[Pittsburgh, PA] HaloFanForLife LAN event seeking Spartans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger06

Full details are here:

http://halofanforlife.com/?page_id=14914

Regarding donations: This isn’t just to raise money for the LAN and domain renewal. I am proud to announce that HFFL will donate a portions of the funds to theAutism Society of Pittsburgh.The way this will work is 50% of funds raised will go to the LAN/domain renewal and the other 50% to the charity. Should the funds raised exceed $2,000, anything above that $2,000 mark will be donated to the charity.

Here are three examples to illustrate this.
$1,000 raised will see $500 to HFFL and $500 to ASoP
$2,000 raised will see $1,000 to HFFL and $1,000 to ASoP
$3,000 raised will see $1,000 to HFFL and $2,000 to ASoP

In essence this means that HFFL at most would have $1,000 of funds raised, where as the charity once total funds raised is at $2,000 will receive all monies above that amount.

I would like to ask you folks to kindly pass this information around to hopefully get more funds raised for the charity.

I chose this charity due to Mega Bloks also supporting Autism. Mind you, this decision was made BEFORE Mega committed to being a sponsor. So it’s just icing on the cake that they did say yes to sponsoring this.
There will be a FFA and Doubles tourney.

Mega Bloks has agreed to sponsor the LAN by way of door prizes and tournament prizes. Each attendee will receive a door prize (first come first serve/while supplies last).

If you are interested in attending, please post a picture of your suit and comment below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this up for me. Hello Folks, my name is Sal Salerno. I'm the owner of HaloFanForLife.com. I stated halofanforlife.com in Sept 2011. I'm well versed in the lore of Halo, Multiplayer and forging maps. Years ago I was part of a cosplay organization for Star Wars. Through that we visited Children's Hospital and the like.
I'm also a US Navy veteran, having seen real war action during the Gulf War in 1991.

On August 16, 2014, I'll be hosting the 2nd Annual HFFL (HaloFanFofrLife) LANstravaganza. The event is from 1-9pm EST. I'll be holding a FFA tourney and possibly a doubles tourney if there are enough teams to participate. As you can see from above, I'm also having a fundraiser for the event that coincides with my fundraising for the Autism Society of Pittsburgh.
Any Spartan Attending in full costume will have free admission to the LAN. The only thing I ask for is $5 to cover food/beverage costs.

Please pass the word around. Not just to you fellow Spartans, but also you're fellow gaming friends as well. If you cannot attend, but may consider donating, please check out my homepage at halofanforlife.com. To the right is a paypal button. Between now and Aug 16, all money donated will automatically go to the fundraiser, so you do not need to specifically state that. Any amount of your choosing is acceptable. Every little bit helps. Also, please stay tuned to my blog as I may shortly be putting up two items as gifts via a raffle for those who donate.

My sincerest thanks in advance to any who can attend as well as any who donate.
Sal Salerno
Owner/Blogger
HaloFanForLife.com

While I would love to come to this, I do not currently have a full suit of armor, let alone a single piece completed yet. I do wish you the best in this get together. I am hoping that we can get someone out to you. If not this year, you should be able to count on me for next year for a few hours at least.

Thanks. That's appreciated. Heh, this is more than a get together, though. I've got Halo fans coming from all around the USA.
San Jose, CA
Chicago, IL
Austin, TX
Atlanta, GA
Morgantown, WV
Columbus, OH
Baltimore, MD
and of course many from Pennsylvania, specifically Pittsburgh, where I'm located.

I'm hoping to grow this into more than just a LAN. I want it to be a full-on Halo Community experience. I'd love the have folks from the 405th there, as well as other Halo communities like Grifball Hub, Podtacular, RUL, Rooster Teeth, Mega Brands (makers of Halo Mega Bloks) among others, not to mention 343 folks.

That's the plan, though I know it will take time to get to that level. It's one reason why I'm reaching out now to the 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back