[Gaming] The 405th's Destiny Clan (Caution: Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, does the old woman in the tower ever sell any shaders other than polar oak, jester apogee, aurora blur, and provincial royale? And where does one find other shaders? According to Destinytracker there's 52 different shaders.

I haven't seen her sell anything else. I've gotten my shaders mostly through playing the Crucible and various strikes. I'm rolling with Achilles right now (Orange and Silver) until I find something I like more.

I don't really know when exactly I'll be on. Heh, and usually as soon as I do get on one of three friends will almost immediately be asking me to round out their fireteam. I rarely ever fly solo any more, which is both good and bad in a way. I Feel like I get more out of it when it's just me and I don't have to worry about keeping up with or straying too far ahead of everyone else.

I haven't seen her sell anything else. I've gotten my shaders mostly through playing the Crucible and various strikes. I'm rolling with Achilles right now (Orange and Silver) until I find something I like more.

Aside from what she sells, the two 9-digit code shaders, and the CoD:AW shader a friend scored for me, I have not seen any other shaders at all. I've been avoiding the Crucible like the plague. I'm not sure if, or how much, it's changed since the Beta, but when I played it there it was basically "If you're a Titan, you win all encounters with any other class unless 2-3 people drop supers on you all at once or at least one of them is also a Titan." It was garbage.

I've been avoiding the Crucible like the plague. I'm not sure if, or how much, it's changed since the Beta, but when I played it there it was basically "If you're a Titan, you win all encounters with any other class unless 2-3 people drop supers on you all at once or at least one of them is also a Titan." It was garbage.

They changed it to "Be a hunter, pull the trigger, win. The 2nd item is optional."

Well, I went through and updated everything, flash, java, and silverlight, and I tried that Bluestacks, which nearly killed my computer, and it still won't load a full character model. Not on b-net, not for the brief moments that Bluestacks worked, not on the the Destiny Tracker Shader Previewer, and through the previewer I was able to check the gamertags of a couple people who have TItan and Hunter characters, and they were also only partially rendered. No idea what the problem is.

It's looking like I'll have to step into the crucible, though, because that seems to be where the majority of shaders are handed out. Hoping for Bittersteel, Revenant, Super Black, The Hanged Man, Stolen Chalice and/or Sparkle Pony.

Heh, yea definitely not the most "manly" of names, but it's one of the only blue and silver shaders available.

I want the Bloodpact shader and The Hanged Man. (For my Titan)
I would also be happy with having fewer terrible shaders and more that actually look decent.

EDIT:
I would also like Million Million and The Nowhere for my Warlock
Bittersteel and Stolen Chalice would be decent for a Hunter, but I dislike almost every hunter helmet.

i just recently got destiny (yesterday to be exact) and was wondering if i could join the clan? im on xbox 360 and my gamertag is ODSTSICKXXXX and my bungie profile name is nerdtron99.

Today was the first day I started having connection issues, getting cattle and caterpillar all the time, unable to play at all. After about an hour everything seemed to be back in order though. Fireryne, I hope the connection issue fixes itself soon so we can complete a strike xD. I enjoy playing with you guys,

For those not on the Bungie clan forums, Xbox One players will be having a raid next weekend, August 26 around 6:00 pm EST (the time can change depending on needs of those participating). We have 3 guardians currenttly participating, DaSlacker, Frozensnot, and myself (GT: WOLFGANGTHOR). 3 More are needed for the raid so if you're interested, send me a message!

As for my main character:

Currently lvl 27 Hunter - Gunslinger

I'm working on my third Exotic (Bad JuJu pulse rifle bounty). I'm on the last part of the bounty which is to get 10,000 points in the crucible (+75 points per kill, -50 points per death is how the scoring works for the bounty). My other exotics are the GJALLAHORN rocket launcher and the something something ALPHA LUPI chest.

One thing that frustrates me to no end in the crucible is that it seems the worst players get the best loot. A prime example: I was in a game where I went 28 / 3 and got absolutely nothing. The bottom player on our team went 3 / 18 and got the exotic auto rifle Red Death and a legendary engram.... yeah I raged a little after that. It seems every time I'm at the top of the leaderboard I get nothing, and games where I screw around and don't play the objective, I get decent loot.

Sometimes I hate RNG. Bungie needs to consult Blizzard about how they implement RNG with Diablo xD.

Overall though, I absolutely love Destiny. What most people that complain about the game don't understand is that Destiny is a grinding/farming game in an FPS style. All the Halo and CoD fans that have never played games like WoW or Diablo, or any other loot based games, are totally missing the point of Destiny and complain all day long about how bad the game is. It's not bad at all, it's just not the type of game you were expecting. For me, it's the perfect combination of my love for loot based games and first person shooters. I can't wait to see what the future DLCs have to bring!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it necessary to actually learn how to assign a static IP address and run through the process of opening up like 9 different ports (half for XBL, the other half specifically for Destiny) before I was able to play more than 5 minutes at a time without getting booted back to orbit. The only downside is, you can only open ports for one device, and we have two consoles.

So far my primary Warlock sits at level 24, all gear rare or uncommon (except a Mark and a pair of boots from the Vanguard). So far I've only received two legendary engrams, and both turned into Titan gear, but at least one of those was exotic.

This picture sums up the Cryptarch xD

ByAxmK1CMAApfIy.jpg

Anyone have 'an Insurmountable Skullfort' ? Titan Exotic helmet, I think.

Can't find shots of the side/back, nor detailed video of the lights' animation.

Hey fellow Xbox360-ers, today I will be working on accomplishing the Level 22 weekly as well as focusing on doing some Reputation farming.
I would love it if some of you joined me.

You must be level 20+.

Keep in mind that for every faction level you reach (lv.3 and above) that you are given Legendary gear as a gift.

For Faction Reputation Farming, I strongly recommend viewing the following:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...he_fastest_reputation_farming_method_for_all/
http://youtu.be/kr41CIlL7Tc

For those of you who like myself are struggling at getting past level 20, leveling up your faction is the fastest and most reliable way to get Light equipment and Legendary Gear.

I hope some of you will be interested in joining me later today!

I spent about 2-3 hours last night at the Cave of Plunder. Time well spent. Got a legendary helmet (one of the same that the Warlock Vanguard sells), several motes of light and strange coins, and a legendary HMG. Also pushed my Cryptarch rank up to 7.

Anyone have any info on the Queen's Wrath event? Like where do we have to be to start it, does it require a certain amount of progression in the story and/or a specific character level? Thinking if it's a relatively quick event (not the 12+ hours that the raid is said to take) I might give that a try tonight maybe. If not, back to CoP.

It supposed to be above the vanguards. Instead of going down the steps to see them go up past the bounty board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back