Halo 4 Helmet - So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom117

Jr Member
I finally managed to scaled the helmet model correctly and get a size appropriate for my head. Here is the progress so far, i feel like it could be better... Am i going wrong somewhere? like scoring/cutting

rBx8R1e.png

The helmet ive chosen has small parts, Is there a HD version that doesnt use so small parts?

Attachments

• rBx8R1e.png
    rBx8R1e.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
Your pep work looks good so far. Keep it up. :)

As for the HD issue, that's what HD is.......it's going to have small parts because it's more of a high def version which means there is much more detail. If you don't like the detail, you will want a low def version and you will then need to add the small, extra detail yourself. If you don't really mind working with the small pieces, then just stick to what you have and you will have a more detailed helmet in the end. :)

Your pep work looks good so far. Keep it up. :)

As for the HD issue, that's what HD is.......it's going to have small parts because it's more of a high def version which means there is much more detail. If you don't like the detail, you will want a low def version and you will then need to add the small, extra detail yourself. If you don't really mind working with the small pieces, then just stick to what you have and you will have a more detailed helmet in the end. :)

True but id hate to get to the end of the build and be disapointed with the result. i guess its all practise and practise makes perfect ( so they say ) ill keep at it and if i dont like it i can always restart!

if i may, what helmet are you doing?

its looks like the lower back of the MkVII helmet

It is the Mk VII :) from here (H4 Helmet v2

Well, all you can really do is practice. :) Just follow through with what you are doing and see what happens. They normally say that your first time isn't going to be 100% the best. As you keep working and trying out new things, testing new methods and discovering what works for YOU, then you will start to get better as you learn new things. ;)

Dude you are doing just fine... So long as the helmet doesn't seriously warp nearly any defect can be cured with the right knowledge of bondo ;)

I've decided to put the helmet build on hold while I get some practise by creating some of the weapons! ill post about it later on if anyones interested in seeing how i got/get on with em :)

Just thought I'd comment that there is a standard definition helmet at the bottom of the list you linked on 4shared. It's not as tedious as the hd version and is still pretty detailed. Also has add-ins to get more detail if you want to use foam or do it via bondo. It will be the helm I do next I think, the hd version is just too much for me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back