First Post - Star Wars Stomtrooper Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've got most things smoothed out and got the eyes and teeth cut out. I'll do some more work on the sides later. it looks a bit off on the picture, but that's because I like to spray a bit of primer over every once in a while, in my opinion this makes it easier to spot holes etc. I suppose I'm not the only one doing this :p Later on I think I will start to paint it, but I'm not really sure how to paint it and what paint to use to get it all shiny. Would appreciate any tips :)
7LXLTA2l.jpg

P.S. Steam has a weekend sale for most star wars games, so if anyone wants to play Battlefront 2? :D

Attachments

• 7LXLTA2l.jpg
    7LXLTA2l.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 77
Looks like there's still some sanding to be done, but its looking really good.

For shiny paint, most cheap paint have glossy varnish like finishes to them.

Looks like there's still some sanding to be done, but its looking really good.

For shiny paint, most cheap paint have glossy varnish like finishes to them.

Yeah,it looks a bit off on the photo but that's mainly just the resin coming through from the sanding. There's still some sanding to be done yes, But I'll probably do that this monday, before I start painting.
Thanks though! appreciate it :D

Got the paint on yesterday and got some light tinted plastic as eyes in too. I can't say I'm happy with the paint job though, because it was really hard finding all of these and they are very different from each other in terms of gloss etc. Also I had to do everything with spraycans and tape, because I'm saving to make a full armor set soon, and this caused it some colors to leak over to others at times. Also this is why I didn't do any decals, because I'd rather not spend my money on other paint again (already bought wrong spraycans that were pretty expensive). I know it isn't great, but I think this was a good way to practice again, after all, It's only my third helmet so far, So I'm not really experienced with all this yet. So here's a picture of the result :D :
IcvV02Xl.jpg

And here's one next to my first helmet and one I never finished, as comparison
KmoQAbjl.jpg

I'm going to start with my first set of armor soon, and I think I'll be putting it on here too :)
Also thanks to everyone for reading this and commenting. I appreciate it :D

Attachments

• IcvV02Xl.jpg
    IcvV02Xl.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 106
  • KmoQAbjl.jpg
    KmoQAbjl.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 83
P.S. Steam has a weekend sale for most star wars games, so if anyone wants to play Battlefront 2? :D

I was so happy until I didn't see a little apple by the title :( so much time wasted on the ps2 with that one.
Your bucket looks nice by the way! I hate to be nit-picky, but you should add the blue stripes on the sides on the helm, in front of the ear pieces. It's a small detail, but they look nice

I was so happy until I didn't see a little apple by the title :( so much time wasted on the ps2 with that one.
Your bucket looks nice by the way! I hate to be nit-picky, but you should add the blue stripes on the sides on the helm, in front of the ear pieces. It's a small detail, but they look nice

You wont be missing much, it won't be playable anymore after may 30 due to gamespy shutting down :(
Thanks! agree on the stripes, but I don't have any other paint other than spray paint, I can't think of any clean way to make those stripes with spray paint, So I'm going to pass on that.

you can use painters tape to mark the borders where you want to spray, then you peel the tape up and you are left with the stripe

Helmet looks pretty good. i think maybe it needed to be sanded just a little more around the top, but if your happy with it then thats what matters. of course it could just be the paint throwing it off. *shrugs* looks good regardless :)

you can use painters tape to mark the borders where you want to spray, then you peel the tape up and you are left with the stripe

That's what I've done for painting the entire helmet, but those stripes are very small and there's alot of them, so that would be a pain in the ass to get symmetrical and nicely looking :/

Helmet looks pretty good. i think maybe it needed to be sanded just a little more around the top, but if your happy with it then thats what matters. of course it could just be the paint throwing it off. *shrugs* looks good regardless :)

Yeah I agree, the top is very bumpy and there's a little black spot on the left side but that's actually the paint :p Thanks though! :D

You wont be missing much, it won't be playable anymore after may 30 due to gamespy shutting down :(
Thanks! agree on the stripes, but I don't have any other paint other than spray paint, I can't think of any clean way to make those stripes with spray paint, So I'm going to pass on that.

When I built my TD the stripes came as a sticker pack. I just lined them up and pressed them on. They came with my whole kit, but maybe you can find some by themselves.

EDIT: just google it and an ebay post will pop up. You can buy either just stripes or a complete bucket sticker pack.

When I built my TD the stripes came as a sticker pack. I just lined them up and pressed them on. They came with my whole kit, but maybe you can find some by themselves.

EDIT: just google it and an ebay post will pop up. You can buy either just stripes or a complete bucket sticker pack.

I think I found what you meant on ebay, but I live in The Netherlands, and I don't really have the money to spend on the stickers plus the extra shipping costs. I'm also actually already working on my next project :) I'll put that up here too as soon as I've got it all pepped. If I ever come across those stickers in a shop or something I'll definitely put them on still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back