Dragon*Con 2014 405th Dinner - NEW UPDATE, PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilmortar

**8-25-2014 UPDATE! ALL READ!
Ok guys and gals, I have called 15 places total, and no one is accepting reservations at all except the Mellow Mushroom, and they only have 2 available times on Friday, 4:30pm, or 9:00pm and later... SO... we have 2 options...

We can move the dinner back or forward on Friday, or we can attempt to order a catered meal that we can bring to one of the hotels... it's iffy, but we can make it happen. I can call the Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott and see what I can make happen in that sense. But please, need EVERYONES feedback on this.

***UPDATE 8-18-2014 -

WOWZERS!! 42 so far guys!! We might have to book the entire restaurant! This is great though. Updated the list, as well I am happy to announce we have a few more items that we will be raffling. 5 Prints by artist Jamie Snell - (Go see him in the art room next week!) and a few other small halo items like some inflatable Energy Swords.

**UPDATE TOWN! SO... everyone, I am proud to announce that we are going to have a PRIZE RAFFLE GIVEAWAY!
Justin (JUSTINIAN 117) of Stony Props is donating 1 Halo Magnum Pistol Kit for the grandprize, as well as 5 40mm HE Grenade casts donated by myself and Hydra (the Hydraworx Team) and other prizes.

Just gotta attend the dinner to be entered in the raffle. **

--UPDATE - 8-13-2014:--

Ok everyone, it's looking like Friday evening, at 6:30pm at the Mellow Mushroom. If we get more people we possibly will have to look at other venues due to the size. But the more the merrier. DISCUSS!--
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey all,

So I know last year we somewhat grouped up and chose last minute where we wanted to have a 405th Dinner (which made it's way to the Mellow Mushroom), I figured perhaps we can decide on a group concensus and we can make a reservation and such this year. So... Starting off... WHO WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE AND HAVE A SPOT AT THE 405TH ID DINNER?

Dinner Reservation #s:
1.Gilmore of OK
2.Hydra
3. The Grumbo - Adam +1
4. BRadinator
5. Sean MOTHA EFFIN Bradley +1
6. Link4044+2
7. Weephun +1
8. transmut1
9. ||Noble6||
10. des0late +4
11. gliderx64 +1
12. MidKnight
13. Dmaq
14. Cadet +1
15. Hotpockets +3
16. Kaya Tetsu +2
17. Blackblood
18. JSnellArt
19. Revenant +1
20. Phixix
21. gmstrowabarton +1
22. calladar +3
23. Spartan119

So yes, POST HEREif you want a spot at the dinner. Further we shall discuss when and where.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Not-as-Impromptu Dragon*Con 2014 405th Dinner

Sure, I'll fit it into my sched. :)

Pretty sure that I can make it.

- Justin

Ok, so it has been thrown out that maybe we should do Mellow Mushroom again.

So next topic, when and where???

I'd love to come with my wife. Schedule is filling up so time and place decided soon would be awesome.

Saturday, everyone will be tired from the parade and the photo shoot. I think Friday would be best.

If I can still make it down, I'm game for dinner!

I really need to find someone to crash with if possible, so if any of you have floor space, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll chip in for room pay too! I'm not a free loader.

I don't mean to cross threads, but is there a thread for the 405th Photoshoot?

K, so if we do Friday, I figure we should set it around 6:30 or 7 (mainly I know 2 photoshoots that are going to be holding numerous members at 5pm).

So.. as well, we can start getting the reservations setup and honestly, I'm thinking somewhere closer to the convention than Mellow Mushroom was. Even so much as saying, Hooters or Hard Rock, since we will setup reservations, we will all have to meet and beat feet to get to the restaurant at the proper time. Sound good?

welp, as of right now we have 18...We are going to add a little spice to this mashup....

THERE WILL BE A GIVEAWAY!

JUSTINIAN117 of Stony Props will be donating one of his incredible Magnum kits for the GRAND PRIZE, as well as 5 individual 40mm Grenade casts donated by Hydra and I of Hydraworx.

Re: The Dragon*Con 2014 - 405th Dinner **GIVEAWAYS**

Ok yall, we are looking at Sunday evening, @ 6:30pm at Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria. Any objections to this?

Can I ask for a change (at least in the time)? You all will probably agree as to why...

I am hosting "All Things Halo - The Interactive Halo Experience" in Grand Salon D at the Hilton, Sunday evening from 7pm to 8pm, followed immediately by "Craft Your Fandom - Halo Armor" from 8:00 to 9:30. I was rather hoping all of you guys might be there in armor to show off to the crowd and to talk about your build styles (I'm no expert, but the Director of the Video Games Track felt it would be cool to share techniques and stories). Steve Downes, Tim Dadabo and Courtenay Taylor will be there for both events. If the crafting part doesn't take the whole time slot, we have permission to turn it into an impromptu question and answer session with the guests.

I hate to rain on the party, but I think those three alone are worth it. First prize for the game is a free pre-order for The Master Chief Collection from Digital Veda Games...

On a side note, is there a place to gather to meet other 405th members after the parade on Saturday? You guys are the main reason I'm going, so I'm trying to schedule myself around Halo-related events where I can.

And I am terribly sorry for not mentioning this before.

It's cool, lets discuss!! Thats why, I originally said Friday night... we just want to be able to still have fun AT the con and not stay out all night and miss fun things. But I have only had a couple folks discuss with us. So... I am all for Friday. Does anyone else have an issue with Friday night??

Can I get my name on the list +1, thanks, see you there

Myself and DMaq will love to come! Put us down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back