ODST Foam/Pep Build [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice progress. How uncomfortable is it to wear with all those bolts sticking out? I wonder if velcro or webbing straps might work better.

Nice progress. How uncomfortable is it to wear with all those bolts sticking out? I wonder if velcro or webbing straps might work better.
Not that bad. Only a few actually poke me and those are long ones I had lying around. I'm going to get shorter ones when I have a accurate count of how many I need.

To be honest I don't trust Velcro.

I love the detail! an the tally of how many kills haha
Thanks, I really try and make my suits as detailed as I can and as a result I often redo parts to make them better.
Great paint job so far!
Thanks I alwayd feel that the paint job makes or breaks a suit.

So this is the last update for a little while, I'm moving into a dorm tomorrow to start college. However I did get my shoulder painted and weathered Adolf with the forearms.

I plan on doing the forearms over sometime due to poorly made seams and a bad paint job.

uploadfromtaptalk1408648040567.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408648051143.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408648061347.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408648067946.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408648076185.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408648083748.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408648089439.jpg

Thanks, I really try and make my suits as detailed as I can and as a result I often redo parts to make them better.

Thanks I alwayd feel that the paint job makes or breaks a suit.

So this is the last update for a little while, I'm moving into a dorm tomorrow to start college. However I did get my shoulder painted and weathered Adolf with the forearms.

I plan on doing the forearms over sometime due to poorly made seams and a bad paint job.

View attachment 2559View attachment 2560View attachment 2561View attachment 2562View attachment 2563View attachment 2564View attachment 2565

A perfectionist ? I can relate to that haha

A perfectionist ? I can relate to that haha
I think most of us can! I plan on redoing most of the suit in time to make it better. But for now I got very little work done since school started. However I got good places to keep my suit in my room!

I got the knee parts almost done and I started on the belt buckle.

ATTACH]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409623849086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409623849086.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 194
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409623874113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409623874113.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 186
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409623915923.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409623915923.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 209
I think most of us can! I plan on redoing most of the suit in time to make it better. But for now I got very little work done since school started. However I got good places to keep my suit in my room!

ATTACH]

Just dont accidentally put it on for school ;)

Just dont accidentally put it on for school ;)
I wore my marine to school once that was fun.

Any how I got updates on the shins and belt buckle. I think I need to scale down the shins, I have my size.13 shoe and a paper towel next to it for comparison. I also got a new toy fairly cheap on the eBay. I won't have time to make a weapon for the convention so I'm settling for this.uploadfromtaptalk1410234123013.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410234131608.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410234138645.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410234146692.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410234153419.jpg

Build is looking fantastic :)
I was curious as to something you said earlier about velcro. I was just wondering why you dont trust it is all? :)
keep up the great work

Build is looking fantastic :)
I was curious as to something you said earlier about velcro. I was just wondering why you dont trust it is all? :)
keep up the great work
I used Velcro before on my marine costume and earlier costumes I made but I always had issues with it not being strong enough to hold parts on or together. As a result I would rather use nuts bolts and washers to keep the suit secured.

I used Velcro before on my marine costume and earlier costumes I made but I always had issues with it not being strong enough to hold parts on or together. As a result I would rather use nuts bolts and washers to keep the suit secured.

ah okay. :) makes sense

I look forward to more pictures :)

ah okay. :) makes sense

I look forward to more pictures :)
Well I'm glad you want more pictures because I have two more. School is starting to bog me down and htere were medical issues in my family but I have a few hours each day and I found new tv shows to watch on Netflix so production is going well now also the medical issues have been resolved. I really need to go to an army surplus store and buy bdus and boots for the ODST. I also need to order reflective film for the visor I need to make the visor I need to finish the helmet I need to make boot coverings I need to make the shins I need to strap the hip plates and pelvic plate to the belt I got. I need to paint a bunch.... okay I think that's all I need to do. Bad part about this stuff is I can't do bondo or spray painting in the dorm. I need more money for this project too.

Okay I'm done with that rant of nonsense here is the second shoulder in its semi warped glory? I really dont know what happened
uploadfromtaptalk1411007944176.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411007951963.jpg

ATTACH]

Do you have any sort of template for the knee? It looks like it yields pretty awesome results the way you did it. My knees kinda suck...

Do you have any sort of template for the knee? It looks like it yields pretty awesome results the way you did it. My knees kinda suck...
I used Hugh's shin as a template. I changed it up a bit to make my life easier but that's it.

Any how after class and work today I'm going home to paint the knees belt buckle and the torso if weather permits it's.

I meant to add a picture to that last post. Here is the stuff all packed away.uploadfromtaptalk1411137753121.jpg

Also for anybody else who makes ODST's what brand of paint do you use and what color? I cannot find any good dark grays and as a result I have been using satin black and and primer to try and get it to be a grayish color.

I really need to go to an army surplus store and buy bdus and boots for the ODST.

Before you go to an army surplus for the bdu's, maybe try and search your local thrift stores, like savers, good will and stuff like that. it might be cheaper that way. Or even try amazon, i know they have good deals too. Just figured id throw that out there for ya since you are not trying to spend a fortune ;-)

Before you go to an army surplus for the bdu's, maybe try and search your local thrift stores, like savers, good will and stuff like that. it might be cheaper that way. Or even try amazon, i know they have good deals too. Just figured id throw that out there for ya since you are not trying to spend a fortune ;-)

I thought army surplus stores were soupossed to be like the thrift shops of military goods. Hrmph, Well looking online it seems like I will be spending a decent amount on just the boots. I remember when I bought the desert boots for my marine they were only 17 bucks.

Also I would like some input from every one who reads this on what type of BDU should I get? It seems like ODST's have just plain black undersuits but with my lack of gray paint I feel there is already too much black on the costume. So any suggestions would be nice.

I thought army surplus stores were soupossed to be like the thrift shops of military goods. Hrmph, Well looking online it seems like I will be spending a decent amount on just the boots. I remember when I bought the desert boots for my marine they were only 17 bucks.

Also I would like some input from every one who reads this on what type of BDU should I get? It seems like ODST's have just plain black undersuits but with my lack of gray paint I feel there is already too much black on the costume. So any suggestions would be nice.

Well yeah some army surplus stores might be. I didnt mean for you to not try there, i was just giving you other suggestions to keep your options open :)
If you want to try the army surplus store first then do that, and if you find what you're looking for then great :)

Also as far as the BDU, i think that is entirely up to you and what you want for your ODST. Like for example, when i finally build my ODST i plan on using a desert 3 color camo pattern. I live in the desert and think it would be fun to do. Ill be painting my armor to match the pattern to a point.
So you should decide what it is you want to do with your armor and then you can pick the BDU you like best for it :)
Hope this helps.
Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back