Dragon*Con 2014 405th Dinner - NEW UPDATE, PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dragon*Con 2014 - 405th Dinner **GIVEAWAYS**

anything thats near the con will be hours of wait

Will update the list today guys. But we need to look at other options of restaurants, Mellow Mushroom is giving us a run around about allowing us to reserve an area. Please lets discuss other options, like Hooters, Max Lagers, Hard Rock?

I'm good with anywhere that is within a few blocks or the core hotels. Due to scheduling, I'll be meeting everyone directly at the place that is chosen, rather than meeting up at the marriot, for example.

I'll watch this thread closely, but for now my calendar still says Mellow Mushroom ;)

I also have some other goodies to add to the raffle\prize pile.

anything thats near the con will be hours of wait

Link, thats the main reason I'm trying to reserve space, I know Hard Rock does reservations for groups over 30... but I will call numerous today and post the results...

Link, thats the main reason I'm trying to reserve space, I know Hard Rock does reservations for groups over 30... but I will call numerous today and post the results...

Sounds good, Hooters might also be able to do this, maybe get a firm reserve for 30, at least that place has typically more built in ability to move tables around as they become available. Or people who ate can then stand and allow others to sit and eat, but keep drinking or hang out. hopefully we can take over a whole corner area or something. :) Either way, just tell me when and where and i'll get there. :)

Hard Rock has MASSIVE space, and they do group Reservations, so I will call them here shortly. And I will update the numbers... for these kinds, it will be better if we have to many on the numbers we give to the restaurant, and show up with less... as they might make a small menu for us to choose from

Nice, or we could do more like a few appetizer platters or samich platters? everyone throws in 10 bucks or so then? I haven't been to this con or this hard rock, so I'm gunna be new everything there. But it'll be fun for sure!

Trans, you will be in for a WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE... DC is off the chain.

**8-25-2014 UPDATE! ALL READ!
Ok guys and gals, I have called 15 places total, and no one is accepting reservations at all except the Mellow Mushroom, and they only have 2 available times on Friday, 4:30pm, or 9:00pm and later... SO... we have 2 options...

We can move the dinner back or forward on Friday, or we can attempt to order a catered meal that we can bring to one of the hotels... it's iffy, but we can make it happen. I can call the Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott and see what I can make happen in that sense. But please, need EVERYONES feedback on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, everyone else good for 4:30.. .we can then do the raffle before food arrives... everyone copacetic with that?

Ok guys, this is really turning into a big headache, the best bet we have is to literally just show up somewhere on Friday and hope they can put us all together, our large number (which I honestly wasn't expecting from the previous turnouts) has really hindered us in booking anything.

So...

So far, more of the contingent says 4:30 is good. I know Hydra has a panel to go to at 1730. So we might set up everything, have the raffle and then her and I will have to quickly beat feet out of there. But... I will be setting up the reservation for 4:30 today, which means we need to begin movement from the Marriott lobby NLT 4:15pm. So meet up beginning at 4:00pm. Does this work for everyone?

Works for me, you tell me what to put in my phone and it will tell me where to go! :)

This goes for all the dragon con ops too, because I know we have a lot going on and I've lost track of all the threads so far.. :(

Would have been nice to keep that big dragon con banner at the top of the main page, but instead of it just for the parade, make it for all the dragon con things for 405th members to do, (a thread with the other threads in it) We could even have others of these for other cons as they come up over the year. :)

Well, there are somethings folks are doing rather than others, so it makes sense to keep them seperate. But I understand what you're getting at.

As well...

I have printed some shirts for myself and the Maker, so you guys will see us plain as day at the Marriott for gathering before dinner with the new logo on them....

Awesome, can't wait.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my suit and props tonight, so I hope to head out tomorrow night to start making my way down. :)

OK GUYS! WE ARE BOOKED! 4:20 is our arrival time at Mellow Mushroom, so we will bump it up a little bit more, and 4:10 will be our meeting time in the Marriott Lobby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back