Mark IV! First time pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnybroskii

Jr Member
10484793_744826488917497_7696356238392790536_n.jpg My friend and I's first time using pepakura to make armor. He's going to be helping me make my armor along the way! After we resin and bondo the helmet, we are going to cast it for his own armor too! Can't wait to work on the next step!! Any tips/advice would be appreciated!

Verry clean pep job, exellent work! looks like you got the scale pretty spot on. if you did that first try ill be jealous took me 4 tries to get my helm right hah. whatever ya do dont rush youeselves, and be prepaired to remake armor pieces a few times, use LD files on normal printer paper before upping to the HD files, cardstock aint cheap hah.
If you havent watched em already go check out Cereal Killer's videos for hardening and bondoing
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...-Chief-**-A-Step-By-Step-Tutorial-(My-Way)-**

Verry clean pep job, exellent work! looks like you got the scale pretty spot on. if you did that first try ill be jealous took me 4 tries to get my helm right hah. whatever ya do dont rush youeselves, and be prepaired to remake armor pieces a few times, use LD files on normal printer paper before upping to the HD files, cardstock aint cheap hah.
If you havent watched em already go check out Cereal Killer's videos for hardening and bondoing
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...-Chief-**-A-Step-By-Step-Tutorial-(My-Way)-**
Thanks Blorin! we did a test one first but not the full helmet, this was our first full one. We got lucky with the scaling haha. Thanks for the advice! Yes, I've checked them out, great vids! :)

i just noticed the smiliey face on the front of the helm, you have to make that a smiliey on the final paint job...because reasons....

Update: Working on the biceps atm, honestly having kind of a hard time, but I'll get it done and post pictures when im done. stay tuned

10628416_748525078547638_8700165178327516898_n.jpg10377271_748524238547722_3323993880990131923_n.jpg10629813_748524275214385_1062075404375357733_n.jpg
Little update, been working on the paldron, almost finished, also worked on the biceps which we are going to cast since they are the exact same pieces. My friend is going to resin the helmet within a couple days. Excuse my messy room.

There aren't very many mark IV builds out there. It's always good to see these builds. I've always wanted to make one but my current build and a Destiny build are getting in the way :). Which torso file are you using? Are you using agbates? That one looks like a beast, 590 parts. Anyways good luck with your build.

There aren't very many mark IV builds out there. It's always good to see these builds. I've always wanted to make one but my current build and a Destiny build are getting in the way :). Which torso file are you using? Are you using agbates? That one looks like a beast, 590 parts. Anyways good luck with your build.
Yeah! This armor just caught my eye so me and my friend are making it. I think it is the agbates one, possibly rundown's I need to check. Thanks! Good luck on your build as well! Come back for updates :)

Nice to see someone else doing a Mark IV build. I feel like we need to make a club for it. A really tiny club.

You have some really clean pep work there. Which model are you using for the helmet and left pauldron? I don't recognize it. I'm currently using Abgates' models.

Nice to see someone else doing a Mark IV build. I feel like we need to make a club for it. A really tiny club.

You have some really clean pep work there. Which model are you using for the helmet and left pauldron? I don't recognize it. I'm currently using Abgates' models.

Haha we should! Im using rundowns i think!

Got another piece done, this is the right shoulder piece thats gonna be under the pauldron. You actually dont see it much but if you look at references it is there.
10458036_750271328373013_2538947884481923171_n.jpg

You and your buddy are really knocking this out. Just wait until you get to the torso. It's a beast.

You and your buddy are really knocking this out. Just wait until you get to the torso. It's a beast.
Yeah haha, we're dividing the work, im working on the arms, and hes working on the legs! Then once we finish we're gonna work on the torso and cod piece together. Wish us luck and stay tuned! :)

mark IV.jpg I think its safe to say I geeked out when i realized that this is Chief in Mark IV armor Lolol. I'll post some updates soon

Little update, just finished a little portion of the tester piece of the chest and I think i got the sizing right, so now im gonna move on to the full chest piece! :) also been working on the left shoulder but still working on the sizing for it, seems to large at the moment.
10640985_761961850537294_5072439337896685885_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back