Got Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We are hard at work, creating categories and populating them was pep and OBJ files thanks to a few members (well... 4 really)... but we want MORE!!! ANYONE can upload files to the archive area, so if you have pep files, please be sure to upload and share them!

We still are working on our Reach and Halo 4 folders so please be patient!

There is another thing that just came to mind. Over the years that I have been a member here, I collected and saved MANY pepakura files. Modelers from years ago eventually left the site and asked that their models be removed from the database (as there used to be one years ago) and did NOT want their models being distributed. I know I have some of said files, but I don't remember all exactly which ones they were. D:

Upvote 0
There is another thing that just came to mind. Over the years that I have been a member here, I collected and saved MANY pepakura files. Modelers from years ago eventually left the site and asked that their models be removed from the database (as there used to be one years ago) and did NOT want their models being distributed. I know I have some of said files, but I don't remember all exactly which ones they were. D:

If you know it was someone who asked to have their content taken down, then don't post it. If you don't know, then post it up and put author unknown. If the creator comes back and wants them removed, we will remove them upon request.

Upvote 0
Can anyone just upload it to the archive or what's the process for that? I've converted a few files to foam and as I work through will eventually have made a full Prefect foam conversion.

- Gray

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is just me but how do I upload files? I can't seem to find the place to do it.

open a subsection and you will see it.
If the subsection you need doesn't exist, pm me and i'll make one.

Attachments

• here.jpg
    here.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0
Was just about to say, am I the only one not seeing any option anywhere to upload OR download anything?

Upvote 0
We had our first 10 000 downloads today. Hurray!

Hopefully with many more downloads and new files to come!

Attachments

• 10000.jpg
    10000.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0
I've got a couple dozen high-quality files to upload, but holding off until Art Andrews fixes the uploading issues I'm having with the archive. Haven't heard from him in several days...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
What issues are you having? I may be able to help a little.

For the issues below, refer to http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=46 for how it should be functioning, and refer to http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=659 for how it is functioning (for me, anyway).

1. Uploaded image tagged as Thumbnail (H3 Mk VI LD Antecubital.jpg) is correctly displaying as the thumbnail image, but is incorrectly included in the Files download list. It should not be in the download list if it's designated as Thumbnail.
  2. Uploaded images tagged as Screenshot (H3 Mk VI LD Antecubital.gif) are not displaying as Screenshots, and are also incorrectly included in the Files download list. They should be in the Screenshots section (below Files) if they're designated as Screenshot. (And yes, GIF is a valid file type since Art Andrews added support for it.)
  3. There is no Owner text box on the initial Upload page nor on the Edit page for assigning additional members as author of the file. rundown has indicated to me in PM that a file can have multiple owners if they're entered in the Owner text box, but there is no such text box.
  4. Members entered for Private Users do not seem to be getting saved with the file, because after saving private users to the post and then clicking Edit, the Private Users field is blank. (The owner's view of a post should also include which private users are assigned.)
Screenshot.jpg

What's frustrating is that I see posts in the archive that look the way I want mine to look, like ID 46, but my upload is not generating similar results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
What's frustrating is that I see posts in the archive that look the way I want mine to look, like ID 46, but my upload is not generating similar results.

Your file appears to be working as intended. I can see your thumbnail without issue, and the [MENTION] tags are working without issue.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back