[Gaming] The 405th's Destiny Clan (Caution: Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking about the colors, right? Just use a shader. There aren't a whole lot but some of them are good.

That's a bit of a wait, though, since you have to be level 20 to use any shader (which quite honestly is stupid). If you haven't been able to dedicate several hours (or days) into grinding, or you're just starting a new class, "just use a shader" doesn't help much. And finding a shader that has a color combination you like is even harder. I was lucky that the freebie "Double Banshee" shader happened to be a close match for me, but the "default" Raven Sheath III had the same general colors but in a more dynamic scheme, but it came down to a choice between keeping the color I liked, or gaining another 80 defense and better abilities.

It never really occurred to me you had to be level 20 to use a shader. That is a little unfortunate. When it comes down to looks or stats, stats always wins for me even if the previous armor looks awesome. I kind of just move on knowing i will find something better out there.

Agreed, I don't exactly have the most color coordinated guy, but at least I've got a lot of defense for my level!

I just got another Legendary item: the Astrolord Gauntlets. They look awesome, but they upgrade the reload speed of pulse rifles. :/

That was the most annoying part of finding better/cooler looking gear. The old stuff would have the abilities I wanted, but the new would improve everything else (better defense/strength/discipline/etc.). Found a perfect chest piece, though, and a rare one, too. Allows me to carry more ammo for both Scout and Sniper rifles. All it needs is a higher Light rating.

I'm wanting to specialize in discipline and intellect, but my strength = 285, int = 47, disc = 41 xD. Whatever gave me more light I equipped ahaha. I'll be switching from Dead Orbit to FWC.

Dead Orbit gear focuses on Discipline and Strength.

Future War Cult gear focuses on Discipline and Intellect.

New Monarchy gear focuses on Strength and Intellect.

Hopefully this helps some choose the right faction for your play style.

Anyone else having trouble with the Bungie website only loading part of your Guardian model? It will show the helmet, shoulder pads, bits and pieces of the wrist and boots (basically all the "hard armor" parts) of my Warlock, but nothing else. I don't have any device that can handle the app (why we can't have it on a laptop I just don't get) so I'm stuck with b.net.

I finally have my MBF (The Jigoku SR3)! And I find myself really regretting swapping out my Raven Sheath armor. Granted the Axiom Coven replacement has like 20 better defense and still has the scout rifle ammo boost... it just doesn't look as cool as the Raven Sheath III's blue and silver.

For starters, update your Flash/Java/Silverlight.
I'm not sure what bungie.net is using these days, but that would be a good start.
Only download manual updates from their source, do not go to a 3rd party to download them. Keeping things up to date that have to do with web-browsing is good to do. On the other hand, with programs that don't relate to online security and protection, sometimes I prefer not to update them.

If you really want to access the app, look up Bluestacks.
It's a program that can run Android apps. Not sure if it can run the Destiny Companion app, but it can do a lot of other apps.
There is also Genymotion, which is a full Android VM that runs with the assistance of VirtualBox, but you will have to jump through a lot of hoops trying to get it to run. Last time I checked, people were having issues with getting it up and running (probably later versions had some key things that broke them), but I booted it up today and it still works fairly decently for me.

I'm wanting to specialize in discipline and intellect, but my strength = 285, int = 47, disc = 41 xD. Whatever gave me more light I equipped ahaha. I'll be switching from Dead Orbit to FWC.

Dead Orbit gear focuses on Discipline and Strength.

Future War Cult gear focuses on Discipline and Intellect.

New Monarchy gear focuses on Strength and Intellect.

Hopefully this helps some choose the right faction for your play style.

So you can effectively "champion" all three factions? I've been noticing I like bits and pieces of gear from each faction, but no one faction has a full set of gear that I really like. So can I "champion" one faction until I get the gear I want, and then switch to another? Heh, which brings up a rather key question, how does one champion a faction in the first place? Is it just a matter of doing patrol missions assigned by those factions (i.e. "Dead Orbit has a standing bounty on Fallen in this area," "The Future War Cult is looking for tech in this area," etc.) or is there something later in the storyline that triggers/unlocks factions? I'm just now getting to the moon. Yea, I got to level 21 before leaving Earth. Heck, was at 20 just going far enough to open up the Patrol mission on Earth.

