Destiny Hunter build! (First ever Foam build; Scratchbuild (Sorta); Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goboy3133

Hey guys!
So since the Destiny Beta was closed, I've been suffering a serious case of PDW (Post Destiny Withdrawal), and with nothing to fill the hole left in my heart (until the full game comes out), I've turned to cosplaying my Hunter Guardian from the Beta, which can be seen below:
IMG_4801.PNG IMG_4805.PNG

I've begun working on the armour, starting with the chest piece, which is this one:
IMG_4820.PNG

Seeing as there aren't any pep files that I've seen, or any foam templates, and I have some foam left over from other projects that I started and never finished, so I decided to make some templates from reference pictures. I'm not the best at this kind of stuff, seeing as I'm no artist, and I'm trying as hard as I can to try and be true to the outfit, this is what I have so far:
IMG_4824.JPG
IMG_4942.JPG
IMG_4943.JPG
IMG_4944.JPG
IMG_4946.JPG
IMG_4948.JPG
*Sorry for the sideways photos, I don't know what happened there*

This is my first ever foam build on this level, so I'm still trying to figure out how to work it all out. I cut out the shoulder as well (the big one) but I kinda stuffed that up a bit, so I'm going to work on that later in the week. I also tested out a Hunter Knife, seeing as I'm hoping to add some prop weapons to the build as well, but the test run was a little too small, and 3 cm shy of the actual in game size (which I found from when Bungie posted the reference pictures).

I'll be working on this over the next coming weeks, so I hope you guys enjoy!
Until the next update, I'll see you guys later!
-goboy3133

Hey guys!
Just a small update, I've just about finished building the upper chest part, and now I just need to sand it down (although I did some of that before I put the black half circles on) then I can leave it for a while. I think I may have accentuated the little detail parts at the bottom of the chest a bit too much (seeing as it's not like that on the model, but oh well, you live and you learn) so I guess there's that.

Here's what it looks like now (I may have over used the hot glue just a tad :p)
IMG_4952.JPG
IMG_4953.JPG

I'll work on it a bit more over the next week or so
Until the next update, I'll see you guys later!
-goboy3133

Hey guys! Just a quick second update for the day, just before I go to bed for school tomorrow. (Like my signature says, I'm a 16 year old Aussie secondary school student)
I started work on the boot (seeing as only one has any armour really) and this is what I've done so far:
image.jpg

That's it for today, but I may be heading to my aunts on the weekend, so I'll talk to her about working in the fabric sections, and the under suit, seeing she made an assassins creed costume for Armageddon last year. I also managed to cut myself for the first time ever while cutting the two pieces out (just a little scratch cut, so I'll live :p)

Until next update, I'll catch you guys later!
-goboy3133

Hey guys!
I've been sick the past couple of days, so I haven't really done anything on the costume, but I've just about fully finished the upper chest and the leg armour, which can be seen below:
IMG_4975.JPG
IMG_4976.JPG
IMG_4977.JPG
IMG_4978.JPG
IMG_4979.JPG
IMG_4980.JPG

As you can see, I've just about finished the leg armour, which, once completed, will hopefully be attacked to the boot by Velcro, so that it has the look of no straps, like it does in game. I also added that little line bump to the chest piece, to make it 100% completed, just about.
IMG_4981.JPG
IMG_4982.JPG
IMG_4983.JPG

As you can see, I tried to seal the edges with a light application of hot glue (seeing as I'm getting used to how much hot glue is needed, and how to use the gun and what not) to give it a more uniform look, and it came out really great! All that's really left armour wise I think is the shoulder, the helmet and the under chest section. I'm going to see if I can make a Ghost as well, seeing as I found the files for it, and see about the under armour.

Until next update, I'll catch you guys around!
-goboy3133

What's up guys! So I haven't done much lately in terms of the costume, until just recently. I finally tried my hand at making chest armour, and this is what it's come out as so far. It's not done yet, so hopefully I can get it done over the next couple of days, shape wise.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm debating whether to make a helmet for it, or just have a 'social' style hunter. If I do that, I'll add the helmet later on in the future. I've already cut out the shoulder, I just need to work on that, and get some boots for the legs, then get my aunt to help me with the under suit.

Until next update, catch you guys later!
-goboy3133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back