Help! Trying to Convert files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imotekh

I have these .MODEL files that I've taken from a game. I'm currently trying to convert them into a file extension that could be opened into Pepakura. Any ideas?
kGKvDpD.png<-- What it looks like.

I can't see anything, but maybe you will have to open it into some 3D modeling program and export it and try to save it as a different file type.

I have these .MODEL files that I've taken from a game. I'm currently trying to convert them into a file extension that could be opened into Pepakura. Any ideas?
View attachment 916<-- What it looks like.

Try looking up a program named Noesis you should be able to get it at xentax, facepunch or halomaps web pages. I believe it should convert it to obj then import it to pep. The file is a raw game rip you might want to throw it into a 3d program and clean it up some as well.

Be careful requesting anything there as some of the members are...well excited to meet new people.

Try looking up a program named Noesis you should be able to get it at xentax, facepunch or halomaps web pages. I believe it should convert it to obj then import it to pep. The file is a raw game rip you might want to throw it into a 3d program and clean it up some as well.

Be careful requesting anything there as some of the members are...well excited to meet new people.

Sadly, Noesis wasn't able to convert .model files. I've put the files on 4shared, just in case someone who would be able to could convert them. :(
http://www.4shared.com/folder/5ATYhstl/Necron.html

I downloaded one of the files from 4shared and it comes up as a .MODEL file extension. I ran it across a file viewer website and they recommended a software to view it, but not even their software (fileviewerpro) could open it. I tried two other programs (FreeCAD and a program that can open CATIA V files) and both could still not open it =\ Were you able to ever open these files on any program, or did you just download or rip them directly from the game?

View attachment 916<-- What it looks like.
If u took it from halo ce or sw like that, why don't u use hmt? I Use it to export model to obj. But ií' just the raw without texture

I did a little more looking into this, cause I really want to help out, and I came across this: http://www.123dapp.com/obj-Catch/Necron/1060683

It's a 3d model of a Necron (but not Overlord). I've never played the game so I'm not sure of the differences. The file can be downloaded as an obj. so it can be straight imported into Pep Designer. Hope this helps you out =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back