Halo 4 Multiplayer Build: Will I finish this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheiner

Hey! Long time no post. Seriously. My suit has changed so much, I just decided to not put my update on my old thread but rather create a whole new one. I'll probably be able to update this easier (new iPod, Tapatalk, etc.) But without further ado, here is the most recent photos!

I wanted to extend this chestpiece upwards, make it less "female armorish."
4ymyny6y.jpg

I did a complete overhaul on the back/shoulders, and those are now on standby for details:
uta6u6yp.jpg

I'm tempted to use a Morphsuit for the undersuit. It really defines ones shape and the Halo 4 Spartans definitely have shape (lol). Also worth noting, I'm currently (like today, currently) redoing the legs:
udeqe6yg.jpg

And here's the current state of the suit:
9uqubyqe.jpg

Let me know how you like it, and if you have any comments/questions, feel free to reply!

Attachments

• 4ymyny6y.jpg
    4ymyny6y.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 185
  • uta6u6yp.jpg
    uta6u6yp.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 174
  • udeqe6yg.jpg
    udeqe6yg.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 9uqubyqe.jpg
    9uqubyqe.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 188
Those extra pieces expanding the chest really look good. It definitely adds masculinity and bulkiness.

Those extra pieces expanding the chest really look good. It definitely adds masculinity and bulkiness.

Thanks, I thought so too. I really wanted to extend the chest somehow, and I really made the right choice!

UPDATE:

I found a picture of my new shoulder pieces (Oceanic) when they were being built:

e7ere8ar.jpg

I actually really like these more than the Warrior ones I had before. To me they look better. I'll just save the Warrior ones for a future build :D

Comparison of Old vs New:

7y5ume9a.jpg

And now, of course, an ACTUAL update.

Today I was able to get some more hot glue, so now I'm putting together new shins. The shins I'm making are not in the final cut of Halo 4 to my knowledge, and are just a concept (as me and my 405th brethren discovered), but that's not stopping me from actually building them.

e8e9yjad.jpg

Look pretty sweet right? I cut out the shapes and am hopefully going to assemble tonight.
e5y7yvy4.jpg

Wish me luck, and until next time!

Attachments

• e8e9yjad.jpg
    e8e9yjad.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 7y5ume9a.jpg
    7y5ume9a.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 183
  • e7ere8ar.jpg
    e7ere8ar.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 184
  • e5y7yvy4.jpg
    e5y7yvy4.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 183
So I worked on the shins, and boy, I've got some work ahead of me:

uqu9ajuh.jpg

They're really rough looking, the front design is too low, and I have a long way to go before I get them looking acceptable in the least.

I'm adding to the back so I cut it down the middle so I could slip it on my shin to see how it would look:

hyre9yze.jpg

It isn't entirely bad, but it's not good either. I'll have to whip out the sanding drum and heat gun, and cut some more pieces to extend it. Thankfully I only worked on the one tonight, otherwise I would have had a HUGE problem on my hands.

Stay classy guys, and until tomorrow!

Attachments

• hyre9yze.jpg
    hyre9yze.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 173
  • uqu9ajuh.jpg
    uqu9ajuh.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 173
Probably won't be posting an update for a few days, ended up getting stressed about the shins and burned myself out!

I'm going to take a day or two break and really rethink things. I already know I'm going to put these shins aside for my skinnier friend's suit (he's not as built as I am) and start from templates for the legs. I'm thinking Contoured :p

Another issue is that it's been a while (year and a half exactly) since I used templates for foam, so if anyone has any tips, secrets, or techniques they care to share, please do! It'll help me out a bunch.

Stay classy, 405th!

Hey man, everything is looking great! I wouldn't get stressed over the shins too much. It can be difficult scratch building. For the front shin part, instead of carving away to get the bevel, cut out three strips. Cut them out with the blade at an angle so when you glue them together you get the proper shape.

\/ \/ \/ <-- like that and when you glue them you'll get the right shape for the front.
bottom

Printed off some RG-63 counter thigh templates, and this is what resulted. Very satisfied!
3eveve3y.jpg

my7yguda.jpg

Now I have to cut and adjust this strap to fit snugly around my leg. My thighs aren't the most beefy, so I'll have to make accommodations:

eza2aveg.jpg

So I have to finish the right thigh (it's stenciled in foam as we speak) and then detail these things! Getting closer and closer!

Until next time, 405th!

Attachments

• 3eveve3y.jpg
    3eveve3y.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 169
  • my7yguda.jpg
    my7yguda.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 185
  • eza2aveg.jpg
    eza2aveg.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 177
The thigh came out very nicely! I also forgot to mention you can use a dremel with a sanding drum to create beveled edges if cutting them with the knife is too difficult, or to clean up the knife cuts. I saw in a video if you take a sanding drum and run it on concrete for a bit to smooth it out, it actually sands the foam down extremely smooth, kind of like heat buffing I guess haha. If there are any cut lines in the design, thin recessed details, use a ruler and take your xacto knife and cut the line, don't go all the way through, just a 1/16", and then run a heat gun over the cut for a little bit. You'll notice the line open up a little bit and it looks really nice and clean. try it on a scrap piece of foam first though so you know what to do haha. I saw it on another thread but don't remember which thread it was :/

