Couples Halo Mk VI armor project from BountyHunter01

Status
Not open for further replies.

BountyHunter01

Greeting 405th family. I have been long time member and reader of 405th but never a poster. After about a year of reading, tinkering and practice I am finally ready to attempt my own halo armor. I have chosen the pepakura method of building and am pretty pleased with my complete pieces so far. I am doing the halo 3 armor (Mk VI) and hope to complete it this summer. As you look below and follow along with my progress, please feel free to critique, criticize and offer advice. All input is welcome and I reserve the right to disregard it if I want! I have completed the right hand guard, forearm, shin and thigh. Currently resizing the bicep for the third time and hope to finish this weekend. Enjoy and happy commenting!!

IMG_1603_zpsfadd6b13.jpg

IMG_1573_zps9daa7425.jpg

IMG_1570_zpscfabf4d8.jpg

IMG_1540_zpse7ea8ebb.jpg

IMG_1527_zps8404d744.jpg

IMG_1526_zps154dbb84.jpg

IMG_1525_zps1d3fac57.jpg

Here is a link to see more detail photos.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/castilawkm/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Please take a look and leave any advice or critiques. Thank you for looking, check back soon for more updates!!

Female version coming soon!! By the way, if anybody has an unfold for the female torso from the official female thread please let me know so I dont waste my time doing it myself.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1603_zpsfadd6b13.jpg
    IMG_1603_zpsfadd6b13.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1573_zps9daa7425.jpg
    IMG_1573_zps9daa7425.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1570_zpscfabf4d8.jpg
    IMG_1570_zpscfabf4d8.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1525_zps1d3fac57.jpg
    IMG_1525_zps1d3fac57.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1526_zps154dbb84.jpg
    IMG_1526_zps154dbb84.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1527_zps8404d744.jpg
    IMG_1527_zps8404d744.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1540_zpse7ea8ebb.jpg
    IMG_1540_zpse7ea8ebb.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 173
Your pep work is astounding. Great work! Looks like your scaling is nearly spot on.

Here is a link to the Female files in MS7's database: http://www.4shared.com/folder/CWTig5Yl/Mk_online.html?detailView=true&sortAsc=true&sortsMode=NAME
There are a few versions there you can check out that are unfolded

Thank you very much for checking out my post!! In glad you like the work so far. Also, thank you for the link. I'll check those out as soon as I can and let you know what I think. It took me 3 tries on some pieces to get them to finally fit right. But now on to the left side!

More posts to come and female pep work to start soon! My fiancé is thrilled!

Thank you for the comment Brandon! Is there a recommended threshold you like to use or just personal preference? Also, is there a downside to the way in doing it currently? Does it just mean that I will have more work in the bindi stage but a better looking end product or what? Just curious. Thanks again for the help!

Thank you for the comment Brandon! Is there a recommended threshold you like to use or just personal preference? Also, is there a downside to the way in doing it currently? Does it just mean that I will have more work in the bindi stage but a better looking end product or what? Just curious. Thanks again for the help!

I like to set my threshold down to around 160-170 Deg using pep and 150 for foam. It results in a smoother piece and does cut down on the amount of bondo.

Question to this Demogorgon, should I remake the pieces I already have with the new threshold or just continue and change it for the new pieces. I really don't want to remake them again! Lol. Thanks again!

Looks great so far. The only feedback comment that comes to mind while looking at the photos is, gosh there really doesn't look to be much clearance between some of the pepped parts and your body. So unless you're planning on wearing lycra under the armor, how are these going to fit over clothing or undersuit? Also keep in mind that your parts will shrink during hardening so you'll want them a little on the large size when they're freshly pepped.

Question to this Demogorgon, should I remake the pieces I already have with the new threshold or just continue and change it for the new pieces. I really don't want to remake them again! Lol. Thanks again!

Anytime! It's up to you whether you want to do them again. You really don't have to, the pieces will come out the same, you'll just have to spend more time shaping the pieces you've already made (which to me isn't really a big deal ;))

Looks great so far. The only feedback comment that comes to mind while looking at the photos is, gosh there really doesn't look to be much clearance between some of the pepped parts and your body. So unless you're planning on wearing lycra under the armor, how are these going to fit over clothing or undersuit? Also keep in mind that your parts will shrink during hardening so you'll want them a little on the large size when they're freshly pepped.

I was worried about that when I first made them but I have resized all of them with this in mind. There is plenty of space in the forearm and the bicep piece is laying on my arm so it looks closer Than it really is. Being curious as I am though how much shrinkage can we expect? My plan is to use a tight motorcycle armor on top and bottom. So something form fitting.

I like to set my threshold down to around 160-170 Deg using pep and 150 for foam. It results in a smoother piece and does cut down on the amount of bondo.
If you make sure that the "major" folds are part of the edge, then you can get away with 150 deg. This is difficult and will usually require you to flip through between 170 and 150 while re-unfolding the parts. This idea works for me, but I'm strange anyway.

If you make sure that the "major" folds are part of the edge, then you can get away with 150 deg. This is difficult and will usually require you to flip through between 170 and 150 while re-unfolding the parts. This idea works for me, but I'm strange anyway.

haha the world would be a boring place without all us strange people ;)

No kidding, where would all this amazing armor and information come from.

So After talking with some people and Consideration I have decided to go with a slightly larger bicep piece that I had made earlier (this is not the one show in the pictures) and to use the larger Shin piece (this IS shown in the pictures and then to use the forearm and hand guard that are shown in the pictures but to remake the thigh piece, adding about an inch to scale so it has a little more wiggle room. There is almost no room on that piece and it doesn't go quite as high as i would like so there!! Decision made.

Updates to come!

Tiny update readers. Had to remake the Thigh and Shin piece, so small setback. but on the bright side I have also started to make the Warrior Helmet as this will be my choice in headgear for the armor!! woot woot!!
Stay tuned for pics as pieces become complete!

his and her helmets are now complete! warrior helmet for me and Standard MK VI helm for her! on to the rest of the body pieces!!

IMG_1672_zps7741b725.jpg

IMG_1671_zps9f3a68ac.jpg

IMG_1667_zpsad4f8fbc.jpg

IMG_1673_zps6b45c65d.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1673_zps6b45c65d.jpg
    IMG_1673_zps6b45c65d.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1667_zpsad4f8fbc.jpg
    IMG_1667_zpsad4f8fbc.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1671_zps9f3a68ac.jpg