Grif Enrolls at Corbulo Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJPvt Grif

I am going to attempt a cosplay+build that I have not found here, and make the uniform, and hopefully armor, of a CAMS cadet.

I say hopefully on the armor because, to the best of my knowledge, the files do not exist. I'm trying to learn to model, but so far have been quite unsuccessful. I am however working on the parts of the armor that I have found. The shoulders, knee pads, and helmet.

Got the shoulders peped
913c999c-6198-4b3f-9b4a-31e16bb1618f.jpg

Got one knee done. I don't want to do two until I see how they scale with the shins (which don't exist yet)
IMG_0189.jpg

Started on the helmet.
IMG_0213.jpg

I've also begun work making a pattern for the uniform. Hoping to have a mockup done sometime next week.

If any modelers out there would like to help, I have a bunch of reference images that I've been trying to work from and I can send those to you. I'm still looking for the chest, thighs, and shins. Any help would be massively appreciated.

In in the mean time I'll keep on working on what I have and post updates on my progress.

Attachments

• 913c999c-6198-4b3f-9b4a-31e16bb1618f.jpg
    913c999c-6198-4b3f-9b4a-31e16bb1618f.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 313
Pep work is looking great! The CAMS cadet is from the Forward Unto Dawn web series, correct?

Looking forward to see what you come up with! If you need any modeling help I will help as much as I can.

Thanks, it's definitely a learning process, but I'm enjoying it. I had to scrap the first shoulder I made. Yes, CAMS is from Forward Unto Dawn. Despite some canonical contradictions, I really enjoyed the series.

I'd love some modeling help if you have the time to spare. I'm using blender and have made some progress on the chest (I think). The hardest part will be the shins I think. If you'd like to look over the reference images I have, they're here http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/havenofimage/library/CAMS ref pics.

By the way, love your Hayabusa build.

Had a free evening and got some more work done on the helmet. The ears were way too much work considering I'm going to fill in those slots once it start detailing. Probably won't get any more done till the weekend.
1ddff4d5-ba27-41ae-94eb-fbc9d37fbc3f.jpg

I've also begun to look at Assault Rifle plans and builds. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 1ddff4d5-ba27-41ae-94eb-fbc9d37fbc3f.jpg
    1ddff4d5-ba27-41ae-94eb-fbc9d37fbc3f.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 370
Ummm.......I was looking at your pictures and the FIRST picture you have posted you have it listed as saying: "Got the shoulders pepped" when what you have in the first picture is technically the knee pieces for an ODST. Also, the second picture is technically one of the shoulder pieces from Reach. Most commonly known by the shoulders that Kat has and you said: "Got one knee done". XD I know the shoulders used in FUD look like the ODST knee pieces and look pretty similar, but there is still a slight difference. :p As for what you are using for the knee, I've never been able to get a really good look at those. XD

Just wanted to point that out to hopefully avoid any confusion. XD lol

Were you going to be modifying the finished pieces to look more like the movie?

Looks great so far love the forward unto dawn series and cant wait to see how this turns out keep us updated!!:D

Thanks, I'll do my best.

Thanks! The Gen 2 'Busa should be done really soon.

I've got some free time tonight so I'll work on the shin files.

OMG you're amazing!

Ummm.......I was looking at your pictures and the FIRST picture you have posted you have it listed as saying: "Got the shoulders pepped" when what you have in the first picture is technically the knee pieces for an ODST. Also, the second picture is technically one of the shoulder pieces from Reach. Most commonly known by the shoulders that Kat has and you said: "Got one knee done". XD I know the shoulders used in FUD look like the ODST knee pieces and look pretty similar, but there is still a slight difference. :p As for what you are using for the knee, I've never been able to get a really good look at those. XD

Just wanted to point that out to hopefully avoid any confusion. XD lol

Were you going to be modifying the finished pieces to look more like the movie?

Thanks for the heads up, but I am aware. It was MissingSpartan7 who suggested using the odst knees for the shoulder. I've marked where adjustements need to be made, but I don't want to cut off the excess until after the first coat or so of resin since there are braces that connect to the extended parts. As for the knees, they're not perfect, but they're pretty close. With a little added foam and some bondo work I think I can get them spot on.

