Ideas for Foam chest peace for both male and female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

So I have been sketching out some templates for some custom armour for some of my Films. I've been having a hard time coming up with something for the torso. There is only the front part of the torso. The back will be covered. But I need a design that would work for both male and female. I need something that doesn't use to much foam. It can't be too bulky/popping out because actors will be falling and such and I don't want the armour caving in. Any thoughts? Fill free to ask questions if I didn't supply enough detail for you. Thanks! :)

Aiden26 As for armor that will work for both male and female, it would really depend on how built the females are. If they are busty up top they will need a chest that is more roomy to handle their girls. I do not know the foam pep files very well, but for the regular Pep, some of the ODST armor might be a decent base for you. The female file I am specifically thinking about is...
DARE CHEST PLATE MS7

Last edited by a moderator:
Aiden26 As for armor that will work for both male and female, it would really depend on how built the females are. If they are busty up top they will need a chest that is more roomy to handle their girls. I do not know the foam pep files very well, but for the regular Pep, some of the ODST armor might be a decent base for you. The female file I am specifically thinking about is...
DARE CHEST PLATE MS7

The female actors are not really busty. They would need some room but it wouldn't effect the design.

Aiden26 Then what about the Kirrou_ODDST-HD_CHEST_V2 ? It might work for you. Beyond that is looking in the files archive here, and looking at the various armors to see what will match more what you are looking for.

Aiden26 Then what about the Kirrou_ODDST-HD_CHEST_V2 ? It might work for you. Beyond that is looking in the files archive here, and looking at the various armors to see what will match more what you are looking for.

I have looked in the database base before and have found some armour attachments witch would look good but I'm not sure what to put around it. Since I'm trying to limit the foam use, I was thinking of 3D strips from top to bottom. Giving it that layered look. Any other suggestions on that? Thanks for the help :)

I have looked in the database base before and have found some armour attachments witch would look good but I'm not sure what to put around it. Since I'm trying to limit the foam use, I was thinking of 3D strips from top to bottom. Giving it that layered look. Any other suggestions on that? Thanks for the help :)

Your welcome. I enjoy passing ideas around. As for actual foam work, I have not really worked with it before, so some of my ideas might really not work.

As for 3d strips, what do you mean by that?

One thing that is coming to mind is potentially using foam from say upholstery foam as your base, then use the foamies over it. IT would make the armor very flexible, and well landing on it would not hurt so much. I know I have near me a surplus store that sells the seat and cushion foam for relatively cheaply, and then the foamies wouldn't be that much. IF you use the cushion foam as your base, it would give you some basic shape.

Your welcome. I enjoy passing ideas around. As for actual foam work, I have not really worked with it before, so some of my ideas might really not work.

As for 3d strips, what do you mean by that?

One thing that is coming to mind is potentially using foam from say upholstery foam as your base, then use the foamies over it. IT would make the armor very flexible, and well landing on it would not hurt so much. I know I have near me a surplus store that sells the seat and cushion foam for relatively cheaply, and then the foamies wouldn't be that much. IF you use the cushion foam as your base, it would give you some basic shape.

By 3D, I meant taking strips of foam and layering them making them look like a stair case. Here's an example. http://www.deviantart.com/art/Ebony-Armor-WIP-3b-424894660

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back