Daedric Armor - my first real selfmade

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0812

Hello everyone,
I started my Project just two weeks ago, so its in the beginning and i wanted to make a little documentation of my progress here ;) and of course one or two queststions will be asked aswell :p
soo just the first word of thanks goes to Zombiegrimm and his awesome pep-files!!
and the story so far:

I thought it would be appropriate to buy the most important things first: paper (well, the 200g/sqm cardstock), epoxy resin and fibreglass...here is where was my first mistake i guess: just asked the seller, which one would be the best for small and complex models - so after two or three emails i bought the 300g/sqm woven glass fibre cloth (body) which in fact seems to be nearly useless if you want to cover parts with edges/angles smaller than 150 degreees; any ideas, tipps here?
DSC_0047_zps9ee1c13d.jpg

Then i started with the paper printing and cutting, until today i made the gloves, one dragon priest mask andn the daedric sword

DSC_0041_zps1abdb795.jpg
DSC_0046_zps2cec21a2.jpg

the because the peps were finished i started covering them with the first layer of resin two days ago and today i also tried fibreglassing one of the gloves (inside of course)...unfortunately I think I can instantly throw this one into the trash, 'cause if you know the pep of the gloves, they have very sharp angles and the fabric only has a good connection to about the half of the glove - pics tomorrow or monday when it has finished hardening

Soo hope you'll enjoy this thread an critisize me as good as possible, because i really want to make a good looking cosplay and not just any costume built in a hurry

Attachments

• DSC_0047_zps9ee1c13d.jpg
    DSC_0047_zps9ee1c13d.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0046_zps2cec21a2.jpg
    DSC_0046_zps2cec21a2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC_0041_zps1abdb795.jpg
    DSC_0041_zps1abdb795.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 206
Looking forward to seeing your build!

To post picture on the 405th you'll have to make an account on Photobucket (which is what I use, you can use any other image hosting site.) Then copy the direct link of the photo and use the Image tag and place the URL within the tags.

Thanks :) soo here are the pics of my props and the glass cloth aswell, yesterday i chose to order 5 sqm of an "normal" 100g fleece to try it on the other Glove
Today i started cutting out the Helmet and made my own "Paperclay"-Version to fill the sword with it, because well known issue that you can'T just fibreglass the inside of it i thought of making this stuff which is in fact after mixing it thoroughly like lumps of cellulose fibre. those will be dried and then with softened with acetone (thinner for the Epoxi), mixed with the resin and filled inside the sword. theoretically it should be a fluent thing....I'll try it on tuesday with the hilt.
DSC_0048_zpscb6eaf91.jpg ...papercrumble :D

Attachments

• DSC_0048_zpscb6eaf91.jpg
    DSC_0048_zpscb6eaf91.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 182
Soo my dear People Finally got time for an update:
Gauntlets (Arms): finished, Basic colouring was car and acrylic varnish and then with a sponge applied the Grey color with normal.acrylic color. The finish and strucktured Parts were Made by window color
IMG-20140506-WA0006_zpsxvhymfbu.jpg

Helmet: is ready for fibreglassing
Shoulders: would be too but like demogorgon confirmed...30-40% too small or lets say tiny so here: restart
Shoes/legs: one done, the other one is wip but will be finished in 1-2 days
Oh and my side project the dragon priest haf a little damage so the Relief on the forehead got damaged

DSC_0083_zpsln7ibofy.jpg

PS: really not able for fibreglassing properly how Do you manage to bent the fibreglass strip without getting a huge aitbubble at the edges?

Attachments

• IMG-20140506-WA0006_zpsxvhymfbu.jpg
    IMG-20140506-WA0006_zpsxvhymfbu.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0083_zpsln7ibofy.jpg
    DSC_0083_zpsln7ibofy.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back