I've almost got the shin done, got nothing going at work so I'm working on it here haha. Do you need the thighs done as well?

I've almost got the shin done, got nothing going at work so I'm working on it here haha. Do you need the thighs done as well?

If it's not a bother. The curved surfaces have been throwing me a bit. I did manage to get the chest done though!
Picture1.png.html
picture.php

I'm going to watch unfolding tutorials while I work on my helmet today. Thanks again for your help.

Finished the pep work on the helmet and better yet, it fits! It sits a little low on my head right now, but once I get some Fiberglas and foam in there I think it will be perfect. Right now the brim is open, after I get the resin done I'll cut a piece to cover the opening.
452043b0-44c8-4496-a42d-8c58683981cd.jpg

62eecab3-d3ba-46d1-bd7b-e188dd7799bc.jpg

I'm going to try to unfold my chest piece model tomorrow, and finish the pattern for the uniform jacket. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Attachments

• 62eecab3-d3ba-46d1-bd7b-e188dd7799bc.jpg
    62eecab3-d3ba-46d1-bd7b-e188dd7799bc.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 364
  • 452043b0-44c8-4496-a42d-8c58683981cd.jpg
    452043b0-44c8-4496-a42d-8c58683981cd.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 347
The helmet looks great!

I somehow managed to corrupt the shin file :mad: so I have to redo them, gahhhh.

After my first attempt at unfolding I went back to my model and almost completely redid it in order to fix the countless problems I had. But all that work payed off in the end because I now have a completed pepakura unfold!
a4a45658-a4b0-4fee-bc89-09452c70d74b.png

Probably won't get to work on it till the weekend though :/

Attachments

• a4a45658-a4b0-4fee-bc89-09452c70d74b.png
    a4a45658-a4b0-4fee-bc89-09452c70d74b.png
    71 KB · Views: 394
Update time. I've been busier than I planned so not much has gotten done, but work has begun on the mockup for the uniform. Already found a couple mistakes with the pattern, but that's why we do these.

IMG_02681.jpg

IMG_02671.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_02681.jpg
    IMG_02681.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_02671.jpg
    IMG_02671.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 354
Sorry for the lack of updates. Finals and a new summer job have been taking up a lot of time and my build has been on hold for the past month. But now that life has settled down I'm getting back to work.

Also, I need some help modeling the shin and thigh armor. If there are any modelers out there who would like to lend a hand I would be very grateful.

Got the chest finished! Need to get some foam to do the sides.

2c54a487-fb69-448f-924a-0153ff8b8a9d.jpg

My resin shipped yesterday, so I'm hoping I can start coating these next week. I still don't have shin models, so I'm going to get started on the rifle. I'm not sure what variant I want to use. In the show they use MA5C's but for the time period they should have MA5B's. I'll probably make the C though.

Attachments

• 2c54a487-fb69-448f-924a-0153ff8b8a9d.jpg
    2c54a487-fb69-448f-924a-0153ff8b8a9d.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 338
Looking really good there, your pep work is looking really nice and clean there. I'm looking forward to seeing how this project turns out. were you going to get a MOLLE vest for the torso or build from scratch?

Regards, Ross

Looking really good there, your pep work is looking really nice and clean there. I'm looking forward to seeing how this project turns out. were you going to get a MOLLE vest for the torso or build from scratch?

Regards, Ross
Thank you! I have a MOLLE plate carrier similar to the ones used in the show being shipped right now. I'll post pictures once I get it.

Thanks to the help from the talented (seriously, go check out his stuff, it’s amazing), I have a model for the shin armor. Started peping today and got the top of one done. This is my second attempt as I was dumb and forgot to scale the model and my first go was way too big. This one should fit much better.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

Also, my resin supplies arrived today! Assuming I can finish the shin armor this week, I should be able to start resining over the weekend when I’ll have plenty of time. Wish me luck.

Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I will be halting work on the uniform jacket and instead will just wear the work dress t-shirt beneath the armor. I intend to finish the top eventually, just not right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 335
The shin is coming along very well. I should noticed the typo for the scale. It should have been 325 high not 425 xD, sorry about that. Hopefully the shin fits properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back