Halo Cosplay Uniform Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

brkiker

Member DIN
S286
I don't know if this has been discussed, and I don't know if this is the place to bring it up. I had an idea.

Here's the story of how I came up with the idea. I've been prepping my ODST armor for a trip to the Naval Aviation Museum here in Pensacola with a group I'm with. I figured that base personal probably won't like me wearing a helmet the whole time, so I figured I'd wear a soft cover like a patrol hat or beret. After learning a bit of background on military head gear and uniform, I decided I'd do an actual uniformed beret that the people along the Panhandle of Florida or just the Pensacola area could join in. We could wear these berets to show that we are part of a particular group from a particular area to help members here and else where quickly identify us.

The idea would be maroon berets with a emerald and white flash that would have either an ODST or Spartan logo pin. The maroon generally representing military special ops or para-troopers, the emerald and white flash representing the emerald coast and white beaches of Florida, and the ODST or Spartan pin showing what particular armor we'd be wearing. Other areas could do their own thing.

Is this completely dumb or something we as community could maybe get behind?

Honestly i think it is a good idea. Gives the depth to the cosplay. To me the farther you give your costume/armor the back story or plot from which it comes the better the cosplay is.

yeah all the thing's I have on mine is a story in itself, got like five different things painted on to it. some are for the fallen other's for brothers, and one for the girl who's daddy is never coming home. (AKA she's dead not him colony was glassed.)

Awesome. Thanks guys. The cool thing about this idea is that every area could do their own thing to identify themselves. That way if and when we meet at a large convention were there is a large number of Halo cosplayers, we can see easily what area or group we're with.

I don't know how to grow this with in the community though.

To be honest. You might come across as an AJ if you rocked up to a base with any sort of uniform (or imitation of for that matter) on when you weren't on duty.
At best the personnel will get a good laugh out of it. At worst you would offend a soccer mom or something.

The idea with the beret is all well and good, but remember that the ODST were Marines. I'd go with the stovepipe. A black stovepipe with an ODST pin on the front of it or the EGS (Eagle, Globe, and Scroll).

I agree with you. Where did you get the EGS from though? The Marine corps emblem is the EGA Eagle globe and anchor.
LIKE SO http://s395.photobucket.com/user/devildawg542/media/ega2bmp.jpg.html

I assume Jason-078, is talking about this:
Marine_corps_copy.png

And Jason, what style of hat is the stovepipe? When I look it up on google, all I see are top hats lol.

Attachments

• Marine_corps_copy.png
    Marine_corps_copy.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 120
These types of hats are what Jason is referring to....I think:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.