J!NX's Commander Sarah Palmer Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since you've finished up the helm, could you do me a favor? I would really appreciate a quick shot of you wearing the helm, so that I can gauge proportions on a real human. I've made a pep of the scout forearm (Crimmson's file) and the proportions seem fairly strange on me.

I think it may just be that the scout model that the file was based on was made for a muscular male figure and not a more slender female one.

If I get that picture I will go ahead and scale and print the helmet so we can start comparing methods.

oooo so many good looking helmets :)
i dig the shoulder too, good work
All of your stuff is awesome!
looks sweet so far

Thanks guys!

Well, since you've finished up the helm, could you do me a favor? I would really appreciate a quick shot of you wearing the helm, so that I can gauge proportions on a real human. I've made a pep of the scout forearm (Crimmson's file) and the proportions seem fairly strange on me.

I think it may just be that the scout model that the file was based on was made for a muscular male figure and not a more slender female one.

If I get that picture I will go ahead and scale and print the helmet so we can start comparing methods.
GeekGuardianDee Yeah no worries, I took front and side pictures, my helmet is a teeny tiny bit too small, like it probably could have been 3mm bigger all round but thats mostly because of the thickness of the foam, you shouldn't have any issues. (Once more they open up larger when clicked)
View attachment 1520
View attachment 1521

I'm pretty sure all the asset rips and pep files out there are from the Male game models so they will probably fit a bit weirdly on us women or even thinner men. I'll finish off the shoulders and start the forearms so we can compare that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took front and side pictures, my helmet is a teeny tiny bit too small, like it probably could have been 3mm bigger all round but thats mostly because of the thickness of the foam, you shouldn't have any issues. (Once more they open up larger when clicked)
View attachment 1520
View attachment 1521

These attachments aren't working for me either, I thought it might have been Tapatalk, but now I'm on a PC and it still isn't working.

I'm pretty sure all the asset rips and pep files out there are from the Male game models so they will probably fit a bit weirdly on us women or even thinner men. I'll finish off the shoulders and start the forearms so we can compare that as well.

I am going to dive into the asset pack from HALO 4 again and see if there is a palmer somewhere. Who knows, maybe if I find something one of the 3D modellers here, like Crimmson, will take pity on us and clean up the models for pepping.

These attachments aren't working for me either, I thought it might have been Tapatalk, but now I'm on a PC and it still isn't working.

I am going to dive into the asset pack from HALO 4 again and see if there is a palmer somewhere. Who knows, maybe if I find something one of the 3D modellers here, like @Crimmson, will take pity on us and clean up the models for pepping.

I believe I saw a post from Arcanine that she would make available the female armor. I tried but when I ripped them the armor got skewed.

edit: from three days ago

A quick update: I'm finally getting around to working on the FEMALE H4 assets. I thank you for your kind patience with my working with these files, and I'll be certain to keep this thread with information as it becomes available.

EDIT: 29072014

- ALL FEMALE FILES EXTRACTED, NAMED
- Files need to be rotated 90deg to be displayed upright

All told, for a day's work, not bad. Though, doing this reminded me why I don't like doing mass extracts. I should have at least some of the files ready for upload tomorrow.

I believe I saw a post from Arcanine that she would make available the female armor. I tried but when I ripped them the armor got skewed.

She did, and is, and shall be uploading said files tonight. I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

you are the best as usual Arcanine.

I second this, absolutely! Many gleeful thanks for putting the work into making these available to us @Arcanine.

Now, I just wonder of Crimmson will be able to clean up some of the Palmer pieces while taking a break from the sniper... Just sayin' ;).

you are the best as usual Arcanine.

Thank me when I'm done. As you'll read below:

I second this, absolutely! Many gleeful thanks for putting the work into making these available to us @Arcanine..

They're going up now. Keep an eye on the Halo 4 OBJ section of the File Archive. I'm not going in any priority other than alphabetical, so it may be a few packs before I get the full Palmer set up and online - the File Archive only allows for ten files per Pack.

EDIT: and they're all up. Enjoy, Spartan.

Yep, there is quite a difference in the modelling. The Inner Plated forearm piece is much more slender than the male version.

Thanks again @Arcanine.

I need sarah palmer files in foam can help me please is for my wife please please

Wrong place to ask. If you're in need of any files, your first place to look should always be the File Archive - if you can't find what you're looking for, then either message a Librarian (myself or Rundown) for files, or post a question to the forums.

Also - please check the date of the last post before hitting the respond button. This thread's been inactive for six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back