led light question

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbs

Jr Member
Where would some one.buy those led strip roles that you can cut up to different lengths I'm located in canada and haven't got a clue where to look and fins this led strips.

ADAfruit has a fairly massive selection of LED and EL gear.
They've also handily got tips for hooking them up and powering them etc etc.

Lighthouse LED is a good place to look, they have many sizes and colors and even ones with pre-wired resistors. The average led there is under $0.50 I usually spend no more than $15 for a whole suit.

The only difference I can see in the two are the differences in wattage and LED type to match wattage. Higher wattage means brighter lights. I think you'd be fine with the 3528.

Demogorgon, almost. Wattage does not necessarily mean brighter lights, but higher wattage means more heat is generated (potentially need a heatsink) and will need a larger power supply.

You can purchase LED flex strips on ebay too. Typically where I find the cheapest prices.

The number you referred to is the shape of the LED. The 5050 is a more common size of LED, the 3528 is smaller. I would rank them about the same brightness side by side (link below says 5050 is brighter).

led-5050-vs-3528.jpg
http://www.flexfireleds.com/pages/Comparison-between-3528-LEDs-and-5050-LEDs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back