Unofficial US Regiments are shaping up quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We are down to the last two regiments for the US and I am guessing this map will be pretty close to the final divisions. Need someone to step up for the Southwest. TX? You are huge? Where are you?

405th US Map.jpg

While I have been less active then some of the others in the Southwest I am willing to try and help get everything started.

Upvote 0
Midwest seems fairly large and Southwest fairly small. Im not sure if you are taking constructive criticism but here is my two cents. Add Nevada to Pacific, Utah, Colorado, and Kansas to southwest, and North Dakota, South, and Nebraska to Mountain. Im guessing youre basing this off actual the actual division of the country though right? Either way im glad to see you doing so much to build the community back up, it really adds some liveliness after the forum "update" a while back that lost a lot of people. Are the colors on the map also going to match for the regiments below the username?

Upvote 0
Midwest seems fairly large and Southwest fairly small. Im not sure if you are taking constructive criticism but here is my two cents. Add Nevada to Pacific, Utah, Colorado, and Kansas to southwest, and North Dakota, South, and Nebraska to Mountain. Im guessing youre basing this off actual the actual division of the country though right? Either way im glad to see you doing so much to build the community back up, it really adds some liveliness after the forum "update" a while back that lost a lot of people. Are the colors on the map also going to match for the regiments below the username?
Shouldn't you get the Midwest banner by your username? ;)

Upvote 0
its a awesome way to split the map but I am still saying that there should be something of a pionneer or lone wolf division for the lone practitioners with no one in a three hour radious (yes in my town its hours not miles we're so far out from anything)

Upvote 0
Now, here's a question - for those few of us who are potentially going to be moving away from our home regiment, is there an opportunity to file for transfer? Or are we able to keep our original heraldry as well as moving to our new regiment?

I ask only because I'm not sure whether it would be considered good form to 'straddle' two regiments and would be encouraged to select one - either remain with my original Regiment, or adopt to the new one.

Upvote 0

Keep in mind that these are only tentative boundaries AND that at points in the future they will have the option/ability to divide based on the growth of individual areas.

Upvote 0
its a awesome way to split the map but I am still saying that there should be something of a pionneer or lone wolf division for the lone practitioners with no one in a three hour radious (yes in my town its hours not miles we're so far out from anything)

We have seen groups that create things like that (I believe they are called Outposts in the 501st). For me... they don't necessarily create a sense of unit and belonging. if we find that there is a need for them, we will add something like that in, but at the moment, we are starting with Regiments that will have Battalions under them.

Upvote 0
Now, here's a question - for those few of us who are potentially going to be moving away from our home regiment, is there an opportunity to file for transfer? Or are we able to keep our original heraldry as well as moving to our new regiment?

I ask only because I'm not sure whether it would be considered good form to 'straddle' two regiments and would be encouraged to select one - either remain with my original Regiment, or adopt to the new one.

We want order and structure in the club but at the same time, we don't want to FORCE people to do too many things they don't want to do. We are likely to have a transfer system setup in which a member who moves may CHOOSE to stay with their old regiment/battalion or transfer to the new... but that could also create a lot of weirdness. Not 100% sure how that is going to work at the moment. We definitely would not have people straddling.

Upvote 0
We're currently having that situation with LilTyrant actually. She moved over to the east coast, though she'll always have a home in Pacific and we like to consider her "on loan" to the Northeast Division :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Art Andrews,
I thought the Southwest was taking on Louisiana and Arkansas.

Has something changed?

I thought Central Texas was already pretty organized? Has anyone from out there speak up lately?
Organized or not, they need to find a way to involve the rest of the Regiment.

Why have a group on facebook just for Central Texas when there aren't even other Texas groups?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
It has changed. Keep in mind that until everything becomes official these things are all in a state of flux and just as I said from the beginning, while we are overseeing the development and nudging it here and there, for the most part, we are letting them form however they naturally fall.

@Art Andrews,
I thought the Southwest was taking on Louisiana and Arkansas.

Has something changed?

Upvote 0
We're currently having that situation with @LilTyrant actually. She moved over to the east coast, though she'll always have a home in Pacific and we like to consider her "on loan" to the Northeast Division :p.

This is certainly a situation that is going to come up from time to time and we are going to have to address transfers.

Upvote 0
It has changed. Keep in mind that until everything becomes official these things are all in a state of flux and just as I said from the beginning, while we are overseeing the development and nudging it here and there, for the most part, we are letting them form however they naturally fall.

Sounds good!

Any way to add the ability to view the map full screen?

Upvote 0
A regiment transfer process, preferably as clean and succinct as possible, would be very useful. Once regiments are fully fleshed out, it might be a good idea to set up a board with a list of who is heading up each regiment so that if/when a member is relocating, they'll know who to contact about getting transferred to their new regiment. The list would also be useful for people who are only temporarily relocating (such as for college or just an extended visit) so they'll know who to get ahold of just to say "hey, I'll be in your area in this time frame if you need an extra hand."

I'm in the Northeastern right now, but the school I want to go to (funds pending) is in Texas, and I have a friend in Wisconsin trying to get me out there for a while, possibly a more permanent move if things work out. The possibility of having to leave one's home regiment behind can be difficult enough, a smooth and easy transition to their new regiment means one less thing to worry about. I mean I'm sure we can all trust each other not to get territorial or anything like that, we just don't want anyone feeling like they're being left in limbo for any significant length of time just because they had to move.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back