Hello all! I've been having some issues getting to 405th from my home network (guess we're still having problems with IPs being blocked) so these posts will be sporadic as I get access when I can. Moving on...
Last winter I received an ODST kit from Sean Bradely. Due to winter and other projects, I wasn't able to start working on it until a couple months ago. I've had this character idea in my head for a very long time, and decided to just go for it and see if I can make it happen. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm making progress and feedback\encouragement are much appreciated to help me keep focused.
Here are some progress pics;
Cleanup and primer
A few coats of gloss black
Rough draft at eyes and teeth (This changed several times as I worked on it. I must have done 10 different versions of the eyes until I was happy.)
Switched to red visor
I decided to go with a red visor to make Venom's mouth more obvious.
Eyes finalized, teeth still WIP
I finally settled on the eyes and cut out a template on some sticker paper. Sometimes, I feel like I can visualize what I want in my head, but sometimes, until I actually put something in front of me to make it "real", I have trouble bridging that gap from concept to proof.
I'm very happy with the eyes, and would say I'm ready to do final painting on them. The teeth on the other hand I need to re-work. Putting the sticker templates on it really helped me see how it looks, and I think they should be bigger and more spaced out. Once the teeth are settled, I am planning to paint a pink gumline to make the mouth pop even more.
Visibility through the visor is adequate, and the teeth do not obstruct my vision much at all.
Still mulling over how I might make a tongue work...
Thanks for reading and if anyone has any feed back I'm very open to it.