Cardboard Halo 5:Guardians Helmet Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

averysmallhorse

So, I assume all of you, by now, have seen the H5G multiplayer beta trailer. If you haven't, look it up, because it's pretty cool. Anyway, I decided to cash in early on the hype train, and make, by what quick glimpses we've seen in the trailer, make those helmets from cardboard. I plan to fiberglass and bondo it and right now it doesn't have a ton of detail because, well, we don't even have any graphical renders from the game. So here it is, and you can also see part of my "making of" video on my channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an update.
It has been a while, but I decided to mount the beast again and make some progress on this. I used http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30783-Tutorial-Wood-Glue-Pepakura-Method this tutorial and started to "resin" the helmet with wood glue. This is from a live stream I did, but you can skip forward to random parts in it to find my progress. I will be doing several coats, and then hopefully have some fiberglass to finish it with. This was the first time I had ever done this before. And it will eventually be the first time I had ever Bondoed before. Anyway, comment to give me some suggestions on it, they're much appreciated, as a noob, I need all the help I can get. I love you all.

So I started fiberglassing today...
Not much to say about that besides I used fiberglass cloth and woodglue. I still am not able to get resin, so hopefully wood glue will work.

If you have any suggestions or tips, leave them in the video, or on this thread.

I finished my fiberglassing today and I am ready for bondo, I'm learning as I go so if you have any tips then I would be very happy to hear them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back