Mk VI Full Suit WIP (Pepakura & 3D Printing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritKnight

Greetings and salutations!

I'm working on a full Mk VI suit. I'm planning on 3D printing the helmet (using this model) and pepping the rest of the suit. For the pepped pieces I'm using a somewhat odd mix of HD and SD files (I used HD whenever I thought the extra detail was needed, and when there weren't too many extra pieces). The pep files I'm using are:

• MD Chest by Robogenesis
  • SD Codpiece (also by Robogenesis)
  • SD Biceps (again by Robogenesis)
  • HD Boots, 3 Pieces (Robogenesis)
  • HD Forearms (by Nugget)
  • HD Handplates (Robogenesis)
  • HD Shins (by crackhead09)
  • HD Thighs (by crackhead09)

So far I have both handplates pepped and part of the helmet printed, and here are the results:

Handplates:
2014-08-13 18.24.44.jpg
2014-08-14 17.37.53.jpg
One is definitely more symmetrical than the other...

Helmet:
2014-08-10 22.39.52.jpg
2014-08-10 22.39.38.jpg

I'm going to start on the forearms next. Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks, all! I'm almost done with both forearms, and I'll post pics when they're done.

good luck! looks great so far! is that the back of the helmet you printed? just curious :)

It is. The first two pieces I printed (the back and the red insert bit) printed like a charm. The next batch (the two pieces that go on either side of the piece in the pic) did not turn out so well :(. I'm hoping that once I get a chance to do a full round of maintenance on the printer (new kapton tape on the print bed, level everything, etc.) the rest of the pieces will go smoothly.

Hello again! I know it's been a while, but I finally have some progress pics to show! I've just finished pepping both forearms and both biceps.

Here's the right forearm, along with one of the handplates (the picture is a little grainy due to the low light):
2014-08-17 00.04.38.jpg

Both forearms done:
2014-08-22 19.52.36.jpg

The right bicep:
2014-08-26 11.13.26.jpg

All the pieces I have completed to date:
2014-08-29 14.23.16.jpg

The chest and belt are next. They aren't HD files so hopefully they won't take too long. After that just the thighs, shins, and boots left! I'll be printing the helmet as I go, as that's more of a "set it and forget it" process.

Until next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back