That's another great tip! I'll keep it in mind. I'm going to be updating soon, just gotta get my King of Red Lions built for my physics class :p

Well built so far man!! Your Spartan is coming a lot great! I was wondering, that Warrior helmet of yours, was it hand made or a cast?? if you've got some spare time on your hands, do check out my very own halo 4 spartan build. Who know? you might learn a thing or two :p

Well built so far man!! Your Spartan is coming a lot great! I was wondering, that Warrior helmet of yours, was it hand made or a cast?? if you've got some spare time on your hands, do check out my very own halo 4 spartan build. Who know? you might learn a thing or two :p

Thank you! The Warrior helmet is hand made, and is the 2nd best helmet I've made (the best being this Enclave helmet from Fallout 3.)

9ubegy4a.jpg

ynu8eha4.jpg

2ese4aqy.jpg

I'll definitely have to check out your armor as well!

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

I'm busy with a school project right now (if I didn't mention that before) so I'll try my best to get an update up when I can. I'll still be answering questions and comments, however, so ask away!

Attachments

• 9ubegy4a.jpg
    9ubegy4a.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 176
  • ynu8eha4.jpg
    ynu8eha4.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 2ese4aqy.jpg
    2ese4aqy.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 178
Finally was able to update! Like they say, life has it's unexpected wonders.

I'm taking a lot of inspiration from Impact Props' Halo 4 suits, as their work is fueling me through this. I was really impressed by Brad and the crew's method of the sides of the suit, and went about doing so with mine:

ytedavy2.jpg

te4a6y8u.jpg

It fits on me decently well, all except my side straps are at a diagonal. The top of them are leaning out, causing my overall shape to be extremely bulky. The bottoms are angled inward, and continue to make it a lot tighter of a fit than it should be. I'll be cutting out the old front halves of the chest and redoing them.

Test fit picture:

mu8ymymu.jpg

And until next time!!

Attachments

• ytedavy2.jpg
    ytedavy2.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 176
  • te4a6y8u.jpg
    te4a6y8u.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 169
  • mu8ymymu.jpg
    mu8ymymu.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 184
Finally was able to update! Like they say, life has it's unexpected wonders.

I'm taking a lot of inspiration from Impact Props' Halo 4 suits, as their work is fueling me through this. I was really impressed by Brad and the crew's method of the sides of the suit, and went about doing so with mine:

ytedavy2.jpg

te4a6y8u.jpg

It fits on me decently well, all except my side straps are at a diagonal. The top of them are leaning out, causing my overall shape to be extremely bulky. The bottoms are angled inward, and continue to make it a lot tighter of a fit than it should be. I'll be cutting out the old front halves of the chest and redoing them.

Test fit picture:

mu8ymymu.jpg

And until next time!!
That looks awesome! Where did you find the mesh material? I'd love to use it as well but can't seem to find a good mesh.

Attachments

• mu8ymymu.jpg
    mu8ymymu.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 199
  • te4a6y8u.jpg
    te4a6y8u.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 169
  • ytedavy2.jpg
    ytedavy2.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 184
That looks awesome! Where did you find the mesh material? I'd love to use it as well but can't seem to find a good mesh.

The mesh is a drawstring swim bag :p I found it in a mending pile around my home and decided to put it to a different use. If I were you, I'd take a look at some thrift stores, like Goodwill or Salvation Army. They'll have them for cheap, and you won't be bothered with cutting them up xD

Not too much work done this week, but I planned and began my next Spartan:

8ezygeda.jpg

I started with the hands, and I'm getting those all set up.

yvury7ym.jpg

Until next time!

Attachments

• 8ezygeda.jpg
    8ezygeda.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 171
  • yvury7ym.jpg
    yvury7ym.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 162
Small update on the second spartan - nearly finished hands!

uherypap.jpg

Until next time!

Attachments

• uherypap.jpg
    uherypap.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 175
So I never quite explained why I was making Spartan #2 before Spartan #1 was done. The main basis of it is so I can have all pieces I need when I paint and stuff, so they'll all get finished at the same time. I do work on ol' red from time to time, but for now the majority of my energy is being spent on the white spartan.

Speaking of which, I have an update! I've 97% finished the Oceanic chest (I believe it's the first Oceanic chest made?) and I have to add some more details and sand the edges with the dremel:

rajanyge.jpg

And realized my LED lamp really brings out the edge mistakes:

a4yzuju6.jpg

And I am nearly done with the back, just a few details I need to finish up:

banu7u8e.jpg

So that's it for now, keep on building, and don't hesitate to comment or question!

Attachments

• rajanyge.jpg
    rajanyge.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 160
  • banu7u8e.jpg
    banu7u8e.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 185
  • a4yzuju6.jpg
    a4yzuju6.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 176
very nice job on the Oceanic chest piece! sorry to rain on your parade but Doc Dailey is one of the first to show of his foam oceanic chest piece. Anywayy keep it coming!

Perfectly fine, thank you though! I thought Doc only did the Oceanic helmet with a Wetwork chest, maybe I'll have to go take a look at his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back