• Shin Type FJ/PARA
  • Robot Arm No
  • Thigh Extras UA/NXRA
- PRIMARY COLOUR: Steel
- SECONDARY COLOUR:White
- TERTIARY COLOUR (Not APPLICABLE):
- VISOR COLOUR: Gold

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Close, no cigar - check the colour chart I posted up. I'm only working off of that.

Hey Arcanine, if you would do this for me, that would be amazing, maybe even a spartan cookie

- NAME: HALOSPRTAN
- ARMOUR TYPE: Halo: Reach Mk. V
- Armour Components (delete as appropriate):

Helmet: EVA [C]
Chestpiece:Assault/sapper
Shoulder LEFT: Operator
Shoulder RIGHT: Security
Forearm Upgrade LEFT Assault/Breacher
Forearm Upgrade RIGHT: NONE
Shin Type: FJ/PARA
Robot Arm Y/N: N
Thigh Extras: Tactical/Soft case

- PRIMARY COLOUR: Steel (1A)
- SECONDARY COLOUR: Steel (1A)

- VISOR COLOUR: Gold

@nikolojedison, you're done!

EDIT: @PHIL-907, you're also done.

I'm going to admit: I didn't enjoy doing most of the last set of armour renders. I'm quite sick and tired of the same dull, boring grey/black colour schemes and bulky, unrealistic armours. From this point on, I'm going to reserve the right to refuse any sets that consist of 'mostly black with all the heaviest gear' - it's dull, unimaginative and, frankly, a grind on my time when I have to keep looking at the same schemes.

Looking through my backlog: I have two more renders to work on that feature 'mostly black' - I'm going to get those out of the way and then close up requests for anybody asking specifically for 'black primary'. Anybody asking for a primary colour of 'steel' or 'black' will be refused. I'm sorry. Henry Ford and the Rolling Stones may have been pioneers in their respective fields, but there's no need to take their words so literally and paint everything black.

Let's see some colour please, ladies and gentlemen.

Attachments

• NJ Render.png
    NJ Render.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 367
  • Nicolojedison Textured.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 352
  • Phil-907 Rendered.png
    Phil-907 Rendered.png
    943.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Phil-907 Textured.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 262
While I'm on the subject: this is one of the reasons I'm tired of 'bulky robot arms'. Please, no more of this.

Attachments

• are we seeing a problem here.PNG
    are we seeing a problem here.PNG
    500.2 KB · Views: 260
Thanks! I wanted to see what the Mk V was like in Grey before I started getting paint for my build, but I'm starting to think I may do something else.

Sorry, I've had that look forever...Didn't know black was such a pain :p Thanks! It looks awesome!

It's only a pain when everybody and their mother is using it.

I get it: it's great for kids and teenagers that want to be cool and act like they're part of a Spec Ops unit, but... you have over nine hundred possible colour combinations to choose from. Why does everybody always go for the most dull, boring, lifeless schemes? Not to mention the idea that people only want the heaviest, chunkiest stuff on their armour - it gets very boring to look at when you've put so many renders of the same shades and pieces together, and it's hardly challenging to work with.

When you can get a chance to do this, I'd like to get one made of the H3 CQB armor to match my actual armor. Thanks for taking the time to make these. Much appreciated! :D

- NAME: vshore100
- ARMOUR TYPE: Halo 3 CQB
- Armour Components:

• Helmet - CQB
  • Chestpiece - CQB
  • Shoulder LEFT - CQB
  • Shoulder RIGHT - CQB

- PRIMARY COLOUR: White
- SECONDARY COLOUR: Black
- VISOR COLOUR: Purple first choice...Gold if purple isn't available.

Sorry for the wait, everybody - I've been very busy with a little project. Here's a sneaky peak:

Attachments

• VS100 Pre-render.png
    VS100 Pre-render.png
    574 KB · Views: 272
Quick update: I'm almost done on my major commission, and then I'll be back to portraits. I MIGHT take more of these on in the future, but they're a lot of work - don't be surprised if I start asking for a little bit of money as compensation for the amount of time I put into this sort of thing.

As above, this one's for vshore100, and is almost done. I just need to add a few more weapons.

Attachments

• VS100 Pre-render.jpg
    VS100 Pre-render.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
T-T-T-TRIPLE POST

Alright, I know it's usually bad form to multipost like this, but with fresh content and a bump for further stuff, I think it's justified.

vshore100, you're officially DONE. This took me a lot of time, but I'm very glad I spent the time learning how to do this - future renders of this type won't take as long at all, having learned the hard way how to speed things up and get my settings right first time.

It's also a shame I didn't manage to do what I wanted to with this render - I spent a few hours experimenting with trying out some scenery pulled from game maps, without success, before doing things the easier way and opting to use something a little more simple. I hope you like the result, Rusty, and feel free to poke me if there are any minor alterations you feel would be appropriate.

As for everybody else: I'm taking a break from renders for a few days, to rest up, and then I'm going to open back up for both simple character renders, and for more complex scenes such as this one. As always: feedback is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• VS100 Final Render.png
    VS100 Final Render.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:
- NAME: Harri51
- ARMOUR TYPE: Halo Reach MKV
- Armour Components:

- Helmet - ODST (CNM)
- Chestpiece - Collar Breacher
- Shoulder LEFT - Grenadier
- Shoulder RIGHT - MK. V
- Forearm - UA-Bracer
- Thigh - UA-NxRA
- Knees - Grenadier
- Visor - Silver
- Colors: Steel and Teal

Work looks hot man. Love what you did with vshore's model man most excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back