Status
Not open for further replies.

Russett

Shared Files

Download - H1&H3 Bungie Rocket Launcher - Unfold by FlyingSpartan
Download - Rocket Launcher FP - Original Bungie .OBJ file
Download - Ben Aerens Halo 3 SPNKr M41 SSR AV/AW
Download - SPNKr Stencils

Note: I take no credit for this model in any way, shape, or form. It was a direct rip from Halo PC created by Bungie
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! I thought i would make a mini build thread as a spin-off of my Flying Spartans Multiplayer Mark VI WIP thread, as i will not be posting progress of the weapon there.
Because I figured it would be appropriate to put it here for people who use search for a specific build.

So i started off by spending last night ripping the file from the game and unfolding it in Pepakura
If anyone is interested, i have posted a download link for the file at the top of the page

BungieRocketLauncher.png

Note: I take no credit for this model in any way, shape, or form. It was a direct rip from Halo PC created by Bungie

I will be using mixed methods throughout this build, Not all parts will be fiberglass. Specifically the tubes

BungieRocketLauncher.png

Last edited by a moderator:
you could always use percal's can's for the tube it's what I did with mine and it's still looking good.

Took a look at the model. To me it need some work. going to start fixing some mesh work in the morning. If you want a better one than it is, its up to you be fore I start. getting bored with other things right now.

Oh of course! By all means go ahead and do whatever you want to the file!
I made a test print last night and some parts in it do need some editing

And if anyone else is working on this, please feel free to post your progress here!
Different ideas help everyone out!
Any other tips, comments, and suggestions are always appreciated :)

If anyone would like the raw .obj file for this model i can post it at the top of the page upon request
(or any other model from Halo PC for that matter)

Finished with the mesh work. Made it in 8 parts for easy assembly. If there is any problems in the model, do tell.

Not-unfolded
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZsCQTNGZce/H1H3_Bungie_Rocket_Launcher.html

Hmm, ive downloaded a couple times and tried to open it, but pepakura crashes every time i try to open it :/ something wrong with the file?
I've uploaded the original .OBJ file and posted it on the top of the page, maybe try playing around with it? i donno lol.

well if anyone can cut it down to five it would be really easy to assemble.

I have posted a download on the top of the page of a 2 part model i found by Ben Aerens, its a very nice model and looks easier to put together if you're interested.

Update 1

I have put together the models that came from the file, it pretty much did come to 8 parts excluding the 2 tubes, the band, handle, and bar. Had to make custom tabs on some parts to put together. So far a little under 24 hours went into it. some parts will be hardened tonight, and other parts will probably be cut up for templates for a more rigid material such as wood. My goal is making this as light as possible so i don't know if wood is in the question or not.
Pretty picture <3 and more soon!

BungieRocket1.jpg

BungieRocket1.jpg

I'll poke the file with a pointy stick tomorrow night. I'm in con prep mode for next weekend at Animazment in Raleigh, NC. Plus I have a pool to get ready for this weekend.

Okay, sweet :) Hey! everyone, I have added some stencils to the Shared Files at the top of the page!

Update 2

Hey everyone, got the just of how this thing goes together. Finally got this one done! I plan on building a second one with moving parts
and will go a bit deeper into the construction and progress. This one is basically built so i can run around with it, fire hobby rockets/ fireworks and not worry too much about accidentally dropping it. Lets say we were shooting a film and decided to have a scene of a melee attack, jumping around with it, or someone tossing it to someone else, i would definatley not want a "show-gun" to go through that kind of abuse. Anyway i finished it a couple days ago, but i have been busy with moving and life in particular.
Well, here's a pretty picture ^3^ Found a nice spot on the wall!
More soon!

IMG_2225.jpg

I will upload more pictures soon, this was the only one i had available at the moment

IMG_2225.jpg

Hey all! been busy a while with a few other projects. Haven't stopped the construction of the new one, the model is printed and ready to be glued together!
Anyway to keep you and me motivated, here's a couple shots I uploaded on Facebook yesterday :) enjoy

BungieRockettest2.jpg
BungieRockettest.jpg

Attachments

• BungieRockettest.jpg
    BungieRockettest.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 235
  • BungieRockettest2.jpg
    BungieRockettest2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 246
May i add that this is actually how it looks when it fires. No Photoshop, only used an Instagram filter to darken the edges and saturate the color a bit.
I will have a video up soon, just way to busy with work and commissioned projects.

OoOoOoOoOoO......that is a lovely rocket launcher. And I love that you made it actually fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back