Halo Wars Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgon47

Hey everyone.

I had this model commissioned as I'd like to start building a Halo Wars suit as soon as I can. I am currently too busy with work and moving to a new city to learn how to break this model up for 3D printing. I'm not sure it will lend itself to pepakura or foam templates but you are more than welcome to try!. I'm hoping someone more skilled than I can assist in this endeavor. There are two versions of the file included: a high and low poly model. I'd also like this file to be made available to anyone who wants to use it for free. For reference, the stock scaling was set at 7" for the neck area (for me to get my giant head in).Good luck!

HWFront.jpgHWBack.jpg

-Eric

Attachments

• Halo Wars.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 658
The files included are in stl format, specifically for 3D printing. In order to toss it into pepakura you would need an obj (Object) file. Im not sure if stl's can be converted back into obj format but I dont know how. Its great for people who have a 3D printer though!

Wow, amazing model! Given the original circumstances regarding it being a commission piece, it's very generous of you to release it, thank you! I would love to add this to my list of helmets to complete!

-Matt

Hi, amazing work !!
I just finished my Mark IV pepakura one hour ago.

View attachment 2719

Your model seems to be more realistic.
But rundown made a very good work too and his files are very helpful.
Maybe someone could put parts of your 3D helmet in 2D ?
I also used rundowns model, gonna stick with it since i dont want to do pepakura for another helmet ahaha. thankfully this helmet still looks just as good too!
10484793_744826488917497_7696356238392790536_n.jpg

I don't know if the modeler has a presence here on the 405th, but his name is Jacob Morin. Hugh Holder recommended me to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back