Got Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We are hard at work, creating categories and populating them was pep and OBJ files thanks to a few members (well... 4 really)... but we want MORE!!! ANYONE can upload files to the archive area, so if you have pep files, please be sure to upload and share them!

We still are working on our Reach and Halo 4 folders so please be patient!

I may have to go through my personal pep index. :p I have files that are NO longer around and can't be found on the wiki or the 4shared database that was created. There is so much to go through though! D:

Upvote 0
For examples sake i'll use Reach. When i click Reach it comes up with the OBJ, UNSC, and Covenant. But when I go into UNSC there's nowhere to put some generic items. I was wondering if you had thought of putting a section for generic or character specific files, otherwise I have no idea where to put the Spine armor, TacPad, or Jorge's Backpack since its not character specific.

Upvote 0
I have an updated and better looking Halo Wars Helmet as well as the Halo Wars Torso. I'll light a fire under my chair to finish unfolding it.

Upvote 0
For examples sake i'll use Reach. When i click Reach it comes up with the OBJ, UNSC, and Covenant. But when I go into UNSC there's nowhere to put some generic items. I was wondering if you had thought of putting a section for generic or character specific files, otherwise I have no idea where to put the Spine armor, TacPad, or Jorge's Backpack since its not character specific.

Those can go into the general Reach folder, although, as I said... Reach is not complete.

Upvote 0
I know its not complete, I was just wondering where to put them for the time being until it gets complete.

Here is our current list of folders to add:

Halo4->MarkVI
Halo4->Warrior
Halo4->Soldier
Halo4->Scout
Halo4->Recon
Halo4->Hazop
Halo4->orbital
Halo4->Infiltrator
Halo4->Wetwork
Halo4->Pioneer
Halo4->Engineer
Halo4->Tracker
Halo4->Rogue
Halo4->Stalker
Halo4->PathFinder
Halo4->Operator
Halo4->WarMaster
Halo4->Recruit
Halo4->Fotus
Halo4->Strider
Halo4->Scanner
Halo4->CIO
Halo4->Venator
Halo4->Gungir
Halo4->Oceanic
Halo4->EOD
Halo4->Air Assault
Halo4->Aviator
Halo4->Defender
Halo4->Locus
Halo4->Eva
Halo4->Enforcer
Halo4->Vanguard
Halo4->MKVI
Halo4->Deadeye
Halo4->Raider
Halo4->Commando
Halo4->Ranger
Halo4->Protector
Halo4->Weapons

Upvote 0
that would be a .stl/.dxf file or just the raw .3ds or .obj . There are allot of extensions for printing

Upvote 0
OK, for now we will at stl files to our extensions so you can upload them. When you post them, please make sure you title them as 3D-PRINTABLE files so people won't confuse them. I am wondering if they should get a folder of their own... like we did for the OBJ files.

Upvote 0
Hey Art, in regards to the uploading of files, can we just upload willy nilly (with complete/unfolded files of course); or do we need a check over and/or ok from a staff member first? also, if we have downloaded files for a certain armor type (i have a few H4 EOD pieces), but we are not the original modeler/ unfolder, can we still upload them?

cheers,
jimmay

Upvote 0
Jimmay,

We have a couple of members who are overseeing and editing the uploads as needed so you are welcome to upload whatever you think will be useful to others.

Yes, you can upload files that were created by someone else as long as you didn't pay to get them and as long as you credit the creator if they are known.

Hey Art, in regards to the uploading of files, can we just upload willy nilly (with complete/unfolded files of course); or do we need a check over and/or ok from a staff member first? also, if we have downloaded files for a certain armor type (i have a few H4 EOD pieces), but we are not the original modeler/ unfolder, can we still upload them?

cheers,
jimmay

Upvote 0
Jimmay,

We have a couple of members who are overseeing and editing the uploads as needed so you are welcome to upload whatever you think will be useful to others.

Yes, you can upload files that were created by someone else as long as you didn't pay to get them and as long as you credit the creator if they are known.

Copy that Art, thankyou for the clarification. ill upload what i have and see how i can help :)

Upvote 0
Would be awesome if more people could contribute and keep adding to the File archive.
If you happened to have some files that havn't bin added yet, feel free to add them yourselves!

Don't worry if you don't see the subsection you need. Just give me a pm and i'll add it.
And have no fear of making mistakes, I curate the archive a few times a day.

Upvote 0
I'll do my best to upload some files once I'm back from PAX. But, I've lost track of some of the original modelers over the years, and renamed a bunch of files to better fit with my organization during builds. What's the protocol on handling these kinds of unknowns?

Upvote 0
I'll do my best to upload some files once I'm back from PAX. But, I've lost track of some of the original modelers over the years, and renamed a bunch of files to better fit with my organization during builds. What's the protocol on handling these kinds of unknowns?

Upload anyway and list as author unknown. We can always edit it later if the creator comes forward.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back