Having a problem with the site? POST HERE!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
This thread is for site issues and technical problems. While you can certainly create a new thread for an issue, if you post here, it is more likely to get reviewed in a timely manner.

On the View Profile page, the tab bar with My Activity, About Me, etc is very difficult to read the dark gray text against the black background. I think there should be more contrast between the background and foreground colors so the text is readable.

Upvote 0
On the View Profile page, the tab bar with My Activity, About Me, etc is very difficult to read the dark gray text against the black background. I think there should be more contrast between the background and foreground colors so the text is readable.

Will work on that this week.

Upvote 0
I live and breath on the forums by the 'New Posts' function. Something I've noticed with the new layout is that when I reply to a thread, that thread doesn't appear in the list when I click the 'New Posts' button. I believe it would appear after another user posts to the thread. I find it helpful to have it show up after I post in case I'd like to quickly amend the post I just made without having to search around to locate which forum the thread was in. This is something the old layout allowed and I'm wondering if it's possible to make is so with the new layout.

Quick overall general comment to Art and any new administration, I think it's great you're on board and it's nice to see an uptick in participation which I think can be attributed to the way things are being reorganized.

Upvote 0
I live and breath on the forums by the 'New Posts' function. Something I've noticed with the new layout is that when I reply to a thread, that thread doesn't appear in the list when I click the 'New Posts' button. I believe it would appear after another user posts to the thread. I find it helpful to have it show up after I post in case I'd like to quickly amend the post I just made without having to search around to locate which forum the thread was in. This is something the old layout allowed and I'm wondering if it's possible to make is so with the new layout.

Quick overall general comment to Art and any new administration, I think it's great you're on board and it's nice to see an uptick in participation which I think can be attributed to the way things are being reorganized.

Typically you are automatically returned to a thread after posting in it from the advanced or "More Reply Options" screen. So I'm confused why you would need it to show up in the News Posts quick search or have to search around for it to make quick amendments when you should already be there to make them? I'm honestly puzzled at this request.

Upvote 0
I noticed some visual bugs on a people their profile.

1st picture
Moderators their names are almost unreadable.
And everybody their activity bar, friends list, is also unreadable.

2nd picture
People their avatar are sometimes to big in their activity feed

Attachments

• visual bug.jpg
    visual bug.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 529
  • another.jpg
    another.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 0
I thought those profile issues got fixed! Haha.

The section
"Quick Navigation: [ ↓ Site Support & News ] [ Top ]"
at the bottom of the page beneath the Page number section ( "[ ↓ Page 4 of 4 ] [ <<First ] [ < ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ]" ) and the "Add to the Conversation" reply box is still having some issues as well.

The buttons for Site Support & News and Top are overlapping the "Add to the Conversation" box area slightly.

I saw some other issues with it the other day that reoccurred, but have since forgotten what it was. I think the Quick Navigation section might have been overlapping the page numbers.

I know this issue has been addressed, but seeing as the issue is still occurring, I thought it might be worth a revisit.
I can provide screenshots upon request.

On the upside, I will say that I absolutely LOVE where you moved the timestamp for posts Art Andrews.

EDIT:

Also, I just now noticed that you added:
- - - Updated - - -

And I would like to know what can I do if I want to start a thread and reserve all the posts on the first page?

I have definitely planned on reserving all the posts on the first page for making updates when I start my own build thread.
I would view Carpathia's thread for reference of how I plan to conduct it. His thread is a great example.

I don't want to start a thread and then have to wait before I can post again in order to reserve a post and then have someone come in and make a response before I'm done reserving posts. That kind of thing really bothers me.
I solved the issue on another forum by making a 2nd account. With it, I would sign in and out of that account and my main one, making posts with the 2nd account after making one with the 1st, until I had the number I wanted reserved, and then I would delete all the posts made by the 2nd account.

But we can't delete posts here.

So I'm feeling pretty ****ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Looking into this.

