First Foam build Halo 4 Master Chief armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

asakurazero

Hello this is my first time posting on this awesome forum which i have been lurking for about 4 years, my first armor was a halo 3 master chief on pepakura it wasnt bad, but nor the best it was done under 3 months many people helped me on that tbh.

This build is completly mine, made on foam using the rainbowdash pepakuras for foam, im close to the paint prepping and prop building, also im building first adding details later, so if it took too much time on the building process i could still use the armor on the con which im planning to use it, and add the details later.

Also my helmet is courtesy of HyperBallistik awesome cast! since im not putting resin on my head because of my allergies. Health first!

any comments on how to close gaps or make the armor as seamless as possible are really welcome i want to have the most clean finish as possible.

IMG_20140822_000020.jpg
IMG_20140820_001221.jpg

IMG_20140809_130221[1].jpg

IMG_20140810_181238[1].jpg

Yeah multi colored foam :p its the only one i have available, and its cheap 15$ for four 42" mats

the boots and cod piece are mising, because te boots were made with the incorrect size due failing at pepakura designer and the cod piece will be made with freehand

Looks good so far! :)

coming from you means a lot thanks!, btw this images are old i will post the most recent and i finished most part of the armor now, i only need to open the visor and fit it and paint it. and its good to go.

FMC9zt6.jpg

apJMsAL.jpg

oh yes my beautiful girlfriend helps me with some molds because i suck at drawing.

4m2i26b.jpg

the spine, thiswas what she was drawing

zIFxSoD.jpg

Attachments

• FMC9zt6.jpg
    FMC9zt6.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 167
  • apJMsAL.jpg
    apJMsAL.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 162
  • zIFxSoD.jpg
    zIFxSoD.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 4m2i26b.jpg
    4m2i26b.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
There are many options you can utilize to smooth out the gaps.
1, Use white school or wood glue. Multiple layers of it will slowly fill the gaps.
2. Bathroom latex caulk that is paintable would also be usable.
3. superglue.

There are many options you can utilize to smooth out the gaps.
1, Use white school or wood glue. Multiple layers of it will slowly fill the gaps.
2. Bathroom latex caulk that is paintable would also be usable.
3. superglue.

thanks for the tips, i tried dynaflex from DAP and siliconizer from lanco (its supposed to be a sandable latex caulk) i will post updated pictures on this post, just let me get them off the phone first

gzIFvhu.jpg

1fR4m6b.jpg

02LANd4.jpg

cyUQzJL.jpg

i still want to add some extra details on the back of the armor and then "Finish it" before i think of another mod

Attachments

• gzIFvhu.jpg
    gzIFvhu.jpg
    913.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 1fR4m6b.jpg
    1fR4m6b.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 02LANd4.jpg
    02LANd4.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 153
  • cyUQzJL.jpg
    cyUQzJL.jpg