ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODSTRasmus

Hey everyone im new to the whole cosplay costume making Lol. But I finally found out to get pepakura and Im installing it as we speak but Ive been watching many videos on how to make the helment. One thing spoke out and its the Visor now I thought of going to pax with the helmet and no visor like I just never put anything in its still painted paper. So that way for pictures I can just slip it on. But I really do want to make a visor for it and do yall know where I can either find one or a video on how to make one? Lastly im from the Issaquah area in washington and I was wondering if there was anyone here from the 405th that lives around here that could help me with my costume and if you are going to PAX in late august.
Thanks everyone!
Cameron

Most people buy a visor, like a motorcycle visor. Yes, you may have to use a dremel to cut it to size, but you can find and order them online or I think you can go to place that sells motorcycle stuff and buy a visor from there.

As for an ODST visor though, to get that shape it has, I have seen some people get creative and use colored plastic from something like a 2 liter bottle and cut it to shape or people have vacuum formed a visor. I can't really explain how to do that as I have never done it myself so I don't know much about it.

Umm I am just asking so that I under stand correctly.

The helmet is (only) going to be paper, or are you going to fiberglass it first? <-- (Fiberglass is recommended)

Assuming that you are going to fiber glass the helmet the visor is very basic but at the same time hard to mirror; as the visor is a two piece (or double) visor, split along a arcing horizontal section from left to right - making a top visor and bottom visor. I am planning on completing an ODST this fall as well and if i find an easy way to make it I will let you know.

But i think you can do a simple clear visor easy enough buy following some of the instruction here on the forums and looking at reference pictures.

Good luck on your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back