New MK VI Spartan build

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUX31EGuy

Jr Member
Hi there! My name is UX (Jon). A good friend of mine (Joe) and myself, have decided to build MK VI suits of Spartan armor. Our deadline is Halloween. I shall update this thread accordingly with with our progress on our builds.

My build:

My spartan.jpg

Joe's build:

Joe's spartan.jpg

I saw this picture really quick out of the corner of my eye and thought it was a handplate. I thought 'Uh-oh, I think some assistance with scaling might be needed here', but nope I'm just a dope. Clearly I need to turn on the A/C unit and stop boiling my brain cells.

Looks good though, what sort of undersuit will you be wearing with it?

Well, that's the thing. it just hit me like running into a brick wall... I have no clue what kind of under suit I'll be using. Perhaps an all black wet suit might work. I have no idea really. No experience on my part with working with any kinds of fabrics other than fiberglass cloth. :p

Well, that's the thing. it just hit me like running into a brick wall... I have no clue what kind of under suit I'll be using. Perhaps an all black wet suit might work. I have no idea really. No experience on my part with working with any kinds of fabrics other than fiberglass cloth. :p

Is it bad that I just started picturing Masterchief running headlong into a brick wall? I wonder if he would barrel through, or would he bounce when his shield hit the wall? Yes, definitely need that A/C to kick in...

Back to rational thought, I am putting together a tutorial for making a custom pattern for a HALO 4 exo-suit, If you were thinking of sewing yourself a suit this may be useful to you; if you'd like I can PM you the link to the video when it is ready.

If sewing isn't really something you want to try I believe some have used wetsuits (which can be extremely hot), black army fatigues, and black body armor or pressure suits (for motor biking). I think you may want to be mindful of how the armor pieces will need to be attached, the thread 'Armor Strapping 101' shows how the suit can be used to distribute the weight of some of the armor pieces.

I myself will be trying a neoprene, fleece, and athletic mesh sandwich with EVA padding (to make me look less scrawny) and built-in cooling patches. I am hoping this combination makes for a true to game look that is flexible and wearable at local events.

Is it bad that I just started picturing Masterchief running headlong into a brick wall? I wonder if he would barrel through, or would he bounce when his shield hit the wall? Yes, definitely need that A/C to kick in...

Back to rational thought, I am putting together a tutorial for making a custom pattern for a HALO 4 exo-suit, If you were thinking of sewing yourself a suit this may be useful to you; if you'd like I can PM you the link to the video when it is ready.

If sewing isn't really something you want to try I believe some have used wetsuits (which can be extremely hot), black army fatigues, and black body armor or pressure suits (for motor biking). I think you may want to be mindful of how the armor pieces will need to be attached, the thread 'Armor Strapping 101' shows how the suit can be used to distribute the weight of some of the armor pieces.

I myself will be trying a neoprene, fleece, and athletic mesh sandwich with EVA padding (to make me look less scrawny) and built-in cooling patches. I am hoping this combination makes for a true to game look that is flexible and wearable at local events.

Lol, that's a funny thought. I think he'd go barreling through the brick wall. I would be very interested in making a H4 exo-suit. Do PM me the link to the video when it is ready.

Whoa, almost let my own armor thread die... I've gotten a CQB helmet from Halo 3 made. It is gonna be resined and glassed tomorrow. my armor config has changed, on the MK VI chest, I'm gonna mount an ODST chest plate. Might have ODST shoulders, uncertain. I've got an ambitious idea for the CQB helmet. The idea is to mount an Arduino Mega 2560 in it, as well as give it the capability to call, send/receive texts/SMS, temperature controlled fans, and a few other things that slip my mind at the moment. I'll get pics up of the CQB helmet tomorrow before I start glassing it.

Oh man, quadruple post on my part. Welp, I'm putting my suit build on hold while I work on an ODST costume. Will be posting updates about the ODST suit here rather than in a new thread. Joe has taken a hiatus on armor building till summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back