KevZone's Forward Unto Dawn (FUD) pepakura build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Halo Legends on DVD I could send you some if youd like. Also I have FUD on blu ray and they have a 3D render of cheif thats nice I can send you some shots of that too.

Wow, this is great! Definitely going to keep an eye on this :)

Nice work.

I see you are using the cardboard for stiffness. I can't remember if it was here or the RPF, but someone suggested popsicle sticks and toothpicks. Glue them onto the back of the flat pieces to keep them flat. When you resin, it will soak into the wood and make it that much stronger.

Wow, this is great! Definitely going to keep an eye on this :)

Nice work.

Thanks!

I see you are using the cardboard for stiffness. I can't remember if it was here or the RPF, but someone suggested popsicle sticks and toothpicks. Glue them onto the back of the flat pieces to keep them flat. When you resin, it will soak into the wood and make it that much stronger.

Thanks for the tip, I've used some of the large tongue depressor sized popsicle sticks before and they do work. For this one I just needed something to hold that large area of the shoulder nice and flat so cereal box on both sides did the trick.

Posted some small updates to the helmet, handplates and shoulders sections above. I'm working toward a Halloween deadline so I have to really get cracking.

Hey Jason, you'll see on my shoulder update that I took your advice and braced the shoulder with popsicle sticks like you suggested.

Posted minor updates to the handplates and forearms sections. Halloween is my target date so I gotta keep up the pressure!

Thanks! I used the router bit to carve in the detail and the small 1/4 inch flat grinding bit to smooth out the surface, then took 400 grit sandpaper and wrapped it over the end of an X-Acto blade handle to fine sand it smooth. To round off the edges, I used a reinforced cutting disc and just used the side of it as a sanding surface.

I've posted updates to the handplates, shins, thighs and cod sections of the thread. I was pretty busy this last weekend and got a lot of work done. The Halloween clock is ticking down!

(Click the link below in my signature to start at the top of this thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back