must realy work on my english skills ~.~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back