Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying squirl

Sr Member
Yup, thats right, the new torso file is finaly ready. clicky!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MRK-VIHIGHDETAIL.jpg

TORSOTITLEPIC.jpg

TITLEPIC.jpg

MRK-VHIGHDETAIL.jpg

hdtorso.jpg

MRK-VISCONDLAST.jpg

---------------

Unfolded Arbiter helmet as made by Keegan

Halo2 helmet with supports

Simplified Assault Rifle

RE-UPLOADS:
halo 2 elites with texture

halo 2 brutes with texture

halo 2 arbie with texture

also a little supprise:

red and black brute cheif helmet

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED BY UPLOADNG, ORGANISING, TESTING, COMPLAMENTING AND COMMENTING ON THESE MODELS! I WOULDNT HAVE BROUGHT IT THIS FAR WITH OUT YOUR HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Text/Pics by FS:

As promised here's some of the Halo2 files that Ive sorted out so they work in pep and have textures. Thanks a million to conk3rs for uploading the files! :D

I did this for the 405th so I don't want to see these hosted on other sites without permission. If your thinking 'but all you did was put the files in pep', your wrong. A list of the work involved is down the bottom.

If anyone would like any of the other characters and/or weapons and/or vehicles lemme know.

arbie-1.jpg

BRUTE-1.jpg

ELITE.jpg

Teasers
NEWMRKVI.jpg

CHEIF.jpg

Here's a list of the work involved in sorting out the Halo2 files for pep:
Trudging through all the different variants of each 3ds and organising them into sections involving base character models, all the variant models, all the 3 varying degrees of less detailed models for the distant versions.
Converting all the texture files so that pep and max could use em.
Bringing all the needed models into max.
Naming them all correctly.
Deleting the parts that would be pointless in pep.
Welding all the edges.
Sorting out the stupid edges and faces that wouldn't weld. >_>
Applying the textures to check the UVWs.
Sorting out the UVWs where needed. >_>
Exporting each part individually as 3ds.
Importing each part individually into pep and applying the correct texture.
Saving each model out with correct names into organised pep packs.
And finally, uploading all the files, sorting out all the links and pictures to make it easier for ya.
So don't go stealing the work I did for 405th!

Any problems gimme s shout

FS

great work do you have any pics of your finished and folded helmet ?
I've got to wait until payday to get some card stock then I want to try this :D

I downloaded the first file, opened it up and unfolded it. Is this model fully pepped or is there still some work to be done? Also the links for helm001 to 008 are dead as well as the pepped but not flattened file. Thanks for making the most detailed one I have seen to date.

VERY nice, do you plan on modelling the rest of the suit in high poly? I can help (I work as a 3d modeller and texture artist).

I'd love to make a whole suit of high poly armor.

Yeah, just noticed that only the link to the model works. :/

Just making sure that this thread doesn't go to page 3. I really want that file, please fix the link flying_squirl. You are the shiznit ^^ tyvm.

-EDIT-

Since this pep has supports built into it, does that mean that I can make it out of paper and it won't warp?

s-meister said:
Just making sure that this thread doesn't go to page 3. I really want that file, please fix the link flying_squirl. You are the shiznit ^^ tyvm.

-EDIT-

Since this pep has supports built into it, does that mean that I can make it out of paper and it won't warp?

Too late this already made it to page 3. Fix the link plzzzzzz. The first link is working, but it is not the right helmet.

Master Chef said:
When I bring it up in pepakura, all the pieces are joined in the 2-d layout. Anyone know how to fix this?
HELP?
your gonna want to go up to the tool bar and click "connect/divide faces", the blue zipper thing. or you can press
ctrl+N. Then every edge you click will divide into two, and you can cut them down to size so they fit on each page. too bad you cant save the file though unless you have a subscription.

Really sorry I took so long guys. Lots of stuff happened at once (if you want to know what ill put it at the end of this post). I’ve fixed the links (I think) but if there’s any problems pm or email me and ill fix em straight away. You’ll have to bear with me cuz I only have a 26.4 k connection(yea I know, I didn’t think it was still possible ether but apparently it is). Again, sorry for taking so long and thanks for bumping it a few times, much appreciated.

