MJOLNIR MK:V[B]: Sierra One Two Niner - Foam/Pepakura (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it up looking good. Can't wait to see the ghost though.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

10577132_761459483917381_3533961709054394317_n.jpg

There we go, Ghost. I'll strengthen him when I strengthen the helmet.... that I still need to finish pepping...

I"m thinking just build all the pepakura parts now, so then I can just strengthen all of them in the same day? So that means my ODST shoulder and Collar next...

but I feel like I should at least have the core chestplate built before I build the collar.

I"m thinking just build all the pepakura parts now, so then I can just strengthen all of them in the same day? So that means my ODST shoulder and Collar next...

Well, I would say that as long as wherever you store your pep models isn't humid at all, you should be fine waiting, but I would at least add some internal supports to the model so that they don't have to sit around fighting gravity while they wait on you to finish your other pieces.

It's always best to do what you can to avoid warping and sagging.

Also, based on finishing the ghost in paper, does it appear as though it might be possible to make it in a way that it would be collapsible?

10533325_762236047173058_4353084331995247188_n.jpg

I still need to do the bill and the attachment that goes on top, but I couldn't really find a decent file for them... so I figured. Harden this guy, then try to fit the bill from the MKVI onto it, and freehand the other piece.

I'm currently swamped at work, I'm not sure if there is a file for the bill extension, but I can get you a model of the Mk5B helmet with the attachment added.
Feel free to pester me about it until I have the time to actually get it to you.
Otherwise, Arcanine might be uploading all of the helmet attachments from Reach anyways, I'm not sure.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....325_762236047173058_4353084331995247188_n.jpg

I still need to do the bill and the attachment that goes on top, but I couldn't really find a decent file for them... so I figured. Harden this guy, then try to fit the bill from the MKVI onto it, and freehand the other piece.

I'm currently swamped at work, I'm not sure if there is a file for the bill extension, but I can get you a model of the Mk5B helmet with the attachment added.
Feel free to pester me about it until I have the time to actually get it to you.
Otherwise, Arcanine might be uploading all of the helmet attachments from Reach anyways, I'm not sure.

Yep. All the helmet add-ons are online and available for you to download and enjoy. That said, I'm reasonably certain there's a file corresponding to the one you're using - if not, I'd be more than happy to take the Mk V game assets and make them compatible while you're working on other things. Shoot me a PM if you need anything, I'll make sure you get it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd...._=1413412453_b830af58d39e7cb15a79ccc4bc8e58df

There we go, Ghost. I'll strengthen him when I strengthen the helmet.... that I still need to finish pepping...

but I feel like I should at least have the core chestplate built before I build the collar.

Awesome work on your build so far! Just a quick question though, but where did you find the pep file for the Ghost? I'm working on a Destiny build and wanted to add a Ghost to my arsenal, but I couldn't find the pep file anywhere, so I was left thinking that I'd have to make it out of foam.

Nice work so far, and I really want to see how it ends up!
-goboy3133

Yep. All the helmet add-ons are online and available for you to download and enjoy. That said, I'm reasonably certain there's a file corresponding to the one you're using - if not, I'd be more than happy to take the Mk V game assets and make them compatible while you're working on other things. Shoot me a PM if you need anything, I'll make sure you get it.

Are they the ones in the database? I can only find the one for the, addon on the top, not the Mk IV/style bill or the camera addon thing.

Just a quick question though, but where did you find the pep file for the Ghost?

somewhere in the 3D modeling fourm.

whelp, with the help of Arcanine, I spent my day working on the helmet. originally I was going to glass each peice then put it together, but after building it I realized I have to kinda force the pieces to fit together.

16298_763122233751106_7969090505172544100_n.jpg

now to work for the next three days solid....

I was going to glass each peice then put it together, but after building it I realized I have to kinda force the pieces to fit together

Nothing wrong with trimming your pieces a little to give them a more comfortable fit - remember, the UA pieces I gave you weren't originally intended for the base file you're using, so a little modification to get them fitting might be expected. That said, you're going to need to do some trimming anyway, since the thickness of your bondo on the base helmet will throw things out slightly more. Take maybe a millimetre or two from all internal edges and you -should- have a nice, clean fit.

Failing that, if you're desperate, I can always tinker with it in Blender.

That said, you're going to need to do some trimming anyway, since the thickness of your bondo on the base helmet will throw things out slightly more. Take maybe a millimetre or two from all internal edges and you -should- have a nice, clean fit.

I actually don't use bondo on the outside of the helmet, I kinda use the 'lazy man's' process my friend showed me to strengthen the pep file, the results is still pretty durable, my Palmer helmet has taken a beating and no damages yet.

I actually don't use bondo on the outside of the helmet, I kinda use the 'lazy man's' process my friend showed me to strengthen the pep file, the results is still pretty durable, my Palmer helmet has taken a beating and no damages yet.

If you don't use bondo, then how do you round out the curves that are meant to be curved?
You know... like the upper dome of the head, it is supposed to be smooth rather than segmented into sections across the top.

If you don't use bondo, then how do you round out the curves that are meant to be curved?
You know... like the upper dome of the head, it is supposed to be smooth rather than segmented into sections across the top.

lot's of sanding?

The way I do it with my friends is that we slush rondo or smoothcast around on the inside of the helmet, layer it up with sandable primer and spot/glaze putty on the outside and just sand it down smooth. We don't use it for contest entries or anything of the sort, we wear our suits most for fundraisers and local comic cons.

So it's not perfect, but it's still impressive to the eye who doesn't know anything about this form of costuming.

Ha! To be honest, even though I know a lot about the fiberglass/resin/bondo/rondo methods, in your pictures I can't tell that you do anything differently. I guess it might be something you'd have to see in person.

Your armor definitely looks good in the pics!

Wow, trying to find my thread after a week was... impressive...

anyway, update? no update. been working every day for the last week, and that I've also flipped my costuming plan around slightly, placing Blake Belladonna from RT's RWBY ahead of 129er. She should just be a short project since my roomate is doing the bulk of the work and I'm just making the prop. aha.

but anyway, I'm borrowing my friend's scroll saw and whatnot tomorrow so that should be less damaged to my bad shoulder.

Will we be seeing the Belladonna on here or is there somewhere else we can see the progress on that one? She's easily my favorite RWBY character.

Wow, trying to find my thread after a week was... impressive...

anyway, update? no update. been working every day for the last week, and that I've also flipped my costuming plan around slightly, placing Blake Belladonna from RT's RWBY ahead of 129er. She should just be a short project since my roomate is doing the bulk of the work and I'm just making the prop. aha.

but anyway, I'm borrowing my friend's scroll saw and whatnot tomorrow so that should be less damaged to my bad shoulder.

Waiting for update pics! I love the MarkV helmet. I still need to get the motivation to finish peping my recon helmet.

Will we be seeing the Belladonna on here or is there somewhere else we can see the progress on that one? She's easily my favorite RWBY character.

I can just cross-post progress from my FB page here, no need to make a new one just for progress on the Gambol Shroud. I got a whole RWBY group and I'm in charge of all the weapons and they'll be focusing on the... not armour and prop stuff.

Hmmm rooster teeth.
Check it out
gunscythe.jpg

easter egg hunt time. Its here on the 405th unless you already found it, then there goes my fun

Attachments

• gunscythe.jpg
    gunscythe.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 194
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back