Halo Visor Detail (Help/Tips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSYCHO ARMY

This thread is going to be all about visor dyeing, vacuum forming, patterns, and etc.

If you need help with vacuum forming go to this YouTube video,
if you don't have a heat gun you can just use your oven!

What I need help with is the hexagonal pattern on halo 4/5 mc visor. How would I be able to do that.
halo_4_helmet.jpg

If you have other questions, ask. And if you have answers please reply to me and others. or just post tips you have thought off!

halo_4_helmet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PSYCHO ARMY I know one way that I am contemplating on tinting and mirroring my visor is a new product that I saw in WAL Mart.

It is a transparent glass paint located here. They have multiple colors.

To get the hexagon marks I would do a few layers of the transparent paint color on a one way mirror film. Then I would utilize a mold, much like what EVAkura made to stamp on another layer of paint a slightly darker shade. Here is a link to the thread he did his hex mold in.

I've seen that hex mold. he did amazing work. I had a question about some of the vacuum forming on visors. Whats a good clear plastic to use for, say Emile's helm from reach. I've just started cutting the pep out, but want to have a good idea on what to do on the visor, since it's basically his whole top of the helmet.

I've seen that hex mold. he did amazing work. I had a question about some of the vacuum forming on visors. Whats a good clear plastic to use for, say Emile's helm from reach. I've just started cutting the pep out, but want to have a good idea on what to do on the visor, since it's basically his whole top of the helmet.

3-5mm plexiglass/acrylic would be a good start. Just make sure you have a decently-set-up vacuum pull or things might go awry.

Or, you can do something like I did here:

SAM_1374_zpsd127a316.jpg

These are individual hex "stickers" taken from a sheet of 3M painter's mask that I had a local sign shop cut for me. I placed each one in position... painstakingly.

SAM_1380_zpscc31ad40.jpg

Here is after I painted it with gold paint, then removed the hex stickers. In hindsight, it would have been WAY more accurate if I had used a matte or satin clear coat in place of the gold paint.

Then, I just used one way mirror window tint on the inside

Here is the outside:

SAM_1401_zpsff8aabaa.jpg

And this is the inside:

SAM_1403_zpsb08af789.jpg

This is for my Halo 4 Rogue visor btw. I still have yet to use the really expensive specialized acrylic glue to assemble the pieces, but all in due time I guess :)

Attachments

• SAM_1374_zpsd127a316.jpg
    SAM_1374_zpsd127a316.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 343
  • SAM_1380_zpscc31ad40.jpg
    SAM_1380_zpscc31ad40.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 330
  • SAM_1401_zpsff8aabaa.jpg
    SAM_1401_zpsff8aabaa.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 312
  • SAM_1403_zpsb08af789.jpg
    SAM_1403_zpsb08af789.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 219
Hey guys I found an awesome tutorial to help you guys dye your visor hope you find it useful and if you have any visor suggestions post below!

One thing im going can try for the hexagon pattern is find a place that makes vinyl transfers and have them make a stencil, or print and cut one myself.
Apply the stencil to the visor and start dyeing the visor, then remove the stencil about half way through the dyeing process then finish dyeing the visor.
Then apply a one way mirror vinyl tint to the inside of the visor to give it that mirror look.
What do you guys think?

This is one thing I've been really unsure about too. This gives me some ideas though. Cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back