[COMPLETE] Halo 4 Prefect Variant Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HALO 4 Prefect Foam build (+ Foam Pep Files!)

Updating first post with a little info about what I'm thinking for the undersuit/strapping. I'm thinking as follows:
Top: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EKM2DG...olid=1J82B9R8E8WWG&coliid=I5Y8YNGVCQST0&psc=1
Bottom: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EKMR90...lid=1J82B9R8E8WWG&coliid=I3014F5OKDG2VT&psc=1
Neck: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053TRUEC...TF8&colid=1J82B9R8E8WWG&coliid=I1PHBE0M2UCXW6
Gloves: http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Racing-Di...2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1407545938&sr=1-12

I chose these because they look durable but at the same time light and breathable (very important here in Arizona where it's hot hot hot).

I want to secure the pieces that need securing mostly with snaps and pressure.. Snaps will be something like this:

I'm thinking the parts that will need snaps are: Glove plate, forearm, shoulder, elbow, bicep, thigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
HALO 4 Prefect Foam build (+ Foam Pep Files!)

Long time no update. Well.. School started and got in my way plus I lost a little motivation but I'm back at it! First time wearing upper body + finished a thigh piece. I'm pretty happy with the thigh piece, it fits well and looks pretty clean.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408830096.654120.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408830105.936353.jpg

The shoulder pieces look a bit small but... I'm not sure if I want to re do them.

looking good brother!! You doing a destiny build to join us at saboten? My titan is nearly finished I put more pics up this morning.

looking good brother!! You doing a destiny build to join us at saboten? My titan is nearly finished I put more pics up this morning.

Thanks!!

No, unfortunately I can't go to saboten, I'm going on a trip on Sunday and Monday. My dad and I are flying to Missouri and buying a car (78' fiat x1/9) then driving it back. If I wasn't doing that then I would put more work into getting this suit done in time for saboten.

- Gray

Thanks!!

No, unfortunately I can't go to saboten, I'm going on a trip on Sunday and Monday. My dad and I are flying to Missouri and buying a car (78' fiat x1/9) then driving it back. If I wasn't don't that then I would put more work into getting this suit done in time for saboten.

- Gray

that sucks would have been fun with you joining us but fair enough. You planning on getting destiny?

that sucks would have been fun with you joining us but fair enough. You planning on getting destiny?

Not 100% sure... I have an xbox and ps3 I could play it on but I might just wait to see if they end up releasing it on PC late since that is the only thing I really play on nowadays. I really want to get it though and really hope they brings it to PC D:

- Gray

Not 100% sure... I have an xbox and ps3 I could play it on but I might just wait to see if they end up releasing it on PC late since that is the only thing I really play on nowadays. I really want to get it though and really hope they brings it to PC D:

If I read correctly it will not be coming to pc unless they change their minds cause mainly everyone that's preordered has it for console and the numbers exceeded for console so they only wanted to run it there. I have mine preordered for the 360, probably gonna wear the titan to the release lol.

If I read correctly it will not be coming to pc unless they change their minds cause mainly everyone that's preordered has it for console and the numbers exceeded for console so they only wanted to run it there. I have mine preordered for the 360, probably gonna wear the titan to the release lol.

Yeah currently it's just for console but I'm holding out hope they'll chance their mind, the devs have been quoted saying that they think the pc is an ideal platform for a game like destiny. However the money they are getting from m$ and Sony to keep it on console at least for release is huge. I might end up getting it for 360 or ps3 if there's others on here who will be playing it on that.

- Gray

Yeah currently it's just for console but I'm holding out hope they'll chance their mind, the devs have been quoted saying that they think the pc is an ideal platform for a game like destiny. However the money they are getting from m$ and Sony to keep it on console at least for release is huge. I might end up getting it for 360 or ps3 if there's others on here who will be playing it on that.

well the guys from the saboten page are all on 360 so that's me, roxy, rosh, and zero but there is also a post floating around with the tags of all the guys who are on xbox and ps.

i thought id chime in and let you know they are releasing destiny for PC but its going to be sometime spring 2015 also nice armor its definitely coming together really well!

i thought id chime in and let you know they are releasing destiny for PC but its going to be sometime spring 2015 also nice armor its definitely coming together really well!

Yay! Sauce on that? Also thanks for the compliment, unfortunately not going to have any more updates on the armor for probably a week because I'm super busy this weekend.

- Gray

Well, long time no update. I have all the body pieces done and put a lot of detailing into them but didn't really take any pictures along the way. Pushing to get to a wearable state for Friday, but I'm not going to have a helmet or boots... Whatever, I just buzzed my hair off for the Spartan look anyway :p All parts are (plasti)dipped and will be painting today. Not many pictures yet but it looks pretty sweet to me, will have finished pics tomorrow hopefully...

(More work has been done since this pic, mostly addition of an ab plate and modifications to elbows... Sorry for bad lighting)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414697618.853119.jpg

Thigh pieces after dip

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414697702.977310.jpg

Whatever, I just buzzed my hair off for the Spartan look anyway :p
That's 405th level dedication there, mate. Anyway, it's looking really good, though I always felt that the GEN2 armour had too many exposed areas. Good luck getting it all done by tomorrow!

That's 405th level dedication there, mate. Anyway, it's looking really good, though I always felt that the GEN2 armour had too many exposed areas. Good luck getting it all done by tomorrow!

Haha thanks!

Paint progress... Base red coat done, now time for some white!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414715527.963496.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414715514.447382.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414715544.013429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And paint is done! Looks so cool if I do say so myself, can't wait to wear it tomorrow!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414733923.148306.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414733934.314182.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414733944.480514.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414733956.597835.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414733965.430991.jpg

I see so many things I would like to improve, but I'm still happy with it for my first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's me before football game. Everyone loved it but I really want to get a helmet done.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414821618.649003.jpg

I'm now in the process of upgrading my suit. I am making new shoulders based on the Impact Props templates, adding undersuit detail, and adding a few pieces I was missing before.

Here's the new shoulders before paint
IMG_2474.jpg

I'm applying the undersuit using clear 100% Silicone I since the pieces are made from Smooth-On Dragonskin which is silicone and so silicone is basically the only thing that will stick to it. There is lycra on the back but I am way to lazy to hand sew all of it. The silicone seems to make a really strong bond so far; I'm pretty encouraged. Here's the first few pieces I attached:

IMG_2488.jpg

And finally here's a picture of all the current progress.

IMG_2485.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back