Looking for a pep file

Status
Not open for further replies.

C8lyn

Jr Member
'Allo.

I'm looking for any pep files for Chief's Halo 4 forearm. I currently have the version from the 405th pep database, but I've been informed that it was a concept version and have since found that it differs from the game gauntlet. I have had a search through some of the forum but can't seem to find what I'm looking for so I hope it exists..

I'm also looking for a bit of help with fitting it to my skinny girl arms. I'm willing to bulk my arm up a bit with the undersuit but there's only so much I can do there.

I already have two forearms pepped so if I can't find another file I guess it's not the end of the world.

:)

I posted game rips in my Halo 4 Assets Thread. Youl should be able to find them from there.

I posted game rips in my Halo 4 Assets Thread. Youl should be able to find them from there.

Are they unfolded? And I think I tried to download one yesterday but it opened in notepad with a LOT of code and I was like wtf

What file extension do you have at the end of the file. Try renaming it and add .obj or .pdo, then right click it and select open with and assign it to pepakura. Did you downloaded it and did it have a .bin at the end. Or can you take a screen shot.

You can also right click it at the name box rename it their with the .obj or .pdo file extension at the end.

What file extension do you have at the end of the file. Try renaming it and add .obj or .pdo, then right click it and select open with and assign it to pepakura. Did you downloaded it and did it have a .bin at the end. Or can you take a screen shot.

You can also right click it at the name box rename it their with the .obj or .pdo file extension at the end.

Looks like I'll have to try requesting the file. It downloaded as an .obj and I also tried it with the .pdo extension with no success.

Pepakura Designer should be able to natively open most model files, including OBJ and PDO. Double check to be sure you're running Pepakura DESIGNER, not Pepakura VIEWER - if not, I suppose I can convert the file into a PDO for you.

Other than that, I have no idea why you're having issues. Drag and drop the file onto Pepakura Designer to open it, if all else fails.

Thanks for the help guys. I've finally managed to open the file but I wouldn't know the first thing about unfolding. Lol. Any help there?

If you want to pm me , so we can exchange emails and can send the file, i wouldnt mind unfolding a small file such as the forearm for you. I cant do any fixing to the model if something is broken or if its a game rip file because i havent learned blender adequately enough to do so. But if youre fine with how it looks in pepakura i can do your unfold.

If you want to pm me , so we can exchange emails and can send the file, i wouldnt mind unfolding a small file such as the forearm for you. I cant do any fixing to the model if something is broken or if its a game rip file because i havent learned blender adequately enough to do so. But if youre fine with how it looks in pepakura i can do your unfold.

That would be great if you could. Just before anything is done I'd like to show what problems I've found with the pieces I already have and why I'm searching for something different.

The first two pictures show the 4 sides of the pieces I have already pepped, which is the version from the 405th database. It was tricky to put together but it's not consistent with the game design.

20140724_160039.jpg

20140724_160144.jpg

This picture shows how much the end of the piece gapes compared to all other pieces that I've pepped. There's no folded over edges on the design like the others which not only makes it very floppy but makes it feel way too big for my scrawny arms.

20140724_160226.jpg

Here's a screenshot of Arcanine's game rip file in pep designer. I can see that some of it is similar but the inside of the arm is completely different.
The biggest difference and benefit I can see with this design is how it's built in around the end edges to hug the arm which would be ideal for me!
I'm not likely to need the glove pieces because I already have a file for that.

pepfile.jpg

I hope you can see what I mean and understand why the first design is driving my perfectionist mind up the wall!
I really should have started with a post like this..

Attachments

• 20140724_160039.jpg
    20140724_160039.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 147
  • 20140724_160144.jpg
    20140724_160144.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 136
  • 20140724_160226.jpg
    20140724_160226.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 155
  • pepfile.jpg
    pepfile.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 147
I agree, I have run into that problem with the file, as I made it, then looked at the reference pictures and got very annoyed:facepalm

I agree, I have run into that problem with the file, as I made it, then looked at the reference pictures and got very annoyed:facepalm

That would be great if you could. Just before anything is done I'd like to show what problems I've found with the pieces I already have and why I'm searching for something different.

The first two pictures show the 4 sides of the pieces I have already pepped, which is the version from the 405th database. It was tricky to put together but it's not consistent with the game design.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/Frogbowl/Mobile Uploads/20140724_160039.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/Frogbowl/Mobile Uploads/20140724_160144.jpg

This picture shows how much the end of the piece gapes compared to all other pieces that I've pepped. There's no folded over edges on the design like the others which not only makes it very floppy but makes it feel way too big for my scrawny arms.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/Frogbowl/Mobile Uploads/20140724_160226.jpg

Here's a screenshot of Arcanine's game rip file in pep designer. I can see that some of it is similar but the inside of the arm is completely different.
The biggest difference and benefit I can see with this design is how it's built in around the end edges to hug the arm which would be ideal for me!
I'm not likely to need the glove pieces because I already have a file for that.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/Frogbowl/Mobile Uploads/pepfile.jpg

I hope you can see what I mean and understand why the first design is driving my perfectionist mind up the wall!
I really should have started with a post like this..

Alot of game publishers, here recently, get most of the details from the textures that are mapped onto the 3d model it self. Think of the model as a glass with something elaborate painted on and you should understand the concept better if you dont already. This saves from using to many tris, faces which in turn frees up memory for other things in the game.i believe this is also the reason why alot of the models have intersecting smaller models making up a complete piece. You save memory by not having a mesh welded piece or solid that has a lot of extra faces to connect everything. Instead they intersect them and create a map for the texture. If you open up the binary rifle or any chest piece in a 3d program you will see what I mean. We go in there and align everything, weld the pieces together and then cut in the details. We also keep in mind how hard the piece will be to pep. We try to find a happy medium, except for robot chicken his stuff is highly detailed and very technical to build.

Raw files also have a lot of twisted faces and misaligned. You can fix this in the bondo stage but its going to be fun. Also past the bondo stage you detail the piece with foamies mat board or bondo if you want. But this is tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back