Emile Helmet Build Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilmortar

Hey everyone,

So this will be my first "TRUE" build post here. The lady and I have decided we want a full Noble Team for next year's convention season with some other friends building their spartans, but I am going to do Emile (she will be Kat).

Here are a couple of photos of her and I at Dragon*Con last year debuting our ODSTs.

1239605_627249180629933_973465772_n.jpg

555328_813500676691_1018085394_n.jpg

And one with the all famous LINK...

998103_664788093539108_217898416_n.jpg

But yes... So EMILE. Right now I am working on the helmet. I am using the FOAM templates available on the database and will be doing something a little different.

I AM GOING TO USE THE FOAM AS THE BASE AND THEN CLAY SCULPT ALL THE DETAILS ON IT...

Yes, I am going to build a foam helmet, and use it as the base and sculpt the finer details out of clay. This will allow me to get any seam lines out as well, and make this ready for resin/fiberglass casting.

So stay tuned if you guys want, I am getting the files scaled to the right size and then will start here this week with the initial build.

In "Gilmore of OK" does the "OK" refer to Oklahoma, because if it does, awesome.
Oklahomans unite!

I can't wait to see your future updates.

Oh and if you want to reserve some posts for future updates, let me know and I'll delete this and post it below any reserved slots.

It does, thats where I was when I first got on here at the 405th, I now live in Colorado with my better half. But I do tend to visit and Call Be-Rad Thompson when I am in town for hangers out.

Gilmore, tell me you are finally going to motivate my brother to do Jorge-052?

What is I just do Reach Caboose? I have the helmet for it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright for the interested few. Here is an update.

So after scowering the archives and 4shared database I picked this to the be the base (in my opinion) for sculpting upon:

attachment.php

So it is scaled and printed currently.

Unfortunately with San Diego Comic Con next week, its awaiting in the queue. We also are moving to a new place with a larger garage for our workspace so we will be moving this weekend. But more will follow in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• helmet.png
    helmet.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 756
Not sure whats more awesome, your armour or the fact you look like real spartans haha

Well, Link and I are known to rock matching mohawks..

SOOOO... Yeah... I tried guys, I really did... but I HATE PEPAKURA. Sorry, but you guys who do it have WAY more patience than me.

So I'm doing it the old school method. Well sort of... I'm taking a cue from Volpin. I am going to section MDF and then sculpt off the base of MDF... this will allow me to mold it, and once molded, I think I will be able to cut down the areas NOT part of the visor and use that as my buck for vac'ing PETG Visors.

So that is to begin this weekend, with about 4 other costume plans, including my Halo CE: Anniversary Master Chief...

wow amazing work! seeing other's finished armor gets me really motivated to finish mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back