For starters, update your Flash/Java/Silverlight.
I'm not sure what bungie.net is using these days, but that would be a good start.
Only download manual updates from their source, do not go to a 3rd party to download them. Keeping things up to date that have to do with web-browsing is good to do. On the other hand, with programs that don't relate to online security and protection, sometimes I prefer not to update them.

If you really want to access the app, look up Bluestacks.
It's a program that can run Android apps. Not sure if it can run the Destiny Companion app, but it can do a lot of other apps.
There is also Genymotion, which is a full Android VM that runs with the assistance of VirtualBox, but you will have to jump through a lot of hoops trying to get it to run. Last time I checked, people were having issues with getting it up and running (probably later versions had some key things that broke them), but I booted it up today and it still works fairly decently for me.

I'm running XP on my desktop and Vista on my laptop, both using Google Chrome as the browser and they both say everything (flash, silverlight, etc) is "up to date."

Zaff, Absolutely. All you have to do is wear that faction's class gear (Cape, Waist banner, Arm Band) and level up the reputation by doing strikes, bounties, crucible, etc. etc. You can buy them from the faction vendor. By default, you earn rep with the vanguard (PvE) and crucible (PvP), but when you put on the faction class gear, you earn rep from both PvP and PvE. You need rep level 2 with any faction to buy gear and weapons which takes forever, which is why I am sticking with the vanguard until I can buy the gear there (which I only need a little more rep for level 2). Once I have vanguard level 2 I'll be wearing my FWC cape and level up the rep for FWC.

Last edited by a moderator:
You buy them from the faction vendor. They cost 2,500 glimmer and you have to be level 20 to wear it. There are 2 different designs to choose from, you only need to buy 1 and equip it.

Can you wear the gear from multiple factions simultaneously and level them up simultaneously?

Can you wear the gear from multiple factions simultaneously and level them up simultaneously?

You only have one "class item" slot, so I'd imagine that's a no. I'm not sure if wearing any other gear counts for anything. But I do remember Bungie saying something about only being able to "rep" one faction. You can't even gain Faction and Vanguard experience at the same time.

Just looked up all the Exotic items.
Yeah, I didn't realize it was class-item specific when I asked. I thought you might be able to get a helmet or something.

Fellow Guardians! I have posted a new raid opening on our clan's forum page. If anybody on the 360 wants to join me on Thursday to try the Vault of Glass, please let me know!

Fellow Guardians! I have posted a new raid opening on our clan's forum page. If anybody on the 360 wants to join me on Thursday to try the Vault of Glass, please let me know!

I can try, but I'm going to need to level up hardcore before tomorrow.

Maybe we can get some people together tonight to rush me through. I'm currently level 8.

EDIT: OP Updated.

Made it to Level 15 last night and finished up the Moon.

Venus Baby!

I just finished the Moon yesterday as well, and I'm at level 22.

I've also determined that Bungie/Activision is toying with me. I like the stat focus (Intellect and Discipline) of the Future War Cult, the color scheme of Dead Orbit, and the clothing style of the New monarchy. As it stands I'm already going to have to mix and match just to get the perks I want (focus on scout rifle, sniper rifle, and grenade throwing distance) as they don't all fall under the same set no matter which faction they belong to.

Now, does the old woman in the tower ever sell any shaders other than polar oak, jester apogee, aurora blur, and provincial royale? And where does one find other shaders? According to Destinytracker there's 52 different shaders.

Why go into a particular faction instead of just staying in the vanguard and ranking it up?

In terms of gear, if I go with a faction I plan on doing New Monarchy for their focus on Intellect and Strength. Super and Melee are more important to me than grenade, especially as a Titan where your melee can work towards charging your super.

Zaff, add me on XBL if you plan on being on 3 hours from now. That's when I should be booting my console up for the day.
At least send me a message I can use to invite you from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back