Halo 4 Hayabusa suit- Finished!

Subscribe

Halo 4 Hayabusa suit- Finished!

Boy, haven't posted in a while.

TheBradinator and I have been working on a ton of stuff lately, something finished rather recently was our Halo 4 Hayabusa concept suit. It's a multiplayer version so it isn't everything you see in the 343i model above. It's kind of a Busa/Rogue mesh.

Anyway, build pics!

Brad worked on cranking out a custom pep and hardening of the lid before handing it off to me. It's a low def file so the details could be added later.

Went with Smooth cast 300 for sealing and hardening instead of fiberglass resin, and the details were all achieved with bondo, 2 mm foamies, and apoxie putty. All the basic body work was done first before adding details. Filler primer was huge in this step for getting a super smooth surface.

I went ahead and molded the lid using rebound 25 and free form air from smooth on. While this was curing I started work on the body.

First part- shoulders!

These were all scratch built using the reference photos at the top. I started by cutting out each layer, then heat bending it and hot gluing the parts together.

I also sculpted out some hand plates and molded them!

And here's the first cast out of the mold! This was cast in smooth cast 300.

Unfortunately my provider ran out of normal grey EVA foam so I had to use dumb looking colored foam. These are the forearms mid construction.

The chest was fabricated by Brad using EVA foam.

Here's where it gets a bit blurry. I neglected to take photos of the thigh and shin progress since I had 4 days to build the whole suit (minus the helmet prototype and chest) so here are the parts kinda plastidipped.

And I should mention most of this suit was built in this tiny corner...

But five straight days of work paid off! I painted the suit up using duplicolor gunmetal metallic and garnet red metallic and called it done.

I probably skipped a whole bunch of stuff posting this, so if you've got any questions, ask away! Thanks for reading!

You guys did an amazing job as always! Now to get back to my 'Busa build xD.

Great job! The helmet turned out beautifully and I greatly enjoy your color choice, I might have to corner you at a con and force you to take pictures wearing my Locus. Lol

Looks wicked man!
    The armour looks badass

Totally digging the rogue chest... Its made out of foam right?
    Was it scratch built, or did you use a file?

That is Awesome! Is there a Pep File for the helmet by any chance for download?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    I'm not sure if they released their helmet file.

This is my helmet file - http://www.4shared.com/file/1NhoBJ0X...sa_Helmet.html

Wow! That looks amazing. Excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Underdog5 View Post
    Looks wicked man!
    The armour looks badass

Totally digging the rogue chest... Its made out of foam right?
    Was it scratch built, or did you use a file?
    Yes! It's made of foam and it was all scratch built.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    Ours isn't available at the moment but Demogorgon has one up!

Here's a better shot showing the rest of the suit!

O.M.G.... thats mazing :-)