Replies:

Nope, no picks of my finished helm cuz I don’t have one yet, I posted this as soon as I finished the file.

Hmm, as far as I know I saved it with it unfolded and sorted onto pages (if not, let me know and ill fix it).

yup, I think I will but I'm not in too much of a rush, I've got the torso almost in high polly but I’m not fully happy with it. Everyone’s welcome to help, I’m not that fussy.

They don’t fit onto one page? I unfolded it at 27 cm high and I was able to get em onto one page (well lots of pages but not over laps... you know what I mean.)

Thanks s-meister, much appreciated. I don’t think you’ll be able you build it out of normal paper but I’m not sure. I wouldn’t risk it.

Ill post it up with no smoothing groups when I can get access to faster net (shouldn’t be long)

Heh, thanks again s-meister. I think I’ve fixed it (I think).

Done and done (I think)

My excuses reasons: just after I posted this we had to pack up and move office, the new office doesn’t even have phone lines yet so no interweb there (but there is an amazing view of the city (its penthouse)). Then when I got home my puppy had chewed through the internet cable, no biggie I know, just buy a new one and I’m on again, but no!! Cuz then my computer crashes and then gets the BSOD so I have to completely start over!!! Blaaarg. Anyhu, I’ve got most of the 3d files backed up so I’m not too worried. So that’s the story of how I rescued you both and saved the day, the end why I took so long to fix the links.

EDIT: ive uploaded a link to the halo 2 helmit with built in supports. its exactly the same scale as the original so if you just want the supports you can print em out on their own at the scale you used and glue em in place.

Hey, i finished building this helm! :) It didn't take very long.
I'll post a few pics, just as soon as I take some, it looks amazing.
(Kinda messed up a bit, I was rushing a little...Halo-Ween coming up and stuff)
I was thinking of just fixing up the messed up detail with some bondo or something.
(Would cardboard work...Maybe?)
And by the way, is there any alternative to resining/fiberglassing? I'm kinda low on cash to get some. :cautious:
One last question! (Noob) Where can I get a really cheap visor?

If anyone could answer those, it would be a great help.
I'll post pics if anyone wants to see.

-Anthony

I probably should have asked this before I spent an hour unfolding and splitting it up but... is there a wrong way to go about doing that? I mean like... Is there a certain way I should do it to avoid a lot of hassle when I go to assemble it?

B1ahh said:
Hey, i finished building this helm! :) It didn't take very long.
I'll post a few pics, just as soon as I take some, it looks amazing.
(Kinda messed up a bit, I was rushing a little...Halo-Ween coming up and stuff)
I was thinking of just fixing up the messed up detail with some bondo or something.
(Would cardboard work...Maybe?)
And by the way, is there any alternative to resining/fiberglassing? I'm kinda low on cash to get some. :cautious:
One last question! (Noob) Where can I get a really cheap visor?

If anyone could answer those, it would be a great help.
I'll post pics if anyone wants to see.

-Anthony

hey B1ahh! great to hear it. im dying to see pictures!!!! :D :D ide say a bita cardbord would do the trick especialy if its just a quick one for halo-ween. there are a few alternatives to fiberglass including painting it with a sealent and mache the inside. this isnt as fast as resin but it sure can get as strog as it. (there was a serese of cars (i think in germany) built using paper mache as the outer surface) not to sure on the other methods but im sure someone will be glad to help. i havnt a clue where to get cheap visors (im in ireland and i assume ur in america so the shop might differ :p :D ).

P32 said:
I probably should have asked this before I spent an hour unfolding and splitting it up but... is there a wrong way to go about doing that? I mean like... Is there a certain way I should do it to avoid a lot of hassle when I go to assemble it?

eh? i though it was unwraped already? if not ill put up the unwrapped version this evening. unless your doing the second version (or whatever version i didnt unwrap). ide addvise trying to split it into long strips that fit onto a page (see the third version) that way your assembling long strips (like the way the cardbord guys do it) as apposed to spiraly squared bits of card. if your using the second one and you haven't printed it out ide advise using the latest one, its unwrapped and the geomitry of it should make it easier to assemble.

p.s. sorry for my bad spelling, i have dislexia and my spellchecker plug-in has dissapeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back