• Colonial

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I mentioned this is a post quite a while back in the support section but I want to mention it here just once.... and I am not going to push it. It is for you, the founding members to decide.

In my opinion "North Eastern" is a very clunky name. Most groups that encompass your area go with New England or something similar. If you love NorthEastern and want to stick with it, I won't try to dissuade you again, but IF you are going to change it, now, while it is still new and hasn't been solidified, is the time.

This is very true, and can be talked about. I know one person mentioned "Colonial Regiment" also fitting for the states we cover. New England Regiment is also on the table. The only problem with that is the Refiment covers more than the New England states.
Anyone else have ideas for a name?

I do like the sound of Colonial. Has a touch of "class" to it. "New England," as was said before and came up in the naming discussion, that's an existing regional designation that only applies to about half of the area this regiment covers. Northeastern is more fitting than New England, but I do see the point in that it would make for a rather crowded lapel pin. I'm just a tad uncertain if "Colonial" will conjure up the right idea of where this regiment is, or if someone might take it as more of theme (like steampunk/post-apocalyptic) rather than the geographic location. I'd like to think most people could figure it out, but my skepticism of humanity tells me there would be at least one person somewhere who asks "so, what, you make like Spartans in pilgrim's hats carrying blunderbuss muskets?" Granted, that would be rather interesting to see and would make for a rather comical logo or Thanksgiving E-card, but still, want to make sure we give the right impression.

I'm so used to just calling everything up here the northeast, but I do love that colonial name, has a great ring to it. :)

Or even if we just shortened it to "Northeast" rather than "Northeastern." It's only a three letter difference, but it does bump us down from having the longest regiment title on the current list. Heh, we could even abbreviate it further to "Nor'east" if we wanted to.

Thou this is ture I think the other reason for name suggestions is to find something with more of a flow. I do agree with Art on the fact that northeastern is a "clunky" sounding name. I think we need something that describes us and rolls off the younger nicer.

Colonial Regiment mates... All the way. We cover the mid atlantic and maybe even some of the classic south, but these were the original colonies over here, I think it's fitting and classy. Colonial all the way.

Name poll

Adding a poll in at the top of this question. Not saying voting will necessarily dictate a change, but it might help you see where you are at.

Huh, it seems to me like the poll might not be working. It's saying that I can't vote at all. Anyone else having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back