(help) first time pepakura helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon

Hello, nice to meet you! I would like to try my hand at building a pepakura halo helmet for the first time. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good "beginners" helmet. Something that's good to start with and such.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated and thank you for reading!

Hi, I'm a new recruit as well and from what i learned it still takes a long time. i'm right now doing a Halo 3 mk vi helmet and it is going to take forever as i've only nearly finished cutting sence i started saturday. My idea would be a mk vi helmet or an ODST helmet. really i think it is up to you, just have a look around.

Really the helmet difficulty depends on the actual pep file you get, some are more low definition and easier to create whereas some have a lot more detail and are harder. But I have to agree with Mr Boombas, an ODST or MK. VI would be a good place to start, plus there are a lot of tutorials and reference pics around for those particular helmets.

If you want to try a helmet just so you can get a feel for pepakura, I would try a Halo CE marine helmet. It's not very detailed and is relatively easy for someone that is new to pepakura and it will allow you to practice til you get more comfortable working with it and then feel confident enough to move up to the more detailed helmets. :)

My advice. Find a helmet with large pieces. Larger means you will be able to do more with one piece.

Hey mate,

I'm also new to pep and spent hours looking at different files the other night trying to work out where I should start... in the end I decided that as it would take week/months of work to complete anything I might as well make something I really like the look of :) and it should help keep up my enthusiasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back