I noticed some visual bugs on a people their profile.

1st picture
Moderators their names are almost unreadable.
And everybody their activity bar, friends list, is also unreadable.

2nd picture
People their avatar are sometimes to big in their activity feed

Upvote 0
EDIT:

Also, I just now noticed that you added:

And I would like to know what can I do if I want to start a thread and reserve all the posts on the first page?

I have definitely planned on reserving all the posts on the first page for making updates when I start my own build thread.
I would view Carpathia's thread for reference of how I plan to conduct it. His thread is a great example.

I don't want to start a thread and then have to wait before I can post again in order to reserve a post and then have someone come in and make a response before I'm done reserving posts. That kind of thing really bothers me.
I solved the issue on another forum by making a 2nd account. With it, I would sign in and out of that account and my main one, making posts with the 2nd account after making one with the 1st, until I had the number I wanted reserved, and then I would delete all the posts made by the 2nd account.

But we can't delete posts here.

So I'm feeling pretty ****ed.

There is no way to do this without creating a sockpuppet account (that the system will simply ban). But, not sure why you need to reserve posts when you endlessly have the ability to edit your first post and append to the bottom (or top) of it. Not sure what you would gain by additional post blocks that isn't answered by editing the first. The thing is... even if you do have a good reason, there is nothing in this software package to allow for it.

Upvote 0
Remember when I commented on the unreadability of dark gray text on a black background? Well now you've done it even broader with gray text on a teal background. Now small icons like the Settings, Facebook and Twitter buttons all look virtually the same to me. You need to be choosing background/foreground color combinations that have enough contrast for everybody to read.

Upvote 0
#1 I hit refresh when I got to my desktop, the colors changed and I immediately thought "gross"
No offense intended, I definitely liked the old top of page color more.

What's the color that is being used in the logo at the top between the star and the hexagon?
It doesn't look like it is a part of the Master Chief image in the background but I could be mistaken.
Either way, we could just match that dark color.

When I see the color of those top bars in contrast to the Subscribe button, the blue just clashes visually with the teal, and I find it unappealing whereas the dark grey/black color that it formerly was looked quite good with the blue Subscribe button.

Art, maybe you could post a few options for us and let us pick a favorite.

#2 Also, the borders for the Post Reply buttons at the bottom have become washed out, and the "+" next to the Search this Page bar is also washed out looking.

#3 One issue I've noticed, and it has been this way for a while, is that when looking at a particular blog, the padding on the edges of all the modules is pretty non-existant, making the text almost flush with the edge of the border of the modules. I'm not asking for much more padding, maybe just a 2px increase would be good.

#4 Also, the grey of the Inbox bubble does not match the grey of our Profile Name or the Settings Cog.

#5 On our profiles, in regards to the bar at the top "My Activity | About Me | Friends | Blog | ..."
The text is incredibly hard to read for the Tabs that are inactive. Dark grey on black is not the easiest thing to read.

Upvote 0
Like the rest I thought the darker collor actually looked better, now it feels like the site breaks into to mutch collors.
One accent from the logo would be already sufficiant. if you give everything the collors of the logo it might look somewhat plain.

Upvote 0
Remember when I commented on the unreadability of dark gray text on a black background? Well now you've done it even broader with gray text on a teal background. Now small icons like the Settings, Facebook and Twitter buttons all look virtually the same to me. You need to be choosing background/foreground color combinations that have enough contrast for everybody to read.

Do hard refresh. I'll bet you are still seeing the older icons.

It should look like this, which is a much higher contrast than before and should be much more easily viewable than before.

Untitled-4.jpg

Upvote 0
Like the rest I thought the darker collor actually looked better, now it feels like the site breaks into to mutch collors.
One accent from the logo would be already sufficiant. if you give everything the collors of the logo it might look somewhat plain.

We won't go back to the super dark grey, but we could easily take the saturation out of this one.

Better now?

Upvote 0

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back