Elite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I get bad files? Satchmo's elite helmet for foam is good, but the 8 ft. tall complete elite armor and the chest only file, well the 2D parts all overlap so it isn't useable.

Thanks

Yes and no. The file is alright, it's just not meant to be used as a pepakura base. But someone unfolded it. xD It's an ingame model. Therefore every game ripped 3D-model needs to be checked and cleaned up so you can use it for pepakura. Crimmson did an awesome job with the Elite Ultra. Use his model. Well, it still needs an unfold. Do you know how to do this? If not, I maybe start unfolding it today.

Yes and no. The file is alright, it's just not meant to be used as a pepakura base. It's an ingame model. Therefore every game ripped 3D-model needs to be checked and cleaned up so you can use it for pepakura. Crimmson did an awesome job with the Elite Ultra. Use his model. Well, it still needs an unfold. Do you know how to do this? If not, I maybe start unfolding it today.

Ah, that explains it. I haven't seen that last file from Crimmson.... I do not know how to unfold. :-( If you get to that point please let me know.

Thanks! :)

This file should help you out.
Ok, I must be doing something wrong... unfold.jpg

The Pep 2D side looks like gibberish....

Update now, pics as I can.
My husband and I found expanding foam is awesome for filling in open spaces without making them heavy.
I've also found someone to build a pair of digitigrade stilts! So there's that.

It flexes slightly, but dried pretty solid. I wouldn't put it in a place that needs to stand up to wear and tear, but it works wonders for filling in the voids in the elite's helmet.

I'm starting a foam elite head today...may I ask how you got the correct sizing? I've been trying to get a minimum width so the helmet fits and playing with sizing in Pep Designer...but mediocre results.
Where does the head sit in the helmet...the front jaw is actually 5-6 inches in front of the persons mouth..no?

Still working on getting those stilts. I found a nice person to help on that, she's even doing the stocking to look like the skin of the elite!
And she's decently priced. The solution my husband found for the helmet fins was to use expanding foam. Works like a charm and has zero weight to it.
So hopefully... maybe.... it'll be done in time for the spring cons! WORT WORT WORT!

Oooo, a great looking covie build! Looking forward to seeing this progress, I've been wanting to start an elite build for a while but I feel like the cost of materials would really start to add up if I try and get it anywhere near scale. Are you going to be making all the armor pieces from pep/resin?

Edit: did see where you answered a similar question earlier, haha, was more wondering if your plan had changed with time? I'm a foam guy, that's why, lol

This looks really good so far. I've never seen a lot of covenant builds, so this is going to be fun. Ultras always had my favourite armour layout, both practical and badass (though I typically wore Officer armour because I gotta show off like that. I hate how I couldn't mix and match pieces).

Keep us posted!

Okay, So the helmet has been resined and is ready for bondo....
One thigh has been built, one arm guard is built, stilts are close to being done....
Printing the rest of the things needed today!

Pics coming soon.

Here's the photos I promised. Don't worry, I'm going to have to free hand the top part on the shoulder but I'll get it done :)
I'm also posting the pictures on fb... you know... because I'm lazy.

elite arm guard.jpg
elite arm guard1.jpg
elite arm guard2.jpg
elite shoulder.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting a foam elite head today...may I ask how you got the correct sizing? I've been trying to get a minimum width so the helmet fits and playing with sizing in Pep Designer...but mediocre results.
Where does the head sit in the helmet...the front jaw is actually 5-6 inches in front of the persons mouth..no?

I went with a desired length of the helmet instead of the width. It seems like the cap where your head goes is really roomy so you're going to have a lot of extra room. What I've been doing is using expanding foam to help fill some of the empty space.

As of right now, I'm working on building the chest piece. It's getting resined in the next few days :) You guys have been great and I'm going to keep posting pictures as I can. If you're in the Halo Props group on fb, you'll probably see more pictures than what I was able to get here.
I'm also looking at paint schemes.... I'm thinking of doing a hand detail for the designs. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Moving along nicely now! It still needs resin and smoothing out, and a few details need foam. Still needing my stilts..... >.>
But at least the armor is mostly done lol.
elite suit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back