Props Boltshot - Z-110 Directed Energy Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serin

Howdy,

Thought I'd start a progress thread on the Halo 4 boltshot I'm currently printing.
The idea is to create a system that allows for the design to easily disassemble into it's constituent parts as per the games mechanics.
I shall be integrating Neodymium magnets into the design after the prototype is finished.

Another advantage of this design is that it should allow for relatively easy moulding when the final version is completed.
This platform, if successful, will serve as a basis for constructing the Light Rifle in the same manner.

And without further ado, pictures.

Sl3isUA.jpg

iUK3KRQ.jpg

z7L9LKH.jpg

And just in case you wanted to never look at the boltshot the same way.....
r2zyaBx.jpg

Attachments

• Sl3isUA.jpg
    Sl3isUA.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,332
  • iUK3KRQ.jpg
    iUK3KRQ.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 432
  • z7L9LKH.jpg
    z7L9LKH.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 244
  • r2zyaBx.jpg
    r2zyaBx.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 243
This looks pretty neat. I got a question if it is okay with you, where did you get your 3d printer and what model is it?

This looks pretty neat. I got a question if it is okay with you, where did you get your 3d printer and what model is it?

Yo!
The printer this was made on was a Solidoodle 2.
Not something I can recommend unless you're really into repairing and replacing dud parts :p

Yep. I need one of these, now. This is pretty amazing stuff.

Are there any plans to make casts of these down the road?

Very sweet, would you mind posting the files for the single pieces? just in case I get my hands on a 3d printer anytime. :D

How did that Leo DiCaprio saying go? You had my curiosity. Now you have my attention!
Howdy,

Thought I'd start a progress thread on the Halo 4 boltshot I'm currently printing.
The idea is to create a system that allows for the design to easily disassemble into it's constituent parts as per the games mechanics.
I shall be integrating Neodymium magnets into the design after the prototype is finished.

Another advantage of this design is that it should allow for relatively easy moulding when the final version is completed.
This platform, if successful, will serve as a basis for constructing the Light Rifle in the same manner.

And without further ado, pictures.

Sl3isUA.jpg

iUK3KRQ.jpg

z7L9LKH.jpg

And just in case you wanted to never look at the boltshot the same way.....
r2zyaBx.jpg

Attachments

• r2zyaBx.jpg
    r2zyaBx.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 199
  • z7L9LKH.jpg
    z7L9LKH.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 248
  • iUK3KRQ.jpg
    iUK3KRQ.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Sl3isUA.jpg
    Sl3isUA.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 277
Yep. I need one of these, now. This is pretty amazing stuff.

Are there any plans to make casts of these down the road?

Danke!
Yup that's the plan, I'm using this technique to prototype for a Light Rifle done in similar style so moulding and casting this will be good practice I believe.

Very sweet, would you mind posting the files for the single pieces? just in case I get my hands on a 3d printer anytime. :D

Unfortunately I'm not sharing these files freely until I've both tested it and sold a few to cover the costs, though the game-data is floating around the forum and can be (relatively) easily modified for printing use.
That said, in case you weren't aware, I've got a bunch of Halo stuff already up on Thingiverse for download if you want some of the other stuff.

Cold as hell down here in Melbourne... Had to resort to throwing a box over the printer to keep the heat in.
Fun fact: ABS plastic is originally an injection moulding polymer and thus requires fairly high ambient temperatures so as to not generate inconsistent plastic temps, so as a result of the stupidly cold weather my prints are being a little bit cracky and fail-ish.

Progress.
Pretty pleased with the fit so far, although I'm quite sure I'll have to reprint it all once my Ord Bot Hadron is working for better quality parts and fit.
oN9kMmM.jpg

Attachments

• oN9kMmM.jpg
    oN9kMmM.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 201
Now you just need to find a way to make it "cool down" by expanding and making the pieces hover apart from one another ;) I like it! Great job so far!

Now you just need to find a way to make it "cool down" by expanding and making the pieces hover apart from one another ;) I like it! Great job so far!

Hmmm, I think I'd need some of that tasty Forerunner physics so as to defy gravity.
I'll look into it :p

I'll be getting back to making this as soon as I've got my new printer finished, it may take a week or two.

So if you aren't realeasing the 3d files yet. what is your thingiverse profile. i'm interested in what you have up that i can print.

edit never mind:p

serin117,
I think i bothered you on there for more 3d printable armor pieces once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back