Destiny Ghost OBJ file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demogorgon

3D Print ready STL files: HERE (This has small details not suitable for pep.)
Edited Pepakura unfold by Zaff : HERE
Original Pepakura unfold by Zaff : HERE

There are other unfolds by members of this community throughout the thread if you would like to take a gander at them.

Hey guys. Decided to have a go at modeling the Destiny Ghost in SolidWorks. I've uploaded the .OBJ file HERE

Destiny_ghost_3.jpg Destiny_ghost_2.jpg Destiny_ghost_1.jpg

I'll work on an unfold but I need to dramatically reduce the amount of poly's on the spheres first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking really nice , Demogorgon. What do you plan on doing next after this.

Looking really nice , Demogorgon. What do you plan on doing next after this.

Thanks Crimmson.

I plan on building either a Titan or Hunter for the midnight launch, I just can't decide haha. I've built the Titan thigh pieces in foam that you modeled so I may just build the titan. Hopefully I can use the 3D Printer at work to print out the ghost. Modeling wise, I'm not sure haha. I may model up some more Titan parts.

Just for funzies going to take a crack at unfolding it as-is. Already noticed a couple "Free floating" pieces, although whether they're detached from the model or just tacked over it for thickness I can't quite tell.

Just for funzies going to take a crack at unfolding it as-is. Already noticed a couple "Free floating" pieces, although whether they're detached from the model or just tacked over it for thickness I can't quite tell.

Yeah I popped it over into pep designer and see the floating faces you are talking about. SolidWorks doesn't export obj files so I had to import the sldprt file into 3ds max, then export as obj. I tried importing an STL file and the faces still show up. I've never used SolidWorks for pepakura purposes so I have some bugs to figure out haha

Yeah I popped it over into pep designer and see the floating faces you are talking about. SolidWorks doesn't export obj files so I had to import the sldprt file into 3ds max, then export as obj. I tried importing an STL file and the faces still show up. I've never used SolidWorks for pepakura purposes so I have some bugs to figure out haha

I could fix that for you, i'll give you a fixed version this evening ;)

Looks awesome!

I'm not sure on the sizing but I wonder about doing this without the center sphere and building around a racket/lacrosse ball?

I'm afraid the model is unusable. I had a look at it and the sphere has waaay to many poly's.

Yep, since the object already should fit in the palm of your hand especially. The uv sphere has to many poly's to pep. You would be using a toothpick.

Haha yeah, I just assumed that whoever made it would use an already existing something, like a golf ball or similar.

Haha yeah, I just assumed that whoever made it would use an already existing something, like a golf ball or similar.

But the inside of the trapezoid thingy is partly also a sphere. So unless you remodel it, I wouldn't suggest pepping this.

I was able to fix the floating faces in 3Ds Max. I'm pretty sure I know what caused them. I've uploaded a new version which I also reduced the poly count on the spheres.

http://www.4shared.com/file/ER-LlF0Oba/Destiny_ghost_4.html

Maybe this one will be a little more pep friendly haha. I think the size of the ghost should be 100mm tall.

When I was tinkering with the original, I had it at 150mm (about 6 inches). Possibly could go a tad larger, since my hand from "heel" to fingertip is 7 3/4 inches, but 6 seems like it would be about right.

Edit: I finished unfolding and have uploaded the file to my 4shared folder (link in signature or direct link to file here)

Thank you Zaff. I've started attempting to put this thing together as my first build. Il post a progress thread when I get a chance. I probably will skip doing the inner sphere and use something else lying around

Thank you Zaff. I've started attempting to put this thing together as my first build. Il post a progress thread when I get a chance. I probably will skip doing the inner sphere and use something else lying around

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back